Who's going Republic?

DirtyDiggler

Who after the outslaught of today has decided they are rolling a rep?

I have a level 50 Sith Soc that I had started gearing up but the faction imbalance really bugs me to the point where I have decided I'm done with the empire and will roll rep.

The question is which class

once all the /unsubbed people leave it will balance out again. It's a game in it's infancy and the only people that don't get that are the hardcore or I mean babycore people. I plan to roll rebel at some point but I am having fun with my imp right now and I haven't even started farming.

For every one of you that decides to do this, one Republic will give up or switch sides and half of more of you will get bored partway through your alt and not go through with it.

Don't get me wrong, I commend you for wanting to do this, but I have personally found that it never ends up working this way. Most of my friends on opposite factions in other games who vowed to do the same thing never really bothered in the end.

I had already had a couple lowbie rep toons, I played one this morning, lvl 13 Vanguard and we facrolled Alderaan (the one with the turret caps) and huttball.

I was kind of surprised, after hearing all the qq about how the republic never wins, I was expecting to be waiting a LONG time to complete the daily. But it was fast and painless.

I chose to roll a pub vanguard because I wanted to have some run n gun mobility.

once all the /unsubbed people leave it will balance out again. It's a game in it's infancy and the only people that don't get that are the hardcore or I mean babycore people. I plan to roll rebel at some point but I am having fun with my imp right now and I haven't even started farming.

After today? If this doesn't get addressed properly there won't BE a Republic after the free month ends.

I like to become a Jedi, but i have PvP gear, 1.2 mil credits and 5 weeks work in my char.

i not gonna reroll to republic without a convert, or some sort of compensation.

also like to add, the ship designs of republic's are really really ugly.

Edited by abishe

Sorry but the ones that unsub will be the republic that is getting camped solid.

Commando is pretty awesome. But if you want the same style of play as SI go JC

Commandos are inferior versions of Powertechs. Our Mortar Volley doesn't do damage as fast, you can push some of our Full Auto (Unload) damage off the table by damaging us, whereas the same is not true for Powertechs. Powertechs get more overall resource from Heat than Commandos do with ammo.

I love the Republic and Im sure**** not rerolling Empire any time soon, but as a sane person that doesn't want others to suffer through his masochism, I have to warn people away from playing Republic toons. The devs play Empire, and it shows in virtually every aspect of the game.

yes, because having to lfg/lfm for 3-5 hours for on republic side while taking minutes on the imperial side is only an issue for babycore people /rolleyes

Edited by shadowAI

I have a level 50 Sith Soc that I had started gearing up but the faction imbalance really bugs me to the point where I have decided I'm done with the empire and will roll rep.

Make sure you dont pick a rep class that has a definite disadvantage via their abilities..... Wait thats EVERY class choice.... nvm. Carry on. BTW theres no LUBE on the Ilum Vendor so dont even try to look...

I have a 50 Jug that I'm kind of attached to. However, been working on several Pub alts.

18 Vanguard....like him but I'm afraid he's gonna make my Jug look bad by being a much better tank.

16 Shadow....like him but Jedi storyline is a snoozefest so far and I'm afraid he's gonna make my Jug look bad by being an equivalent tank and a much better DPS.

8 Smuggler....awesome storyline but the mechanics are driving me nuts.

I suppose I could play a Sentinel or Guardian. At least I know they won't make my Juggernaut look bad.....

;)

I already went Republic.

I'd recommend Jedi Sage if you want to do stuff.

I wanted to go republic from the get go because I had a hunch that the wow-effect was going to flip. Everyone rolled alliance because it was "cool" and the horde was more concentrated as a hardcore player base (at least on the 2 servers i played).

I have 6 or 7 friends on my server who are playing sith. i'll finish my sith off and play with them, but i'm getting ready to roll an alt and smuggler isi lookin pretty awesome.

i would like to know the answer to taht... and btw this is the most creative topic ive seen ALL day! im not even joking. I actually wanna know who is gonna have a change of heart and help us out? great thread.

I will never play Empire but I won't play something so unbalanced.

I'm not officially quitting but at the same time I am taking a month or two off so I can see what BioWare plans to do with this problem. I really LOVE this game but it just isn't playable at the moment...

Population is the biggest problem but the lack of healing incentives really ruins healing in PvP ATM.

Edited by Saviorofcamelot

I want to do this, well...

I already started out Republic, but on a RP server.

I'd like to roll on the most populated PVP server as a Republic.

Which server needs to most help? Which server has the worst ratio?

I've heard 'The Fatman' thrown around before.

Of course, it'd need to be EAST and PVP.

I like to become a Jedi, but i have PvP gear, 1.2 mil credits and 5 weeks work in my char.

i not gonna reroll to republic without a convert, or some sort of compensation.

also like to add, the ship designs of republic's are really really ugly.

Put up a weak item to auction with your Republic character and price it at 1.2 mil credits.

Purchase with Imp.

Rich newbie.