Leveling is WAY to fast!!!

JMustang

First off, I love this game! It is an amazing game and I will be hooked on it for a very long time. However, my only major concern is that the leveling is WAY to fast. This causes a handful of problems.

1. Servers had level 50's in the first month after launch. A friend of mine went from lvl 49 to 50 in a single day! So in theory, you can lvl all 8 classes in 8 months and you played the entire game!

2. Guilds are falling apart. I am in a guild now where people get to 50 and start a character somewhere else because there is nothing left to do until the next expansion pack. Since there are no type of guild perks then there's no reason for themt to stay.

3. The speed of leveling effects the AH and other in game activities. For instance, why bother buying something in the AH when its going to be obsolete in a week anyways? Or I will get an amazing drop in a flashpoint?

I'm just concerned because it seems that replayability is very limited. I really hate to compare this to other MMO's, but these MMO's that remain nameless took months and months of playing to get through levels. I was never able to get to the highest level because by the time I got close another expansion came out which gave me more reason to play. Is BIOWARE going to address this issue??? I really hope so. At least I don't have to fight level 50's in PVP anymore... :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post like this ruin the game,

they slowed down exp gains this patch i believe.

it caused me to unsub this morning

while the rest of the MMOG world is reducing the grind, this game thinks its "grind" is fun, and is RAISING IT

:(

this thread fails to impress

2. Guilds are falling apart. I am in a guild now where people get to 50 and start a character somewhere else because there is nothing left to do until the next expansion pack. Since there are no type of guild perks then there's no reason for themt to stay.)

Let me get this straight, guilds are falling apart because levelling is too fast?? That's a good one :) And here is the real problem - you don't have a life outside the game, that much is obvious.

My highest char is 39 and I can't wait to be 50, do not listen to this guy.

Edited by DashFiss

Leveling is horribly slow, you spend half the time spamming space and running to each mission point (Until 25 where you bike to each mission point...but they make you run further so it doesnt really matter) quests are --extremely-- repetitive and the only interesting and compelling gameplay for non 50s are the class quests... Edited by Leymonz

First off, I love this game! It is an amazing game and I will be hooked on it for a very long time. However, my only major concern is that the leveling is WAY to fast. This causes a handful of problems.

1. Servers had level 50's in the first month after launch. A friend of mine went from lvl 49 to 50 in a single day! So in theory, you can lvl all 8 classes in 8 months and you played the entire game!

2. Guilds are falling apart. I am in a guild now where people get to 50 and start a character somewhere else because there is nothing left to do until the next expansion pack. Since there are no type of guild perks then there's no reason for themt to stay.

3. The speed of leveling effects the AH and other in game activities. For instance, why bother buying something in the AH when its going to be obsolete in a week anyways? Or I will get an amazing drop in a flashpoint?

I'm just concerned because it seems that replayability is very limited. I really hate to compare this to other MMO's, but these MMO's that remain nameless took months and months of playing to get through levels. I was never able to get to the highest level because by the time I got close another expansion came out which gave me more reason to play. Is BIOWARE going to address this issue??? I really hope so. At least I don't have to fight level 50's in PVP anymore... :)

1. Seriously people need to learn to get a life and stop power gaming through games - same thing happens at the launch of -every- MMO. Yes it even happened in WoW.

2. Guilds are for raids, in this case operations. If they are falling apart the guild leaders are not doing their jobs in organizing these things.

3. Again. Normal for an MMO. Low end items are rarely of much value on action houses other then to people who want to tweak alts before they start playing them. In saying that, the rarer purple items I have found last my character for many levels before any green or blue items can replace them.

I am in no way a power leveler, far from it in fact. I started on 12/20, no early access, and I'm leveling to fast. I got to level 30 last week playing a few hours a day. I was getting bored really. Took a break, started a new character, skipped all of Taris accept class story line and my new toon is level 20. Leveling is way to fast. I don't want a grind but I don't want to be done in two or three months either.

I completely disagree. It took me 5 days and 12 hours of /played to hit level 50. A majority of my 200 person guild is still in their 40's.

On my alt I have 24 hours player and I'm mid level 20's. The leveling speed is fine.

I completely disagree. It took me 5 days and 12 hours of /played to hit level 50. A majority of my 200 person guild is still in their 40's.

On my alt I have 24 hours player and I'm mid level 20's. The leveling speed is fine.

Agreed. Those of us who work for a living find the pace to be perfect. I'm playing the game practically every free moment I have, so I should be leveling, but I want time to enjoy the planets and quests and story as I go. I *just* hit 40, and the timing feels perfect. I always want to know what will happen next because the story is gripping, but I don't worry I'm not leveling fast enough because I'm not racing to 50, I'm enjoying the story.

If its too fast for you, you probably have too much free time. I'd suggest creating multiple characters. :)

Agreed - leveling is a bit too fast. My friend and I duo a bit, and we do all the quests, and the flashpoints as well as the 2+ and 4+ content. We're constantly a few levels above the rated level for the planets, but at the same time we're content junkies so we do all of the quests, even if we're fairly over-leveled for it.

I think BW wanted to avoid the other situation which would cause a lot of angry hamster whining on the forums, the dreaded, "I did all the quests but have to grind mobs to get my next level" complaint that other MMO's like Aion hit.

Will you level my toon then cause Im only lvl 36 and started on day 3 of early access. Thanks.

Funny how to get to 50 is about 4 days (96 hours) solo. This is fast by the way...

Assuming it takes 96 hours, that is 4 days playing 24/hours a day. If you only have 2 hours a day to play then it is 48 days to get to 50. Is that too fast?

post like this ruin the game,

they slowed down exp gains this patch i believe.

it caused me to unsub this morning

while the rest of the MMOG world is reducing the grind, this game thinks its "grind" is fun, and is RAISING IT

:(

this thread fails to impress

Grind? lol I hit 50 in 3 weeks. That sure was a long grind lol. Kid you don't know the meaning of the word grind.

The rest of the MMO world is catering to boring lazy fast food type video game consumers. It's what ruined world of warcraft. Consumers demanded it turn into the McDonalds of MMOs. No challenge, everything is RIGHT NOW! , Dungeons became straight shots with a boss at every turn, no need for a world environment because you could insta warp to every important location. No need to read quests or get immersed in anything, or know anything about the lore or the story. Epic level loot handed out like candy cause I WANTZ MY PURPLEZ!

Been playing since 2nd day of early game access almost daily for several hours. I'm at 44 on my one character. I have done all the quests, heroics once and flashpoints once, very little PVP so far and 0 space missions. If I had done those 2 also, the leveling pace would be much faster I expect. That seems too fast. My main issue though is that I'm leveling past the next planets before I get to them.

There was a suggestion someone made some time ago about letting people have the option to level lock themselves to the max level of the planet they are in so they don't gray out the next. I really like that suggestion as it lets power levelers do their thing and those of us that want to take in all sights and smell the roses do so without graying out the next planet's quests.

Would also love to see a PVE difficulty option in the preferences that effectively reduces or increases your level or stats so we can adjust our game play accordingly.