EU Server Maintenance times today a joke?

Jonoelgrande

Uhhh yes there is. BW has stated that they want everybody to be on the same client.

We would see MANY complaints that US gets new features before EU (or vice versa) because they split the times. Or "OMG US got bug X fixed but I need to wait until time y!!!!".

OR many people will log on to US servers if their EU servers are down.

There is no way BW can win.....so the best solution is to have a global patch.

Then why not at more user friendly times? A patch time starting at PST say, 11pm, would mean GMT 7am, CET 8am, and they could be done at much 'fairer' times, instead of this kind of nonsense. Basically EU gets shafted, so US customers get better service. Sorry if you find that hard to stomach, but imagine how pissed off you'd be if you were unable to play regularly, and it is regularly, because patch times are during your available windows.

Then why not at more user friendly times? A patch time starting at PST say, 11pm, would mean GMT 7am, CET 8am, and they could be done at much 'fairer' times, instead of this kind of nonsense. Basically EU gets shafted, so US customers get better service. Sorry if you find that hard to stomach, but imagine how pissed off you'd be if you were unable to play regularly, and it is regularly, because patch times are during your available windows.

The truth

Uhhh yes there is. BW has stated that they want everybody to be on the same client.

We would see MANY complaints that US gets new features before EU (or vice versa) because they split the times. Or "OMG US got bug X fixed but I need to wait until time y!!!!".

no, no complaints like that from WoW players

also, they can split up the eu servers from the US and make em maint on different times

3-7pm Central Europe time to apply a patch that should really just be a hotfix?

Is this a joke or just horrendously bad csr?

Isn't that in the morning?

Edit: sorry it's 15:00 - 19:00... ouch... better stay over at work then. :p

Edited by Bafucin

I've been playing WOW for 8 years, and I've never seen a post about what you're talking about. And the game updates has been ever before for US than EU version.

I've NEVER seen anyone complaining about that in EU WoW forums.

Do you really think that we'll be complaining about that when we've got 7 downtimes in senseless EU daytimes.

Most people aren't even a high enough level to go to Ilum yet, and while I'm sure it's a very unpleasant issue for high-level PvP'rs, I don't see that it's sufficient justification for taking a four hour chunk right out of EU primetime. We're not talking about an economy exploit that could ruin entire servers forever if not immediately fixed here, we're talking about a population balance issue which affects a tiny percentage of the playerbase and which could be easily avoided by simply not going to Ilum for an evening.

Leaving the patch until tomorrow at the regular downtime timeslot means that 3% of players have to do something other than their favourite ingame activity for one evening. Pushing an immediate hotfix means cutting 97% of players' play time by anywhere from 50-100%. That's not even close to a worthwhile tradeoff.

That's why on my server, Empire side, there were more 50s on Ilum then any level range on any other planet? We had over 100 50s running on Ilum, and the next closest planet population wise was Belsavis sitting at 70ish. Excluding the fleet, Ilum was the most populated planet Empire side.

It isn't night time everywhere you know and they aren't going to pay their IT staff to update this at a time where they'd have to pay them extra wages. You would be the first to complain if they patched the servers and something went wrong but it can't be fixed quickly because all of the senior staff is at home in bed.

man they actually do it at night ... in USA, doing it at night in EU means its day in USA so no wages.

Errmm they have to do this patch because either A. They didn't think this pvp exploit would happen (man that would be stupid) or B. something they planned to counter the exploit didn't work properly so they didn't test it well enough (I'd rather prefer this option at least).

So honestly it's their wrongs they set right, at least they could do it when I'm sleeping :p

I've been playing WOW for 8 years, and I've never seen a post about what you're talking about. And the game updates has been ever before for US than EU version.

I've NEVER seen anyone complaining about that in EU WoW forums.

Do you really think that we'll be complaining about that when we've got 7 downtimes in senseless EU daytimes.

Wow never operated this way though. Once you go this way, you cannot go back. Everybody is used to having the same exact version.

Everybody is used to the ability of playing on both EU and US servers.

You cannot change that now, it is not good business practice.

Wow never operated this way though. Once you go this way, you cannot go back. Everybody is used to having the same exact version.

Everybody is used to the ability of playing on both EU and US servers.

You cannot change that now, it is not good business practice.

But its a good buisness practice to make clear you don't care about an entire continent of paying customers...at all?

Makes sense...

But its a good buisness practice to make clear you don't care about an entire continent of paying customers...at all?

Makes sense...

What do you mean they do not care? They choose the best x-hour block that works on GLOBAL down time.

The MAJORITY of players have standard hours from 8-5.

An emergency patch is not the norm.

HOT FIXES CAN BE DONE AT NIGHT!!! really its not that hard.

no they cant, how can all the hardcore people play if you shut down the game during its prime time hours of 01:00am and 06:00 am:rolleyes:

The hardcore guilds stomping raids would go ape........they would have to sleep during the night, the horror.

but on topic it is clearly pro american as thats their "target" market.so get used to it:)

What do you mean they do not care? They choose the best x-hour block that works on GLOBAL down time.

The MAJORITY of players have standard hours from 8-5.

An emergency patch is not the norm.

It is NOT global. The game was released in EU and US. The time difference is about 8 hours. They could have done that maint. at about 1-3am CST what would have been 9-11am CET. But they chose 8am CST. That's ridiculous.

Edited by Fyraya

Some people work shift patterns. Why couldn't this be done over night? Why can't all the maintenance patches be done over night? Surely there is no reason US and EU servers need to share the same downtime.

Thats not my problem

Maintainance works for me and all of the day time working croud which probably over 90% of the people

• 3 weeks later...
i dont see much global timing in this.. US players get theirs on night , EU players get theirs on morning.. i mostly have my day off's during the week and like once again today.. so if id live in US id wake up and started to play but due i live in EU i get to look on the nice ''scheduled maintenance'' screen. But my point beign it's rather annoying the whole ''global timing'' due it's not imo.. it should start few hours earlier or someting..