Coming Up in STAR WARS: The Old Republic

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to some of the new stuff. Keep up the good work, Bioware!

*goes in-game* Now the only people on these forums are those that don't even seem to play. Take their opinions with a grain of salt.

PS. I know there are problems with the game, and a few of you have explained legitimate concerns, but the majority of you are terrible people. :p

?

Bioware Austin is comprised solely of SOE and Mythic developers. They have been making failed MMOs for years now. I can't believe people don't know this.

most of SOE and mythic MMO's have been successes so not sure what your porblem is. EQ, DAOC, UO, EQ2, SWG to name but a few

Funny...I don't remember Bioware making a MMO then.

funny....I don't remember Bioware teaming up with blizzard to make their game either. hmmmm...funny.

Funny how that you seem to think it's ok to not learn from others mistakes whether it is Blizzard or some other company.

They have Mythic creating this game too. They HAVE made MMOs.

Anybody that thinks these 'changes' haven't been in the pipeline forever and fall for the 'we are listening to our playerbase' BS deserves this game.

That demo of the moveable UI wasn't something they just slapped together since release, it just wasn't READY for release. It has nothing to do with a response to customer requests.

Same with the guild bank.

Anybody that thinks these 'changes' haven't been in the pipeline forever and fall for the 'we are listening to our playerbase' BS deserves this game.

That demo of the moveable UI wasn't something they just slapped together since release, it just wasn't READY for release. It has nothing to do with a response to customer requests.

They're a year behind the beta feedback.

They are still showing us armor, like the hood-down jedi armor, that is NOT IN GAME! And they tell us this is because the art department has a lot of work.

We are missing armors/robes since beta.

Oh yeah, that's another point. Putting back in a lot of the features they took out from Beta (more armor, high quality graphics) would be nice too.

They are quite obviously there, and functional given they were in and worked just fine for beta.

You are so right.

Shame on them for showing us stuff that they were working on and we want...

Bioware exclusively plays the Empire faction. Republic mirrors, warzone daily bugs, etc are low priority design changes since it doesn't personally affect their gaming experience as Empire. They also arent bugs, in the case of mirror handicaps, since they are blatant animation decisions. Same exact cave with WAR (since this game is exclusively designed by Mythic and SOE developers, not Bioware).

I thought this was common sense by now? It's all I hear about in-game on the republic side, people ain't happy at all about the clear bias.

Blizzard exclusively plays Horde! Bioware exclusively plays Empire! Trion exclusively players Guardians!

I'm not crazy! Its true!

Nice. But what about chat bubbles? When will an option to enable them for /say and potentially /yell and /emote chat channels finally be added to the game?

You say you are listening to the players and it's our game. Yet you have completely ignored a topic a large portion of the player base absolutely needs to have addressed.

Roleplayers and socializers (as well as many others, including many PVPers that don't have access to voice chat) really, really, really need this feature!

You say PVP will be a focus. It already is. What about other playstyles? What about RP? Us roleplayers are just as important a player segment as PVPers, PVEers and other playstyles. Please at least give us some love and at the very least add an option to turn on chat bubbles for /say chat!

+100

Just the other day, when he was again talking about how "epic" his game is, he mentioned how the team's dedicated to all players--including roleplayers.

Where is the content for roleplayers, Mr. Ohlen?

Edited by Dezzi

Tinfoilers clearly didn't listen to what he said...

"We are working on content for you guys and are always listening to what you want because this is for you"

Personally I found the vid satisfactory and note dear tinfoilers and the QQ about Ilum, note how they kinda made it clear they don't really care for Valor ranks, titles are titles and nothing more.