1/18/2012 - The Day ToR PvP Died?

brentonj

Anyone else feel the same way?

1) Insanely long Warzone Que times.

2) The joke known as Ilum

3). The Game-Crushing Lag

4). The Valor Gaining Strictly by Imperial Forces

Oh, and they still haven't commented on, or mentioned ability delay in weeks.

Your thoughts?

1) Insanely long Warzone Que times. Haven't had a problem with this.

2) The joke known as Ilum. My biggest problem.

3). The Game-Crushing Lag. Haven't had a problem with this anywhere except Ilum.

4). The Valor Gaining Strictly by Imperial Forces. A problem on Ilum.

Open World PVP on Tatooine, Voss, Hoth (non-Ilum planets) is still fun though.

I am Republic player btw.

Not on my server, but if this is a problem, they need to adress it asap.

It was a joke before, it is still a funny joke, but at least there is some PvP going on now.

Yeah, people are bouncing around like I've never seen before.

Again, not on my server, Republic players are gaining valor just as rediclously fast as Imperials.

I'm not sure it's only the PvP that will be dying. This patch is a demonstration of bioware's ability to balance a game and foresee what can happen.

The internet is full of "lolz they really did this ??? lmao".

They're screwed. Rollbacks in an AAA MMO have been unheard of for years, they won't reset valor or lose all credibility, meanwhile angering:

-republic players

-empire players that farmed their rank in a legit manner prior to patch.

They're in a lose/lose situation.

I don't care about Illum. I am having an ABSOLUTE BLAST in Warzones pre-50. My level 44 Shadow is just awesome in these warzones. Most fun I've had PvPing in a looooooooooooong time!

Then dont comment, all these problems are lvl 50 problems and are game breaking.

you'll see once u hit 50 and are facing full battlemasters

I'm not sure it's only the PvP that will be dying. This patch is a demonstration of bioware's ability to balance a game and foresee what can happen.

The internet is full of "lolz they really did this ??? lmao".

They're screwed. Rollbacks in an AAA MMO have been unheard of for years, they won't reset valor or lose all credibility, meanwhile angering:

-republic players

-empire players that farmed their rank in a legit manner prior to patch.

They're in a lose/lose situation.

Someone never played the early days of wow.

This day will be mostly forgotten and not talked about once they fix the problems.

Of course, if they don't reset the Valor it may take a lot longer for the stink to leave the room...

Most subs run out in 2 days so they don't have much time...

PvP was make or break for me in this game. I knew before it launced that their PvP was complete crap though I gave the game a shot anyways. How they dealt with Ilum shows me that BW has no idea how to implement decent owPvP. I don't wish to "ride along" as they learn. I disagree with warzones to begin with and this was the final straw.

I agree with everything the OP stated. Server lag is horrible (even in warzones), ninja increasing PvP gear costs is a real low blow and I think it was uncalled for but it shows us what this company is.

Edited by SirCruor

So let's see.....so far we have had people getting to lvl 50 in a day due to getting full XP in war zones that end prematurely. A bug with selling stacked items whereby you could make billions of credits. Rampant use of speed hacks and abusing glitches (setting bombs in voidstar is but one example). And now we have this mess.

I seriously doubt that BW has the testicular diameter required to correct their latest mistake. A roll back is the only way to fix it but regrettably they have waited a tad too long.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Oh, and they still haven't commented on, or mentioned ability delay in weeks.

Your thoughts?

If you guys didn't see this train wreck coming, you weren't playing the same game as I was.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.