Consular...the ultimate Fred Flinstone fantasy...

Dyvim

So your answer is green colored lightning, instead of purple colored lightning? For Sages to go full WoW Mage and throw the SW version of Arcane Blasts and Arcane Missiles instead of stones and debris?

If you look at the movies, again I quote Yoda: Knowledge And Defense, NEVER For Attack. Sages should be tanks and healers with NO Force-based DPS ability, not wielding the Force like space-wizards. Even in KOTOR, the light-side abilities were more buffing and defense, with neutral abilities like Force Wave for offense. Again, good for a movie or single-player game, terrible for an MMO.

Having said that I like Sage as space-mage, even with stone-throwing. Perhaps different animation based on the environment - for instance, Nar Shaddaa's debris would not be rock and dust, but papers and trash? Hoth could have snowballs and icicles flying at the opponent. Sound like a fair compromise?

Please read the post...no my answer isnt green lightning. I was using electric judgment as part of an example, of how you wouldnt want to BASE the class skills around something that is rarely done or primarily done by the other side. Check out my thread on suggestions for the animations if you want to read what my suggestions for project and throw are.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=29235

The compromise I would be fine with would be to have the basic 1-2 punch ranged attacks of the class based on kiinetic force attacks, environment independent, like what Satele uses in Hope. Then combine the current forcequake and project ani's into one animation. Chunk a clunker project with its delay, would work much better as pure eye candy in a channeled skill, so it doesnt matter that it isnt instant. But until you MOVE the BASIS of the class more into line with the lore, then it isnt going to cut it, IMO.

As far as your Yoda quote, yes I agree. It might *actually* require a bit of design effort on BWs part to come up with animations or abilities that fit into lore. Since getting attacked in the game is pretty common, having abilities that *appear* to absorb or redirect attacker aggression would be VERY much appropriate and provide that light jedi feel of not being teh aggressor. The current animations are RIDICULOUS...not only are they on the FRINGE of jedi lore (jedi as fundamental rock/junk throwers), but they are poorly done even if you want to buy into that crap.

Edited by Dyvim

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you hate the armor so mucj OP grab your throttle and get into space combat, I got myself a full set of civilian pilot armour for my shadow and it looks hella boss, reminds me of the syo bakarn look.

Oh god, dont mention "space"....but that aside, the issue with your suggestion is that right now the end game gear has bonuses and built in mods that you can NOT duplicate in other orange gear. So that really isnt an option, although BW has hinted that it might be at some point.

I actually love hurling boulders at people with Project. Especially with the scrawny body type it looks especially awesome. Of course that's just personal preference. I agree pebble toss (telekinetic throw) animation looks horribly lame compared to force lightning.

As a Shadow, I would love to see some improvements aesthetically to gear. I think for Sage it's close to how it should be. Maybe just clean up some of the trim a bit so it doesn't have that ratty look.

Yeah, I dont mind the robes... its the tattered, rag look that I find absolutely unacceptable. It would be like having the jedi knight end game armor rusted, dented, and coming apart at the seams...

I understand some people like it. But my question isnt "Do you like it or not". My issue is that it is fundamentally inappropriate as a basis for the jedi caster skills. The movies, the lore, and other, highly rated and well received games all point to that same, inescapable conclusion.

Edited by Dyvim

---

---

... BTW Vader didnt use orange in the movies...

---

I'm not going to bother arguing any further about the telekinesis, it's obvious that your mind is made up and nothing is going to change that. You're actually starting to remind me of an acquaintance of mine who was so stubborn that on one occasion when we used an encyclopedia to prove him wrong about something, he actually claimed that there was a typo in it rather than admit that he was wrong. But I digress...

Did you watch the Original Trilogy before Lucas decided to give it a digital makeover? I did, many times. Among the many things that Lucas thought needed improvement were the lightsaber FX. When sprucing them up they also changed the color of Vader's lightsaber. It was orange originally, but was made more red in the 'new and improved' version of the trilogy.

Edited by Skoll

Blah. Blah. Blah. Throwing things is Darkside. Blah. I want Counselors to have the Jedi Knight storyline. Blah. Blah. Blah.

For me I think the stones are probably the most appropriate option available.

In the highest grades of canon (the movies and the novelizations of the movies) there is NO mention of throwing objects to be an expicitly dark side action. The novels make a point of Vader throwing objects at Luke on Bespin as an example of how POWERFUL Vader was, but not that this act was calling upon the dark side.

ONLY Force Lightning gets specifically labelled in that way in the highest canon (specifically in the novelization of Return of the Jedi). It is literally described as a corruption of the Force... twisting it into something that only looked like lightning, but was actually pure hate in physical form.

The idea that throwing things is a dark side act comes from the lowest grade of canon out there... the old West End Game RPG which had to include a tortuous piece of logic about how using the Force to guide your lightsaber so you can cut off someone's arm was less evil than simply hurling a rock at them to knock them down and/or drive them away was.

That's because they interpretted Yoda's line about "never for attack" as "never use the Force to harm another in any circumstance" instead of "use the force for knowledge and to defend yourself and others, not out of anger against others."

Thankfully the prequels resolved the issue by having Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon hurling droids around with reckless abandon and even Yoda using the Force to hurl Senate hover platforms at Palpatine (Palpatine shot first, but if throwing things is always a dark side act then Yoda should not have throw them back and instead tossed it aside).

As a result the idea of throwing things being darkside dropped out of canon (movies trump a decade-out-of-print RPG) and now no less than paragon of the lightside Luke Skywalker and his son Ben Skywalker hurl things at foes with the Force to drive them away, knock them out, or even to kill in several cases.

For a specific case... Luke vs. the Witches of Danthomiir in the "Fate of the Jedi" series specifically used the Force to sense the locations of the witches who were using the Force to control waves of rancors attacking an innocent tribe and then used rocks as ballistic missiles to kill those witches.

And really? Knocking people out with a hail of stones seems far LESS darkside to me than twisting the fabric of the Force into waves of damaging energy (the primary example in the game IS called Disturbance... as in disturbance in the Force... after all). Twisting the Force is the cardinal sin of Dark Side Force Lightning.

So I'll gladly keep my sticks and stones thank you very much.

Edited by SiegePro

For me I think the stones are probably the most appropriate option available.

In the highest grades of canon (the movies and the novelizations of the movies) there is NO mention of throwing objects to be an expicitly dark side action. The novels make a point of Vader throwing objects at Luke on Bespin as an example of how POWERFUL Vader was, but not that this act was calling upon the dark side.

ONLY Force Lightning gets specifically labelled in that way in the highest canon (specifically in the novelization of Return of the Jedi). It is literally described as a corruption of the Force... twisting it into something that only looked like lightning, but was actually pure hate in physical form.

The idea that throwing things is a dark side act comes from the lowest grade of canon out there... the old West End Game RPG which had to include a tortuous piece of logic about how using the Force to guide your lightsaber so you can cut off someone's arm was less evil than simply hurling a rock at them to knock them down and/or drive them away was.

That's because they interpretted Yoda's line about "never for attack" as "never use the Force to harm another in any circumstance" instead of "use the force for knowledge and to defend yourself and others, not out of anger against others."

Thankfully the prequels resolved the issue by having Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon hurling droids around with reckless abandon and even Yoda using the Force to hurl Senate hover platforms at Palpatine (Palpatine shot first, but if throwing things is always a dark side act then Yoda should not have throw them back and instead tossed it aside).

As a result the idea of throwing things being darkside dropped out of canon (movies trump a decade-out-of-print RPG) and now no less than paragon of the lightside Luke Skywalker and his son Ben Skywalker hurl things at foes with the Force to drive them away, knock them out, or even to kill in several cases.

For a specific case... Luke vs. the Witches of Danthomiir in the "Fate of the Jedi" series specifically used the Force to sense the locations of the witches who were using the Force to control waves of rancors attacking an innocent tribe and then used rocks as ballistic missiles to kill those witches.

And really? Knocking people out with a hail of stones seems far LESS darkside to me than twisting the fabric of the Force into waves of damaging energy (the primary example in the game IS called Disturbance... as in disturbance in the Force... after all). Twisting the Force is the cardinal sin of Dark Side Force Lightning.

So I'll gladly keep my sticks and stones thank you very much.

First, off, dont misquote me, Ive never said anything about CONSULARS and the jedi knight storyline.

The idea that throwing things is a darkside trait comes from, first, basic common sense. THen it comes from seeing every single sith do it in the movies. Then it comes from a number of games, such as df2:jk and all its follow ons.

Now, if you want to start bringing in examples from the EU, well you can find about anything there...like Jedi shooting LIGHTNING..

Electric Judgment also known as Emerald Lightning was a Force technique used by Jedi such as Plo Koon,[1] and possibly Luke Skywalker. It showed up as yellow[1] or green energy[2] instead of blue or white, but otherwise it was very similar in both appearance and usage to the Force power known as Force lightning. This power was uncommon and controversial among the Jedi because of its intrinsic association with anger and aggression. -From wookiepedia...

Now, hmm, what OTHER skills have the SAME kind of association with anger and aggression that we see, RARELY used by jedi...oh yeah...THROWING JUNK. Basing the ranged skills of jedi casters in this game off of junk throwing makes about as much sense as basing it off of shooting green lightning. Yoda did it ONCE out of two confrontations with dooku and palpitane where they threw many many objects at him. And the one object he did throw was a senate car that had been thrown at him first...so it very much fits into the jedi theme of reflecting the attackers aggression back at them.

Obi and Qui Gon did NOT hurl droids at each other, they force pushed them, and that was mainly Obi. Now, anakin, twice threw assembly line droids at geos in AotC. But in the SAME movie he slaughtered women and children and got married...so not exactly the best, jedi poster boy example to follow.

So you may be happy with throwing junk, but many people would like something that actually provides a jedi feel, not a shaman feel, or something that was done more by sith than jedi.

OP, I laughed out loud at your original post. It really hit the nail on the head, Haha!

to me, the consular is a monumental waste of potential, that really shows that bioware had some of their "B team" working on it.

I played a DS consular, with the HOPES of some sort of intruiging story--I was wishing I'd see a tale of paranoia and vindictive witch-hunting of the jedi's "enemies", where my order ended up resembling the demons which they hunted...

instead, all I see are dresses, TERRIBLE looking headgear, and a happy hippy flinstone fairy tale

, OH WELL, bioware shows their ability to waste potential

Too bad I wanted a jedi fantasy...but hey...

I get a pet lizard/dinosaur named Qyzen, almost Dino...

I get to smash and toss rocks all day, PLUS have a magical endless supply of gravel at my disposal, JUST like working at the quarry/gravel pit. DO still need a brontosaurus, but the game is just out of launch, so let's be patient...

And my end game pvp gear looks like something straight out of a rag bag/prehistoric apparel mart...oh and it REALLY works well for Twi's...but different.

So, just need a speeder that has stone wheels and is foot-propelled, and I'm all set.

Comeon BW, WTH are you thinking with this class. Is it any wonder that the Sith side is more popular and is considered "cooler"? Pull head from arse and fix the animations and deliver something with a jedi feel, from the gear, on down please...

I am currently leveling a consular and trying to defy these forded-upon clichée things you mention. The key is shadow with medium moddable armor.

I am playing a sage and love it. :)

As has been mentioned, if you don't like the sage, try something else. Yes, sometimes life really is that simple. Take advantage of it while you can.

no it is not that simple:

i like the class but i hate its look. the only alternative is rolling a sorcerer but guess what? so many did this due to the big style issues all republic light saver clases have that we have a very big imbalnce of empire vs republic.

but **** jedi style progression is not the only problem the republic has: there are also many many skill imbalances between mirror classes that the very most of them are in favour of the empire too.

actually BW must do something about the style AND the mirror skills. otherwise the imbalance between empire and rep will grow further. i really have to force myself to not continue my sorcerer as i had playing the bad guy and a light side imperial is a no go for me.

edit: oh and as further example you should look at the jedy sentinel (i think) t3 pvp gear. the most ugly powerranger ever. i do not see anything on that set that has anything to do with a jedi.

Edited by me_unknown

First, off, dont misquote me, Ive never said anything about CONSULARS and the jedi knight storyline.

You said you wanted a Jedi Fantasy... that's the Jedi Knight's arc... and really, they're everything you say you want a Jedi to be, so how about going and playing them and leaving those of us who enjoy things as they are alone?

The idea that throwing things is a darkside trait comes from, first, basic common sense. THen it comes from seeing every single sith do it in the movies. Then it comes from a number of games, such as df2:jk and all its follow ons.

You're engaging in a logical fallacy. Here's a similar one... We only ever see a Sith use a double-bladed lightsaber, so clearly double-bladed lightsabers are dark side.

Its also inaccurate. You see Yoda (the paragon of goodness and light and the one who trains Luke) hurling a Senate hover platform at Palpatine during RotS. Yes, Palpatine threw it first, but if it always of the dark side to throw things then Yoda would have just cast it aside (like he did with objects thrown by Dooku in AotC) and not used the Force to hurl it back.

Are you claiming that YODA would resort to using dark side powers?

As to the games, what you have to realize is the degree to which WEG Star Wars infected the canon. This is largely because most of the EU can trace its origins to Timothy Zahn's first trilogy and he specifically made use of ship and vehicle designs from the game so he wouldn't need to waste time designing them himself.

This carried over into the video games of the time, but they were all based on the same faulty premise... the one from WEG that Lucas has since discredited. That's the thing... LUCAS declares what's canon, not you. He has said that Jedi throwing stuff is not dark side.

That's why no less than LUKE SKYWALKER uses force projected rocks in the novels to KILL people who are attacking innocents and has it affirmed as lightside because he is calm and at peace and is using it defend others from harm.

Your efforts to claim otherwise are like trying to tell JK Rowling that the way magic works in the Harry Potter series is wrong.

Now, if you want to start bringing in examples from the EU, well you can find about anything there...like Jedi shooting LIGHTNING..

Yup, and they make a point in the EU that Electric Judgement was based on exciting electrons to create actual lightning and NOT the twisting of the force that was involved in Sith Lightning.

Now, hmm, what OTHER skills have the SAME kind of association with anger and aggression that we see, RARELY used by jedi...oh yeah...THROWING JUNK.

Except that the movies with Yoda throwing things and the EU have made a point that the issue is where you're coming from. One can be calm and at peace and use the Force to hurl something or you can be enraged and use the force to hurl something. Its the emotions and desire to harm others that makes it a dark side act. By contrast throwing something in order to stop an aggressor (i.e. for defense) is not dark side.

The reason why Sith Lightning is always dark is because it can ONLY be summoned by focusing anger and the desire to inflict tortuous pain upon another... the emotions required to summon it are what make it dark.

So you may be happy with throwing junk, but many people would like something that actually provides a jedi feel, not a shaman feel, or something that was done more by sith than jedi.

If by "many" you mean three or more people then I'd agree with you, but I've seen absolutely no evidence that your position is anywhere near the majority opinion... even among people who care enough to post on the matter (which is less than 1% of the player base). Indeed, you seem to be just about the only person making lots of noise on this across multiple threads that basically say the same thing (i.e. your proposal to change all the powers and several other threads that basically say... I hate them throwing rocks, change it to make me happy).

All those people playing and not commenting either don't care or are happy the way things are (as am I... I don't want them to change a thing about project or TK Throw) and you have no right to claim them as being on your side for this argument.

You are a minority... either get over it or play a Jedi Knight which has everything you could possibly want (no throwing rocks, lots of lightsabers and high fantasy elements) and stop trying to ruin my favorite class in the game with your changes based on logical fallacies (remember... double-bladed lightsabers are DARKSIDE because only Sith ever use them in the movies... Jedi Shadows need to be limited to a single lightsaber immediately).

I get a pet lizard/dinosaur named Qyzen, almost Dino...

My 3-year old son believes Qyzen is one of the Croc bandits from "Kung Fu Panda:Legends of Awesomeness."

Now if we could just play a Pandaren consular, he'd never let me do anything but play SWTOR.

Weak animations (I can live with them)

Lightside sages contstantly see -1 from Qyzen in conversations because we follow the code. Another companion is a pacifist. Another companion gets off on Imperial Memorabilia.

I don't remember seeing that many Jedi in dresses in the 6 movies combined. Robes and pants sure most Jedi, even the "ladies" too.

T1 is a horrible cosmetic set, T2/T3 are reskins of T1. The hats are atrocious. Seriously considering not equiping the tier sets as long as I look like a t***** dumb*** fresh off the shortbus (Male Sage at that). Sure they are going to fix it in the future which is the mantra of any MMO startup, Future Patch... Future Patch... Can I pay you in the future?

Pick another class, sure point me to the Jedi/light saber ranged DPS or Healer other than Sage? I like the Commando but that stupid Missile animation on a Merc OMG take a laxative.

Sages aren't bad but need some more spit and polish

If by "many" you mean three or more people then I'd agree with you, but I've seen absolutely no evidence that your position is anywhere near the majority opinion... even among people who care enough to post on the matter (which is less than 1% of the player base). Indeed, you seem to be just about the only person making lots of noise on this across multiple threads that basically say the same thing (i.e. your proposal to change all the powers and several other threads that basically say... I hate them throwing rocks, change it to make me happy).

I agree with you that the argument that ONLY dark side can throw rocks doesnt hold much water, my opinion is that consulars would be cooler if they didnt have to throw rocks SO much. Seems like the class is really designed around the rock throwing as their core spammable attacks.

obviously, im making a HUGE assumption, but i think it would really benefit the gameplay experience of a lot of people if consulars (shadows especially) were given more OPTIONS into how their character played.

e.i. keep the rock throwing in there for people who like it, but give them a bit more variety in their ranged attack animations (esp if the class is designed around their constant use to be viable) and im not even counting the "non animation" of a lot of the consular attacks like force breach, which doesnt even have any real "look" to it.

Edited by kevshootit

You said you wanted a Jedi Fantasy... that's the Jedi Knight's arc... and really, they're everything you say you want a Jedi to be, so how about going and playing them and leaving those of us who enjoy things as they are alone?

You're engaging in a logical fallacy. Here's a similar one... We only ever see a Sith use a double-bladed lightsaber, so clearly double-bladed lightsabers are dark side.

Its also inaccurate. You see Yoda (the paragon of goodness and light and the one who trains Luke) hurling a Senate hover platform at Palpatine during RotS. Yes, Palpatine threw it first, but if it always of the dark side to throw things then Yoda would have just cast it aside (like he did with objects thrown by Dooku in AotC) and not used the Force to hurl it back.

Are you claiming that YODA would resort to using dark side powers?

As to the games, what you have to realize is the degree to which WEG Star Wars infected the canon. This is largely because most of the EU can trace its origins to Timothy Zahn's first trilogy and he specifically made use of ship and vehicle designs from the game so he wouldn't need to waste time designing them himself.

This carried over into the video games of the time, but they were all based on the same faulty premise... the one from WEG that Lucas has since discredited. That's the thing... LUCAS declares what's canon, not you. He has said that Jedi throwing stuff is not dark side.

That's why no less than LUKE SKYWALKER uses force projected rocks in the novels to KILL people who are attacking innocents and has it affirmed as lightside because he is calm and at peace and is using it defend others from harm.

Your efforts to claim otherwise are like trying to tell JK Rowling that the way magic works in the Harry Potter series is wrong.

Yup, and they make a point in the EU that Electric Judgement was based on exciting electrons to create actual lightning and NOT the twisting of the force that was involved in Sith Lightning.

Except that the movies with Yoda throwing things and the EU have made a point that the issue is where you're coming from. One can be calm and at peace and use the Force to hurl something or you can be enraged and use the force to hurl something. Its the emotions and desire to harm others that makes it a dark side act. By contrast throwing something in order to stop an aggressor (i.e. for defense) is not dark side.

The reason why Sith Lightning is always dark is because it can ONLY be summoned by focusing anger and the desire to inflict tortuous pain upon another... the emotions required to summon it are what make it dark.

All those people playing and not commenting either don't care or are happy the way things are (as am I... I don't want them to change a thing about project or TK Throw) and you have no right to claim them as being on your side for this argument.

You are a minority... either get over it or play a Jedi Knight which has everything you could possibly want (no throwing rocks, lots of lightsabers and high fantasy elements) and stop trying to ruin my favorite class in the game with your changes based on logical fallacies (remember... double-bladed lightsabers are DARKSIDE because only Sith ever use them in the movies... Jedi Shadows need to be limited to a single lightsaber immediately).

Are you kidding? Maybe you should read my thread about animation changes, a substantial number of people agree they need changing. If you cant handle that, you have no credibility. I havent counted, but it is probably the majority. I am glad you like it, we may be stuck with it for a long time. But there is no debate about the imbalance in factions and the coolness gap between sorcerers and sages. Some people are fine with rock tossing and junk tossing. Just like some people are fine with ragged end game gear. But most arent and the movies dont support EITHER as being the basis for the skills or the epitome of endgame gear.

BTW I have a 50 sent, and I am playing every storyline in both factions. So telling someone that is suggesting reasoned changes to a class to go play another class is pretty stupid. Also, jedi is jedi...jedi consular should provide a jedi story, albeit a different flavor, as does jedi knight, but again I NEVER MENTIONED THE STORY LINES. So stow that one.

My logic is sound. Yes in the movies we only saw Maul use a double blade...just like we only ever saw anakin dual wield. BUT we have seen, in the jedi knight series of games, both on both sides. THere is also no compelling, logical reason to doubt that both sides could use them.

Junk throwing however, is different, with different evidence behind it. Every sith does it. We have alot of movie time devoted to jedi training, and we NEVER see it even mentioned. Yes Yoda did it ONCE, with ONE object. But again, it was clearly a reflective move. He stopped it and redirected back at the aggressor. HMMM, now where else have we seen that over and over...oh yeah, JUST LIKE jedi do with blaster fire and their lightsabers. Im sure one can be calm and at peace and choke someone too...but jedi dont typically do it. And provide a link please for your assertion that electric judgment was somehow different and using electrons, or whatever.

If Obi Wan, who we saw used a blaster ONCE to kill Grievous, disgustingly declared "how uncivilized", what do you think he would say to nonstop junk tossing???? How elegant? No. How civilized? lol, no. You like it. Fine. Too bad the lore doesnt support having it as the basis of the class' skills. Leave it alone so you can enjoy it? That one made me chuckle. Oh oh, stop trying to ruin your precious...get a grip. Your enjoyment is not a factor for BW, just like mine isnt as single customers. But hopefully upping the coolness factor and bringing the class more in line with what people expect out of a jedi caster is something BW will focus on...Out of all the classes, the consular ones are by far the most disappointing as grp. And I am playing them all. Closing the coolness factor gap, providing a better jedi themed experience and putting aside the nonstop junk tossing (even some of the people that like pebblestorm admit they like it because it is "Embarrassing to die from it for their enemies"...yeah, that the sign of a great animation) is in teh long term interest of the playerbase and the game.

Edited by Dyvim

Though I'm not 50 yet (only 35 at the moment) I got a bit of an angry rant here.

The only thing I had in mind when entering the two last betas was playing a consular and I still do, though I gotta agree with the OP. When comparing consular animations and story to most other classes we're a joke.

-We're stuck throwing stones all day long, I mean of everything (except lightning) they had to chose from dirt seemed to be the comparably awesome alternative? Really?

-We got an inherent design flaw in one/two of our abilities.

-We got a real generic goody two shoes story as well. I've been lvling with a friend who plays a smuggler and the difference in quality between our stories is absurd, there is no other word for it. He's got some real choices that creates different shades of morality in his story, interesting main companion, gets to interact with colourful NPCs and on top of that gets some real awesome battles in his story.

What do we get? to **** around finding some generic jedimasters with the cliché choices of killing or saving them in a story that is devoid of any "flavour". Furthermore while doing that we have to drag around a lizard who says jack **** and who we can't even buy weapons to!

To end on a positive note Taran does seems like an interesting companion though.

Edited by Klara
Spelling

In the end...i think bioware should add in "mod-able skills" , akin to Diablo 3's Rune system and WoW's Glyph system. You want project to toss rocks? Equip a mod that changes the animation to what it currently is. You want project to use something similar to the TK force waves? Equip a mod.

This will give players the option to further customize their classes....and to help bioware from having to hear "Jedi dont do this.....the animations arnt equal that....Tracer missile makes my inner child bleed internally.....Everyone just spams the same ability from 1-50 and its SOOOO boring." every single day.

In the end...i think bioware should add in "mod-able skills" , akin to Diablo 3's Rune system and WoW's Glyph system. You want project to toss rocks? Equip a mod that changes the animation to what it currently is. You want project to use something similar to the TK force waves? Equip a mod.

This will give players the option to further customize their classes....and to help bioware from having to hear "Jedi dont do this.....the animations arnt equal that....Tracer missile makes my inner child bleed internally.....Everyone just spams the same ability from 1-50 and its SOOOO boring." every single day.

Good post. I agree with the concept that choice is always better, as a general rule. That is why I am all for endgame gear having removeable mods so we arent stuck with some of those ridiculous appearances. BW has hinted this is coming.

Adding in multiple slews of animations though, for every class, would be a much, much higher level of effort, though. In the meantime, everyone knows project doesnt work and needs changing. Some people dont want to admit it. It is an animation that can NEVER be instant for a skill that must be instant. Alot of people also agree that jedi casting should not be slaved to rock and junk tossing. Two birds, one change.