EU Server Maintenance times today a joke?

Jonoelgrande

well it is to fix a pvp exploit, so if that is your thing you should care about it and not mind the servers going down to fix it.

That being said, it happens i know witha lot of NA based MMOS the EU people get shafted as far as downtimes but keep in mind it is to improve the game and benifit everyone! No company can make everyone happy with these downtimes, even if they had seperate downtimes for geaographical locations there would still be someone that is affected and not be happy about it.

3-7pm Central Europe time to apply a patch that should really just be a hotfix?

Is this a joke or just horrendously bad csr?

Or maybe you're not realizing that they're working on the database to remove the valor from the exploiters like everyone is asking them to do? 4 hours of downtime usually suggests more is happening than just updating the servers with new code.

Or maybe you're not realizing that they're working on the database to remove the valor from the exploiters like everyone is asking them to do? 4 hours of downtime usually suggests more is happening than just updating the servers with new code.

according to the dev tracker, turrets don't give valor

well it is to fix a pvp exploit, so if that is your thing you should care about it and not mind the servers going down to fix it.

That being said, it happens i know witha lot of NA based MMOS the EU people get shafted as far as downtimes but keep in mind it is to improve the game and benifit everyone! No company can make everyone happy with these downtimes, even if they had seperate downtimes for geaographical locations there would still be someone that is affected and not be happy about it.

HOT FIXES CAN BE DONE AT NIGHT!!! really its not that hard.

haha yeah like they removed all the credits the dupers exploited? Dream on

Most people aren't even a high enough level to go to Ilum yet, and while I'm sure it's a very unpleasant issue for high-level PvP'rs, I don't see that it's sufficient justification for taking a four hour chunk right out of EU primetime. We're not talking about an economy exploit that could ruin entire servers forever if not immediately fixed here, we're talking about a population balance issue which affects a tiny percentage of the playerbase and which could be easily avoided by simply not going to Ilum for an evening.

Leaving the patch until tomorrow at the regular downtime timeslot means that 3% of players have to do something other than their favourite ingame activity for one evening. Pushing an immediate hotfix means cutting 97% of players' play time by anywhere from 50-100%. That's not even close to a worthwhile tradeoff.

who says?

Even if true, whoever said this was simply a hot fix? and also on top of that when it is night for someone it will be day time for someone else so it is kind of hard to do it at night for everyone.

It isn't night time everywhere you know and they aren't going to pay their IT staff to update this at a time where they'd have to pay them extra wages. You would be the first to complain if they patched the servers and something went wrong but it can't be fixed quickly because all of the senior staff is at home in bed.

Hotfix 10 years ago:

Software patch applied while system is live/running.

Hotfix some time ago:

A server-side change with no download and can be implemented with no downtime, or a short restart.

Hotfix now:

4 hours downtime.

Hotfix 10 years ago:

Software patch applied while system is live/running.

Hotfix some time ago:

A server-side change with no download and can be implemented with no downtime, or a short restart.

Hotfix now:

4 hours downtime.

but this is not a HOTFIX but a PATCH

American i take it? Besides im paying for this time..

This is the exact type of ignorance that makes me wonder how in the world you could possibly become indignant or angry over the percieved way others treat you. That chip on your shoulder is huge. We are ALL paying for our time to play, you aren't special.

Maintenance times are not a conspiracy to undermine those living in Europe.

As a working EU member i love the downtime

Please dont change it its wonderful and generally doesnt go the full lenth so is usally back before or around 2pm gmt

Great for the working europeans

Some people work shift patterns. Why couldn't this be done over night? Why can't all the maintenance patches be done over night? Surely there is no reason US and EU servers need to share the same downtime.

This is the exact type of ignorance that makes me wonder how in the world you could possibly become indignant or angry over the percieved way others treat you. That chip on your shoulder is huge. We are ALL paying for our time to play, you aren't special.

Maintenance times are not a conspiracy to undermine those living in Europe.

You know nothing of me so dont presume u do

Some people work shift patterns. Why couldn't this be done over night? Why can't all the maintenance patches be done over night? Surely there is no reason US and EU servers need to share the same downtime.

Uhhh yes there is. BW has stated that they want everybody to be on the same client.

We would see MANY complaints that US gets new features before EU (or vice versa) because they split the times. Or "OMG US got bug X fixed but I need to wait until time y!!!!".

OR many people will log on to US servers if their EU servers are down.

There is no way BW can win.....so the best solution is to have a global patch.

Edited by Nighthawked

You know nothing of me so dont presume u do

I know you automatically assume anyone who says something you don't like is American. Please, before you make sweeping, ignorant judgements, make sure you have your facts straight.