Roughly how many people play the game now?

Netsurfer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahahahaha.

Vocal minority being minor and vocal.

^ This.

Interestingly, in my guild of 24 players, everyone has subscribed. In fact, based on guild chat, everyone is pretty happy with the game. Also interestingly, I am the only one who even reads these forums (and only do so when I can't be playing because I'm not at home).

The holidays are over. Winter vacation is over. People are going back to their lives. I have to go back to college on the 30th and won't resub only because of that. Sure I can play the game when I have free time but I take my work very seriously. In a few months I'll be back on to see what the state of the game is and maybe then I'll resub. Edited by AltusImperator

Besides, within the MMO Media Industry and MMO Companies, it is common knowledge that forum posters are a very small fraction of the over-all player base. Most players of MMOs just simply do not post or read the related forums on a regular basis and post far less.

It's also known that the forums for AoC and Warhammer online were a good measure of their problems. SWTOR has more to offer than those games, but dismissing angry customers isn't a solid plan.

• 2 months later...
I am one that just unsubscribed today also. I played beta for close to a year and really enjoyed it but I am not gonna spend money nor put in the time on a game which is much less enjoyable to me than it was.

so you could be counted as sort of "parasite", you played 1 year for free and now you just leave, because it would cost you money? i cant say you will be missed.

Edited by BatLB

Lol dude youre quoting a 2month old post

It is amusing to see those haters being incredibly wrong though, so I suggest we memorize their names and never take them serious again :p

Edited by Gokkus

Lol dude youre quoting a 2month old post

sad enough that so less people are active posting in the general forums.

a thread with an 2 month old post on the last site on the first discussion board site seems confusing. but yeah, i didnt check it, my bad.

I understand the PvP community's plight and hope they resolve this for you all very soon.

I for one do not PvP and have no desire to, PvP is not what drew me to an RPG MMO anyway. So, this issue has no impact on me and will not change my mind about continuing to stay subscribed.

Besides, within the MMO Media Industry and MMO Companies, it is common knowledge that forum posters are a very small fraction of the over-all player base. Most players of MMOs just simply do not post or read the related forums on a regular basis and post far less.

About 20% of the total game popeulation even ome to the forums after account creation, is the average is what research has shown..

My speculation on the population was 1.7 million (according to Ea) figure now 1.2 million, after 1.2 back to 1.5 million, just like most threads this post is based on a little facts and a whole lot of useless speculation, like 99% of the these forums..:)

Well, with all the people unsubbing because they don't see a million plus online everytime they log in, i would imagine less then a million giving us around 100 000-150 000 concurrent users (players on at once) which would give us around 230-350 per faction per server

if you listen to the people here, you will think only about 27 people worldwide still have an active account.

Yep it's so funny going back and looking at some of the predictions on the first couple of pages that were written back in January.

30-40% left!!!

Mass Exodus!!!!

F2P by Febuary!!!!!!

Here we are the Third month with 1.7 mil or more.

Yeah Yeah I know there is only 800 subs and it is already F2P. :rolleyes:

Well, fact of the matter is not the amount of subs they have, its that they are too spread out to mean a thing. Or even they can't motivate players to really play lol. Dead servers are dead server bro, no matter how many players they claim they still have, if they don't play server is still dead.

• 2 months later...

Well I am playing Trask Ulgo server right now. I am seriously doubting to leave this server and try another one now that character transfer is free at this moment of typing (some add from SWTOR in my e-mail said so). I am trying this transfer prior before quitting the game. Which I was actually about to do until someone gave me a 60 day game card for my birthday.....So I'll give it one more attempt to impress me.

On every planet that I am on, maybe..........MAYBE atmost 10 are on the same planet since the past like month, two months. I haven't encountered any other player other than on board the Republic Fleet Space Station. Unless you are into PvP, the whole RP section in the game is dead. And that is why I went for this game. With SWG ending just to feed these servers, I do miss SWG...................

But a big part is, I get bored to death IN this game. You have no one to play with cause simply no one is there. Like I said, the past months have been like 10 people AT MOST, per PLANET!!!!!

I play mornings, afternoons, evenings, nights (no I'm not a game junkie playing 24/7, I work highly irregular shifts so get to be on irregularly times ;) ) but no matter when I play, the game (or at least this server) is pretty much deserted. If I look at the overall server list, everything is like LIGHT GREEN populated :( Maybe one or two STANDARD YELLOW servers. I've witnessed only two servers PvP that were full. The other like 50 globalwise servers are just that. Either green (95%) or yellow (the other 5%) Makes me wonder if people still like the game.

I have to be honest, the game does not really (or at least that's my experience on the server I'm on) invite you to do roleplay. You can't really interact with the surroundings or carry multiple people in a vehicle or get them on a spaceship and do interactive things there, like you could do with Star Wars Galaxies. So what's the point of RP if you can't RP.

So I am going to give this game another 60 days, or until I truly bore out and can't help it no more but just quit it. I'm only staying right now cause someone was nice enough to give me a 60 day game card for my birthday and did not want to see it refunded. If it wasn't for that.............I would have quit by now to be honest :eek: and to be honest, I think I have to disappoint my friend for this nice gesture of a gift, but one that was totally useless.

Edited by Andreetjuh
Adding more stuff to it that's important