75% price hike for pvp goods

Zarekin

I apologize if this already has a thread, but I am too lazy to search thousands of pages.

I can't help but notice that it now costs 580/1000 instead of 330/1000 for pvp weapons. And don't even get me started on the gear. Now having read through the patch notes I see nothing listed as to why the price was increased.

Am I the only one that feels like they have been slapped in the face and told to go play PvE?

Now I brought this up on my server and was instantly trolled for not being awesome enough to get 100 tokens per match and that 580 is a drop in the bucket. As a healer I make somewhere between 50-70 per match. 580/70 = 8.2. So I have to play 9 matches to buy a single piece or gear. Am I seriously the only person put out by having to spend 3 hours, 20 minutes a game (if you're lucky and not including time in que), for a single piece of equipment where I could just go kill npcs for 1 hour sell all the loot and buy a comparable weapon?

Does this not reek of the PvE favoritism that we have come to know in so many other games?

Thank you for your time

Bad change.

Leveling gear in PvP should not be difficult to get. I understand hours of playing per piece for gear you're going to keep, but level-up oranges are a silly thing to charge hours of time for.

PvP gear should be inexpensive and widely available, but require investment in PvP.

Crappy PvP gear (the equivalent of quest greens) should be available to folks with a high level and a low rank. Better gear should be available for folks who've got enough PvP experience to be ranked up a bunch; blues at a certain level, purples at another.

All these pieces should be buyable a level at a time, so gaining a level means there's a new piece of PvP gear available to you.

This is the smallest, easiest change to make that could make PvP a real, viable path for leveling up, for those of us who enjoy it.

I guess now that all of the Sith are overgeard thanks to the sanctioned exploit, the Devs can now focus on gimping the Republic further.

Seriously it way to cheap. Everyone that was heavy into pvp had all their companions in fuels sets of Pvp gear. That is kinda wild.

I can't believe it wasn't higher actually

This change is a huge, harsh punishment for everyone, both factions, who has not done a PvP grind for all their gear already. This is just an underhanded slap in the face. Shady EA business is shady. I trust Bioware enough that they wouldn't do something as drastic as this, while EA's reputation has clearly shown that they don't give a care about their customers.

But maybe I'm just a Debbie Downer, who knows.

If there WAS a problem with rate of gain vs cost, I'd prefer that they address the rate of gain rather than the cost. Otherwise you devalue what people already earned but have not spent.

And, of course, letting us know (preferably ahead of time, but at /least/ at time of implementation) would've been nice...

I apologize if this already has a thread, but I am too lazy to search thousands of pages.

I can't help but notice that it now costs 580/1000 instead of 330/1000 for pvp weapons. And don't even get me started on the gear. Now having read through the patch notes I see nothing listed as to why the price was increased.

Am I the only one that feels like they have been slapped in the face and told to go play PvE?

Now I brought this up on my server and was instantly trolled for not being awesome enough to get 100 tokens per match and that 580 is a drop in the bucket. As a healer I make somewhere between 50-70 per match. 580/70 = 8.2. So I have to play 9 matches to buy a single piece or gear. Am I seriously the only person put out by having to spend 3 hours, 20 minutes a game (if you're lucky and not including time in que), for a single piece of equipment where I could just go kill npcs for 1 hour sell all the loot and buy a comparable weapon?

Does this not reek of the PvE favoritism that we have come to know in so many other games?

Thank you for your time

i'm not looking for the video or statement but i thought bioware wanted to get rid of the grind in this game?

Man I totally noticed this yesterday.

Day before I was level 18 and did some matches to get 180 tokens to buy the orange lvl 20 PvP pants, got the pants for 180 tokens.

Then yesterday I log in finish up Dromund Kaas class quests and then queue for some more warzones so I can purchase the orange lvl 20 PvP chest. I get to about 230 medals and then head to the fleet station.

To my surprise the orange lvl 20 chest is now 320 tokens and no where was it in the patch notes.

I can understand increasing costs for lvl 50 gear if it was took quick to aquire, but why up the costs on the lvl 20 & 40 gear? That's seems like a bad move because a lot of people including myself do a few matches at time then do some quests. If you now have to do twice as many matches your going to out lvl your class quests a lot faster.

This change is a huge, harsh punishment for everyone, both factions, who has not done a PvP grind for all their gear already. This is just an underhanded slap in the face. Shady EA business is shady. I trust Bioware enough that they wouldn't do something as drastic as this, while EA's reputation has clearly shown that they don't give a care about their customers.

But maybe I'm just a Debbie Downer, who knows.

our bioware founders said in an interview that they make the decisions not ea.

If there WAS a problem with rate of gain vs cost, I'd prefer that they address the rate of gain rather than the cost. Otherwise you devalue what people already earned but have not spent.

And, of course, letting us know (preferably ahead of time, but at /least/ at time of implementation) would've been nice...

I really want to know what they are doing with pvp leveling gear. Seriously BW, what is going through your heads? You removed the level 50 blue stuff; why?! Then you price jacked the rest of it. Never mind the fact that buying the entire set before meant you were dropping quests. Now, in order to get it, you'll need to drop nearly the entire 10-17 planet! PVE is given gear hand over fist. Yet you've gone a step further to make gearing in PvP even worse? What are you thinking BW?

Look, I try to defend you guys. But you are just killing me. I can't rationally understand any of the changes you've made to pvp (beyond minor class tweaks). Could you at least inform us of what you are doing? Of what you are thinking? -Or- could you actually listen to us instead of running the opposite way with every single reasonable pvp request made?

Before the nerf, you could literally get a whole set of level 20 or 40 pvp gear in 2 days. An ENTIRE SET. now it takes 4.

Cry more.

Shut up, your arguements look stupid.

Anyway, this was totally unnecessary; with champion gear being completely random this was just another nail into the coffin...

Edited by Wrakk

Even before the price increase, I encouraged all my friends to not buy pre-50 pvp gear and just save it for the Champion bags at level 50.

You can potentially horde 4000 Warzone tokens and 1 Champion bag until you hit level 50 for a total of 6 bags.

The PvP items are slight upgrades at best from what you can get from just questing.

If anything, it's the Champion bags that need nerfing as it makes everything obsolete outside of hard flashpoints and up and battlemaster bags.

Edited by VinnieDaMac

The prices are fine. I found that prior to the patch gear was obtained to easily because I was able to buy all my level 40 armor, earpiece, implants, and weapons all in one night.

If you regularly PvP you will have no trouble getting any of the gear. At level 34 Ive already began buying my Champion bags and Im sure I am not the only one doing this.

Thank you for your time

Honestly, only get the weapon. Do PVE or GTM for the rest. Orange gear is easy to find, just go thru class story for mods and non-moddable gear. The other level 40 gear has no expertise on it anyway, so no point in it unless you are just wanting to completely avoid PVE all together.