Dual Spec - It's a must! (NOT ACs)

Enigma

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dual Spec has become a standard tool in a modern MMO.

Why BioWare didn't add this to the game (amoung other standard tools, such as a LFG tool or some sort of guild management), is beyond me and looks like laziness.

I feel sorry for the people, who actually enjoy doing both PvE and PvP. Why should they be limited or find themselves paying a mountain of cash because they want to have fun?

And no, having standard tools in the game, doesn't mean the game is less innovative.

Come on BioWare, if you don't want to compete with the current popular MMOs, then your lack of standard tools is excused.

Dual Spec has become a standard tool in a modern MMO.

Why BioWare didn't add this to the game (amoung other standard tools, such as a LFG tool or some sort of guild management), is beyond me and looks like laziness.

Having almost no voiced quests is also a standard MMO feature, but you don't see Bioware following that structure do you now

Edited by SNCommand

Having almost no voiced quests is also a standard MMO feature, but you don't see Bioware following that structure do you now

And that structure is for RPG games and they followed suit with that with allthe sharding they do. It sure does feel like you're in a single player game unless you're in a quest hub or pvp wz.

Except there's a difference on a feature and a tool.

It got nothing to do with "following a structure". It has something to do with listening to your customers, and finding a way how the game can be made better.

Even if the game only had voiced class quests, and everything else would be text window pop up, I really doubt it would change a lot. Voiced quests are appreciated, and so should a dual spec tool be.

Edited by Meluna

This game does NOT have dual specs. So I think it IS for him, at the moment.

What are you on about? Currently this game has no Dual Spec, which mean it is for people who don't want the feature.

I know, but it's coming no matter what.

/deal with it.

Except there's a difference on a feature and a tool.

It got nothing to do with "following a structure". It has something to do with listening to your customers, and finding a way how the game can be made better.

Even if the game only had voiced class quests, and everything else would be text window pop up, I really doubt it would change a lot. Voiced quests are appreciated, and so should a dual spec tool be.

A tool is also a feature just so you know it, especially one for making it easier to play the game

And how do you know that introducing dual spec will make the game better? More accessible sure, but better is highly debatable

Edited by Meluna

would love a dual spec.

I hate healing but love dps'ing in pvp, while i hate dps'ing and love healing in pve. With the current system i wast a ton of credits/time respecing constantly or i roll a pvp toon and a pve toon.

I got an idea, how about you create a PvE char and a PvP char, then you could play two different classes with two different stories?

Or.... You can stop being lazy and just roll another toon. Problem solved. It's an MMO, and to be only rolling 1 character is a mistake on your part. I have a DPS, a Tank, and a healer. I switch characters according to the groups needs. Like others have said, Dual spec will reduce the diversity in character classes.

It won't actually reduce the diversity in character classes, but what it will do is create a group of people who create shift specs for PvE purposes where the specs are basically the same except for a few points moved around for specific encounters. Some people will use them for switching between PvP and PvE specs and more will use them for two PvE specs they can switch between. In WoW I used them on my hybrid classes to switch between two PvE specs, not between a PvP and PvE spec. The higher end raiders used them to shift spec for specific encounters in raids. In the end, the playerbase started wanting tri-spec once they got dual spec. Will that happen here? The fact that history tends to repeat itself, yes, if Bioware gives us dual-spec, the playerbase will start demanding tri-spec because they will use the dual spec options to have two PvE specs that are either for different roles or shift specs within their desired role either for different play styles or specific encounters.

I got an idea, how about you create a PvE char and a PvP char, then you could play two different classes with two different stories?

Or dual specs could be introduced and i don't have to wast my time leveling chars i don't wanna level so i can appreciate all aspects of end game.

I agree with this under 1 condition. The option to completely disable cutscenes and VO on everything except the class story, no spacebar.

No way I'd wanna suffer through 80% of the same missions again.

A tool is also a feature just so you know it, especially one for making it easier to play the game

And how do you know that introducing dual spec will make the game better? More accessible sure, but better is highly debatable

If you want a higher customer base, you give into their demands. Being able to dual spec doesn't in any way annoy the people, who does not want to use it. As you most likely wouldn't be forced to purchace the ability to do it.

Giving people an opertunity to actually focus both on PvE and PvP will attract more customers. If a tool in the game can attract more customers, then that means the game is better. Maybe not for you, cause for some weird reason I cannot point out, you're against having such a thing (even though it wouldn't do you any harm if it was there).

Edited by Meluna

I agree with this under 1 condition. The option to completely disable cutscenes and VO on everything except the class story, no spacebar.

No way I'd wanna suffer through 80% of the same missions again.

The PvP char could lvl using PvP insted of PvE

I never understood the logic behind ppls arguments against dual-spec. Seriously, if you think your personal gameplay would suffer from having a dual spec, don't use it. You can still respec any time you want by taking a shuttle to the fleet, spend all the points again, again and again. How could something comfortable like ppl having the possibility to switch their specs with one button have any impact on other ppls gameplay who do not use it?

There is a good reason behind why it has been implemented after couple of years in wow ... people fu... wanted it

The PvP char could lvl using PvP insted of PvE

But why be forced to play and maintain 2 characters, when you with dual spec could focus on the one character you already got?

Running the same story AGAIN, cause you really like the class you're playing, just for the sake of being able to PvE or PvP, is madness and nowhere near being attractive.

Edited by TotalKitty

If it can be done in the same amount of time as questing Im 100% fine with this. :p

You actually can, PvP is a very viable option for leveling, think I gained something like 10 lvls in PvP on my first toon, and I only played whenever I felt bored with PvE

would love a dual spec.

I hate healing but love dps'ing in pvp, while i hate dps'ing and love healing in pve. With the current system i wast a ton of credits/time respecing constantly or i roll a pvp toon and a pve toon.

They want you to roll more toons. Especially for that rainbow unicorn of a draw, the STORY. Currently THAT is your end game.

-I do not care what they do on that and it benefits me to have a dual spec. I am not a big roller of alts so a dual spec just means I do not have to play the game on 2+ toons to accomplish what I want to do. Is it beneficial to them? Probably not, but who cares? It has been done in a couple other rail-riders, so why not here?

Edited by Uben

Why only settle for dual specialization while you're at it?

It's almost certain that the very second BioWare announces dual specialization, people will cry about "only" having two available specializations... and not three or more.

Why only settle for dual specialization while you're at it?

It's almost certain that the very second BioWare announces dual specialization, people will cry about "only" having two available specializations... and not three or more.

The logic behind dual spec is that it allows players to take part in both pvp and pve w/o having to maintain two separate characters. While we all know the second dual specs get released people will want tri spec, there isn't as concrete of a reasoning behind it.

The logic behind dual spec is that it allows players to take part in both pvp and pve w/o having to maintain two separate characters. While we all know the second dual specs get released people will want tri spec, there isn't as concrete of a reasoning behind it.

It happened with WoW, so it's very likely to happen with SWTOR as well (people never being satisfised with what they have)... because suddenly it's not enough to just have a spec for PvE and a spec for PvP... as they craved... now one must have a tank/heal spec for PvE, a tank/heal spec for PvP, a DPS spec for PvE and a DPS spec for PvP... and maybe even a variation of either spec ;).

Not to be misunderstood, I'm quite indifferent to having only one or more specs available on a given character... people passionately wanting dual specs might as well just aim for the stars :D.

Edited by Ringko

It happened with WoW, so it's very likely to happen with SWTOR as well... because sudden it's not enough to just have a spec for PvE and a spec for PvP... now one must have a tank/heal spec for PvE, a tank/heal spec for PvP, a DPS spec for PvE and a DPS spec for PvP... and maybe even a variation of either spec ;).

I understand that people in wow want a tri/quad/w/e spec, i also understand that people will want a tri spec should dual spec be introduced in swtor. I am saying however that the reasoning behind having 2 interchangeable specs is pretty solid, whereas there is no real solid reason behind having 3+ interchangeable specs.

and iirc there are plenty of people on the wow forums that support dual spec but do not support tri spec. tho its been quite some time since iv bee there.

Dual specialization. NOT for Advanced Classes.

Flashpoints -

Problems = Can't find a tank or healer. OR to many tanks/healers

Solution = Dual Spec. With how the loot drops in swtor it's easy enough for all the hybrid classes to have both sets of gear. This would be promoting more Hard Mode flashpoints.

Operations -

Problems = To many players of a particular spec.

Solution = Dual Spec. Having the flexability of choices allows for your group of friends to mix and match their specs to better accommodate the particular fight.

PvP -

Problems = No healers/tanks in the warzone to give a fighting chance for PUGs.

Solution = Dual Spec. you have 1-2mins before each fight to determine what your group makeup is . Then you have the chance to make balanced group.

The true bottom line is this.

Dual Spec helps EVERYONE!

"Must". I don't think that word means what you think it means.