The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I certainly am not very appreciative of the new changes to the Ilum Dailies.

I can appreciate WHY they were done, and acknowledge that yes, in fact, something needed to be done about the win trading. I think these changes were a step in the right direction, but a step too far.

I think that the number of crates which spawn are too few, and the number of required kills/crates are too many.

I think a more moderate number, such as 10-15 kills a day for the daily, and 50-75 kills for the weekly would be MUCH more approriate.

I discussed this with the raids I was doing the daily with, and over the 3 HOURS it took most of us to complete our daily, due to a low republic population and inability to locate crates. We agreed that the requirements for the new quest were far too high.

Played just about every PvP MMO since Ultima Online and I can say for sure that SWTOR just won the crown with this patch ...

how many development years for this? you just destroyed it all in few hours !

congratulation ! this day was supposed to be about SOPA protest and you made it about death of SWTOR

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

See? Let them fix it. All of the "IMA QUIT" players will feel worse in the morning when they realize Ilum was hotfixed and they unsubbed for nothing.

Jeesus...people just jump to conclusions so fast. The game is out a month and people already know its fate with 100% certainty, know that the game is terrible, quit because some patch messed up PVP in one world...

Do you guys know how juvenile you sound?

Do you honestly think that Bioware wasnt aware of this after they released the patch? Do you really think they would allow this to continue? Let them do their jobs.

Appropriate damage control should include an explanation of how this change made it to the live servers.

If the developers did not anticipate the results of this patch it calls into question their ability to manage the game.

introducing this version of Ilum to the live servers has had a negative impact on the players' trust and confidence in the PvP developers.

I feel the exact same way. Totally unprofessional conduct on Bioware's end. Incompetence and inability.

Just one question, if anyone who abused this has the grit to answer ;) Why would anyone even participate in this type of thing? What do you gain. It's like a pro boxer boxing a 6 year old. Sure he'd kill the kid but to what end?

I'm just shocked that there are that many folks who actually think they achieved something when they were handed the achievements at no cost.

That should not be possible. The respawn area should be a safe location similar to Portal Keeps in DAoC. The cannons on a respawn should be invincible, see through stealth, and do AoE damage for 50k. You should also only respawn in a place that has a starport to exit if you feel like you don't want to continue.

Have the people that are "jerry mcguire" freaking out and cancelling actually logged in and witnessed turret farming? I'm not saying there are not issues, I just think it's foolish if people are cancelling off something they purely read online...

See? Let them fix it. All of the "IMA QUIT" players will feel worse in the morning when they realize Ilum was hotfixed and they unsubbed for nothing.

Jeesus...people just jump to conclusions so fast. The game is out a month and people already know its fate with 100% certainty, know that the game is terrible, quit because some patch messed up PVP in one world...

Do you guys know how juvenile you sound?

Do you honestly think that Bioware wasnt aware of this after they released the patch? Do you really think they would allow this to continue? Let them do their jobs.

Except they are allowing it to continue. Right now. Servers should be locked down or Ilum disabled while they "investigate".

It's really clear what's going on.

Just cancelled my sub. This game already has so many imbalances for sith compared to republic(turrest in alderan, population 4:1 on my server, instant abilities on sith compared to travel time/delayed abilities). This was the last straw, I'm tired of getting farmed in Ilum by 80+ sith when we have 20 in the zone max.

Perfect timing on this patch if you ask me, lets see how it gets fixed before the first billing sub cycle.

You have 1 day of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

Here is what you need to do to get me back in the game.

1 - Remove all Valor Gains today from everyone.

2 - Remove Valor Gains from killing players on ILUM.

3 - Remove Valor Gains from killing non players on ILUM.

4 - Change the Mechanics of ILUM to address server population differences. Something of of the tune of LIMITS for each faction numbers in the BATTLE for ILUM Areas.

5 - Make Objective Missions that will give you Valor that is only Doable every 15 mins. Make this LINE UP with what people will get if they did a WARZONE match.

Make the VALOR Grind Match up as close as possible in both PVP related functions, IE ILUM / Warzones...