Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see they are stopping people entering bases. Dont see how reducing the ilum cap is going to make much of a difference. Even with 50 people on screen its a giant lagfest. They will need to reduce the requirement for the daily quest aswell. For those that dont have much on the opposing faction and even for those that are completey outnumbered, good luck getting(or looking for) 30 kills ( when 50% of the kills dont even register in the game for the quest).

150 kills for the weekly too btw ;(

This free valor fest is a slap in the face to all the people who have busted their butts for the last month to make their ranks. Please remove the exploited valor gains, I know this will fall on deaf ears but it really is a slap in the face to all the people who have been seriously pvping up till now.

How is being spawn camped Biowares fault? You kept reviving, and they kept kill you. That is 100% the players fault. Everyone knew there would be faction imbalance on Ilum when this happened. Yet you still went there. Once again, this is 100% Players fault, and valor exploit was a mere rumor. Not to mention republic weren't being Spawn camped on all servers. On my Server we were outnumbered 2:1 yet we pushed the Imperials around.

... There are screenshots of the valor being gained. Videos of it too. it's not a rumor. And it's not the players fault if they get trapped at the spawn because Bioware didn't prevent the ability for the other players to take advantage of it. It was a massive fail, don't try to excuse it.

To be perfectly clear, while this valor exploit is a problem for anyone who grinded valor 60 it is way worse for anyone who intents to do so, but was unable to participate in the taxi spawn grind.

It is like making every raid boss die instantly and drop 10x the normal loot when taunted, for one night and letting everyone keep their items from those kills.

Oh, and make that possible for only on faction on the server.

Not taking away the valor gained is either insane or corporate thinking. Milking those imp players for their money untill annother game steals the playerbase. I guaratee you, would the underdog faction farm their BM in one night on every server, while the overpopulated could not, there would have been a rollback.

Not to forget: there was no way to do the daily quest on most servers for the underdog faction.

Bioware made all Empire players look like exploiters.

I've been called one all night.

I was playing the games broken content.

A company that brands me an exploiter...or anyone else who were killing people in a PvP zone over and over on a system they knew would be broken because of faction imbalance won't get my money.

From my guild numbers I'm sure a lot of serious PvP'rs feel the same.

I play Empire by the way.

Maybe, but there should still be a valor rollback.

What I find very entertaining is. A few months ago you all of a majority of you was ready to line up an blow all the devs. Now they allowed there baby to be born an tring to fix all the issues that was not fixed prior to launch or discovered after.

They have listened an have done somethings the community has asked. 50 bracket an tring to get this iilum planet jumping with pvp. A error was made an not fully thought out an you all (or most of you) think this the end of the world. Cancel sub. I mean really if your not going to sub up do actually think someone here is going care?

Give the new born mmo a chance to grow. Allow the devs to correct issues an improve from the launch mistakes. I mean really they are human to. An they make mistakes just as much as the next person. Just give the game six months or come back in six. Every mmo has issues out the butt when launched. I can say this was a pretty darn good one when comparing it to other mmo.

Relax or cancel your sub. ************ about the issues isn't going to get it fixed any faster nor get results.

Edited by Orcron

Nope I worked as a game tester before.

I went to the zone saw how broke it was and left. Being a game tester for three years I can see broken content, not that it takes being a game tester to see how bad today was going to be.

That still doesn't make the fact my guild members didn't any better. It certainly doesn't make calling them exploiters for being in a PvP zone and killing members of the other faction a smart move by Bioware either.

An open door does not have to be walked through just because someone left it open.

It was exploiting, clearly not an intended way to rank up valor. If your guildies participated in this, they are exploiters, 100%. No excuses.

Poor game design is not an excuse for taking advantage of the situation. Because everyone else is doing it is not an excuse for taking advantage of the situation. It is no different than duping credits, or pulling mods out of items you are not supposed to.

What I find very entertaining is. A few months ago you all of a majority of you was ready to line up an blow all the devs. Now they allowed there baby to be born an tring to fix all the issues that was not fixed prior to launch or discovered after.

They have listened an have done somethings the community has asked. 50 bracket an tring to get this iilum planet jumping with pvp. A error was made an not fully thought out an you all (or most of you) think this the end of the world. Cancel sub. I mean really if your not going to sub up do actually think someone here is going care?

Give the new born mmo a chance to grow. Allow the devs to correct issues an improve from the launch mistakes. I mean really they are human to an make mistakes just as much as the next person. Just give the game six months or come back in six. Every mmo has issues out the butt when launched. I can say this was a pretty darn good one when comparing it to other mmo.

Relax or cancel your sub. ************ about the issues isn't going to get it fixed any faster nor get results.

the thing is all those mistakes favoring 1 side :) isnt it funny? :)

Not the players fault Bioware was dumb enough to not give players PvP immunity for a short duration upon revival.

No rollback

Lol k bb Bioware

So your defending your deliberate exploiting of a bug... interesting. You obviously deserve the rollback an do not deserve any favor/valor you deliberately griefed off people.

That's my screenshot. I took it to prove peeps saying there was no decent valor gain wrong. And a Sith bud of mine was making way more.

With that said, I couldn't care less about some PvP wannabe player obtaining his Battlemaster rank/gear in 2h while it took me a full month of hard work, what I care about is this:

Screw this, add me to the 'subscription cancelled' list. I can't take this **** no more.

Not only did BW screw up bigtime whatever PvP that was left but they also introduced the following bugs:

- Random black/loading screen during gameplay every now and then, PvP and Warzones included

- Random black/loading screen between loading screens (lol)

- FPS decrease

- Ability stuttering increase (***)

- Total faction imbalance

- Broken valor system

And this. Just... this:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3092/bwusuck.jpg

How on earth am I supposed to tell if 5 is on CD off the corner of my eye when the icons are lit constantly and locked to the bottom of my screen? I never used to look at my quickbars, now I gotta pay more attention to them than to the actual action. A quick glance won't do. Couldn't you at least have given the blue icons another color? That would have taken 5 minutes tops, be it in Photoshop or Paint...

When the CD notifier is the same color as most of your ability icons = Fail

Nor did BW fix any of the following bugs:

- Green walls all over the place

- Peeps falling through elevators

- Peeps ending up stuck in space during Warzones

- Peeps falling through the floor during HMs

- Ability stuttering

- Crew Skills (Biochem is still way superior)

- No money sinks (peeps are literally giving it away)

- Stuck social/light/dark side bars

- Doc 'Crazy Talk' quest bug

- No statement regarding the current wave of Damage/speed hackers

+ many more

BW have no idea how to run a MMO and their customer support is worse than NCfails legendary tech monkeys... CMs are no better. We had to literally bombard them with 300 pages worth of hate speech and nerdrage only for a CM to finally go.... "potential problem, looking into it," and never speak another word again.

Really? If that's how you're gonna interact with the community in the future = I've been around long enough to understand that SWTOR is pretty much all FAIL.

I'm not spending another dime on this game until we get a rollback and/or fire Gabe. It has nothing to do with Valor gain but taking an already broken system beyond reparation. Random loading screen DURING ACTUAL GAMEPLAY is alone a far bigger issue than any sort of valor exploit. Many have reported it already. It even occurs in some of the youtube videos of peeps camping the Republic base. Yet BW hasn't bothered to comment on it. At all. Not a single world. BW simply doesn't know how to communicate. Even an actual chimp as GM would be better at this point.

Edited by darthtoph

Worse situation managment, Bioware... Your pvp team should have forseen this especially since YOU know the exact population balance on the servers. Now you blame players because they found a way to "dominate the enemy"...

If now there´ll no rollback the whole situation is not solved but adjourned. And if your whole pvp system will not be changed completely your subscription numbers will significantly subside.

Taxi routes in Open World PvP... :rolleyes:

Edited by Maximilianus

Bioware made all Empire players look like exploiters.

I've been called one all night.

I was playing the games broken content.

A company that brands me an exploiter...or anyone else who were killing people in a PvP zone over and over on a system they knew would be broken because of faction imbalance won't get my money.

From my guild numbers I'm sure a lot of serious PvP'rs feel the same.

I play Empire by the way.

I play(ed) empire too. I went to Ilum with my guild (24 player ops), killed some reps around (not camping the spawn, just hunting random rep groups around Ilum) and got more than 5k valor in less than 30 mins. That was moving 90% of the time, fighting a 10% of the time on Ilum4, the less populated instance on my server at that time. I wonder how much valor I could have farmed if I camped the respawn at Ilum1. Maybe the 40k+ valor/hour some people were getting. It took me less than half an hour to realize something was wrong.

If you killed a level 1 mob that gives a huge ammount of exp, with instant respawn and uber-endgame loot, and kept killing it over and over, getting from 1 to 50 in minutes or hours, would you consider it an exploit? Why is the Ilum issue any different?

After that (and 4 crashes, many lag spikes and random loading screens everytime I moved, new in 1.1) I checked the forums, unsubed and have been waiting for a fix, a meaningful response from BW ("It may or may not be broken...", "It's working as intended but you should avoid it." or "We might do something at some point." isn't enough for me) or any sign that they are considering resetting today's valor.

Nothing yet. My subscription will be over soon and I, of course, won't pay to see if they actually fixed this. They will have to fix it before my sub is over or give some proof before I renew. And no, their word isn't and won't ever be enough.

For me the right thing to do was to report this as a bug, wait for BW to do something and hope for a rollback (or valor reset, w/e you want to call it). Anyone that abused it is obviously an exploiter and should be treated as such.

An open door does not have to be walked through just because someone left it open.

It was exploiting, clearly not an intended way to rank up valor. If your guildies participated in this, they are exploiters, 100%. No excuses.

Poor game design is not an excuse for taking advantage of the situation. Because everyone else is doing it is not an excuse for taking advantage of the situation. It is no different than duping credits, or pulling mods out of items you are not supposed to.

You and I feel differently than.

Being a game tester, this should have been delayed till the could max tester 200 vs 100 or similar numbers on the PTR but we the players who WANTED to (myself and "exploiting" guildes included) couldn't copy our 50's our roll 50 toons with Champion/BM gear to test this crap.

I doubt Bioware has the number internally to pull that off anyway so this patch could very well have been theorycrafted in.

I don't take broken content that people will be PAYING for soon lightly and have voted with my wallet. I certainly don't condone calling any Empire players today exploiters and can't wait to see where this game goes...good or bad.

To be perfectly clear, while this valor exploit is a problem for anyone who grinded valor 60 it is way worse for anyone who intents to do so, but was unable to participate in the taxi spawn grind.

It is like making every raid boss die instantly and drop 10x the normal loot when taunted, for one night and letting everyone keep their items from those kills.

Oh, and make that possible for only on faction on the server.

Not taking away the valor gained is either insane or corporate thinking. Milking those imp players for their money untill annother game steals the playerbase. I guaratee you, would the underdog faction farm their BM in one night on every server, while the overpopulated could not, there would have been a rollback.

Not to forget: there was no way to do the daily quest on most servers for the underdog faction.

Why do people think this? Again I have only one char it's a 50 republic trooper vanguard, the daily quest, even the weekly quest, only took me half an hour.

Yes imps were in our base and spawn killing us, yes we did die almost instantly, but here's the thing you are all missing because you give up way too freaking easily.

To get valor or a kill in this game all you have to do is get 'threat' against an enemy player who dies.

So here is the thing:

1. Side-step as soon as you spawn, you may not think it but trust me this works.

2. Run into the crowd of imps and AOE with all your might

3. Re-spawn and repeat

4. As turrets slaughter imps (which they do, believe me) valor and kills pour in.

Why is it that only I out of all the republic players out there, seem to have realised this. I went from 49 valor rank to 52 in under an hour. Being spawn camped. To get out was not an issue either, you just queue for Warzone and afk.

Yes Ilum PVP is un-balanced and broken but you guys get defeated way too freaking easily, the people getting spawn camped can just as easily profit as those spawn camping. All you gotta do is be more imaginative. More creative. Stop limiting yourselves with your need to be pissed off at something.

I'm not kidding, the only reason so many of you get mad about things that aren't even close to the truth (such as turrets giving valor) is because you want to be angry.

You want to be angry even before there are problems

So when there is even a tiny little problem, you blow it out of proportion, you don't even attempt to find a way out or way around it you just assume there is none, so you can be angry about it

I suggest you study your class, learn to optimise your play style and take your anger out on some imps in a Warzone. Much better use of the emotion.

If there's no valor rollback, or rollback in general, then the only thing that was worth grinding for and has been grinded (valor and pvp rank) has lost it's value entirely over night.

I grinded to 60 just to see that everyone now can and has done the same in about one fifth of the time. That's frustrating. And even if they did fix Ilum today.. what's it gonna be like after the emergency patch?

I'm disgusted by how incompetent the oh-so-praised PvP-Designers of SW:TOR are, and im not gonna subscribe for one more month tomorrow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.