HEY GUESS WHAT! Nothing was fixed Attached Screenshot

RoughRaptors

There's only so much they can do about the faction balance issue.

On HoG - typically 100-120 Republic players at any given moment on the Republic fleet. Whenever I log over to my Imperial alt - 200-250.

Suck it up, play Republic and adapt to overcome. Or, switch sides and run with Team Easy Valor.

Actually, read this thread and you will see, tons of stuff they can do about it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=101553

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why play Empire or Republic?

I'm going to be rerolling as New Conglomerate in Planetside 2. If you're serious about PvP you should look into that. After what BioWare has done with SWTOR, I think it's fair to give SOE another chance.

Signed I'll pilot the gal

unless they put a hard cap on the numbers of people then bioware will never be able to stop that from happening. its not their fault that faction imbalance exists.

you know what will happen if they cap the numbers? people will whine and complain that it isnt world pvp anymore (and they would be correct, its just a WZ)

you can have balanced pvp, or open world pvp. they are mutually exclusive, and no matter which gets picked people will complain about the lack of the other.

unless they put a hard cap on the numbers of people then bioware will never be able to stop that from happening. its not their fault that faction imbalance exists.

Of course it is their fault. They throttled the server population and had total control. They made ability delay exclusively on republic side. They actually made an INCENTIVE to go imps.

Edited by dysann

This is why DAoCs 3 factions was so genius. It's the only game that had successful open world PvP for a long time. Also a good group of 8 could take 2-4X (or more) their numbers because CC was so crazy. Zerg busting was amazing.

Why oh why will no big MMO go to 3 factions?

After what BioWare has done with SWTOR, I think it's fair to give SOE another chance.

I cannot describe the boundless joy I have from people with this attitude leaving. Ever see a sniper skipping through a field? You won't, because I'll do it when you leave, if this is your attitude.

-Ryven

Of course it is their fault. They throttled the server population and had total control. They made ability delay exclusively on republic side. They actually made an INCENTIVE to go imps.

sure pal, empire doesnt suffer from ability delay AT ALL......

if you refer to skills with "slower" animations. then some of them, like stock strike, actually register their damage instantly, so the animation speed is irrelevant.

take off your tinfoil cap, what could they POSSIBLY gain from making players play empire?

Lets face it, if 100 Jedi came to your aid, you wouldn't have made this post. The problem, therefore, is not enough Republic players on your server, at that given time, that cared to come to your aid or participate in the battle.

Exactly. And this is where I am very very happy to have the server forums coming online; it will allow for coordination of the factions and hopefully open up real world PvP with coordination between guilds, strategy and planning, and of course cross factional trash talk :D

I'd also love to see more battles on other worlds too, although we are starting to see that more and more. I think it adds a certain realism to the tensions between Imps and Reps.

el oh el double yew tee eff m8?

Anyone know how hard it might be to limit faction populations per a Ilum zone? Perhaps create more Ilum zones with decreased pop caps for each faction? WHY HAS THIS NOT ALREADY BEEN IMPLEMENTED?!

I'm not leaving the game and I'll continue to **** up any Imperials I see, as much as I possibly can, before respawning and doing it again.

MY HOUSE is the Geothermal Mines on Hoth. That's right you little Black Vulkar LImp-****ed momma's boys.

That's my house now.

Edited by asilos

Hey Bioware guess what you did by making it so they couldn't spawn camp us in our base? The exact thing that I said would happen, they are now simply camping us...OUTSIDE OF OUR BASE! On both sides, there are probably ~20-30 imperials sitting at the central outpost as well preventing any republic from collecting armaments. Good job on the "fix". More of a reason to not pay you on the 21st.

The 5-10 fps also doesn't help at all.

http://imageshack.us/f/594/screenshot2012011915110.jpg/

Was the same on my server, made it easy enough for me to get my daily and weekly done.

Sorry Bioware, this still isn't a PvP zone.

Hey Bioware guess what you did by making it so they couldn't spawn camp us in our base? The exact thing that I said would happen, they are now simply camping us...OUTSIDE OF OUR BASE! On both sides, there are probably ~20-30 imperials sitting at the central outpost as well preventing any republic from collecting armaments. Good job on the "fix". More of a reason to not pay you on the 21st.

I see you got some valor in that screenie, awsome.

I'll take getting camped by 100 imps over Republic players complaining that I interrupt their hand-holding sessions while they swap points with the imps any day.

At least now, my faction appreciates me for fighting back.

You want balance, fight back.

Don't pity the Republic players, pity the imps. There's nothing they can do to find a challenging fight in Ilum.

This right here says it all. PvP doesn't have room for whiners. Go big or go home.

Whatever you do, stop crying.

It's pathetic.

"hand holding sessions"....god I love it.... :D

You're aware that there are two entrances to either base, right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.