Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

Not to be contrarian, but I am having no issues with the way that it is currently. I can see perfectly clearly when the cooldown is up and I know beforehand whether or not I have the requirements to use it as well. This change had made it easier for me personally to manage my skills.

So, I think it should be an option to turn on the gray box or not. Everyone likes options and this will satisfy people who think it works now and people that want it to work the old way.

I can work with it either way personally, but I do prefer the new implementation over the old.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be contrarian, but I am having no issues with the way that it is currently. I can see perfectly clearly when the cooldown is up and I know beforehand whether or not I have the requirements to use it as well. This change had made it easier for me personally to manage my skills.

So, I think it should be an option to turn on the gray box or not. Everyone likes options and this will satisfy people who think it works now and people that want it to work the old way.

I can work with it either way personally, but I do prefer the new implementation over the old.

based on this my guess is that the developer that implemented this plays your class or a similar one, and didn't take into acount how it would affect everyone else

In patch 1.1 the overlay on your abilities which showed when they were available to use or not was changed to an overlay that goes down to the bottom of the icon as it's cooldown comes up, but because the icon isn't "greyed out" anymore, a lot of the time it looks like you can click an ability that is on cooldown and use it, but you can't.

As a Jedi Sentinel I already spent half my time staring at all my cooldowns but now with this it's more like 99% of the time spent staring at my bars trying to decipher my next move because I can't just clearly see what is on cooldown or what is not, it's awful.

We want this change reverted to the way it was, which was PERFECTLY FINE. Why you even felt the need to change it in the first place is beyond me. I hope bioware don't think this is what we were talking about with regard to "ability delay", because that is a completely separate issue and the visual indications of when an ability is on cooldown or not had nothing to do with it, so in the end I really can't fathom why they changed it.

CHANGE IT BACK! I can't play like this -.-

Wait.....what?

On a side note, why do people make their problems sound like everyone is having the same problem? Has it occurred to the OP that the way it is now helps more people that it's hurt?

based on this my guess is that the developer that implemented this plays your class or a similar one, and didn't take into acount how it would affect everyone else

Except I just raided with your mirror in a marauder in EV and he undoubtedly led in dps and you can't do that with cool downs not working properly. Just because you are having an issue doesn't mean everyone is having said issue.

I do hope you get to enjoy the game soon however that may :D

YES! Please make it optional.

As a Knight/Watchman it has definitely slowed me down.

This class has a very high task load, with very little time to execute properly. With the hot key switching on or off I did not need to focus on the key to know its state. I could note its state change and not look directly at it. Now I have to focus on the key to see if the line has reached the bottom.

I haven't had any issues, but then again, I adapt pretty quickly.

Hopefully, sooner rather than later, Bioware puts in some more HUD customization options, so that people can stop complaining about minor crap.

That said, I preferred the pre-1.1 c/d display. I'm not sure what the rational was on the change, but I'm almost positive it was the result of an opposite complaint.

Wait.....what?

On a side note, why do people make their problems sound like everyone is having the same problem? Has it occurred to the OP that the way it is now helps more people that it's hurt?

The thing is, I don't recall any massive threads at all asking for this change. It seems like it came from out of the blue. Can anyone point me to the thread where this change was asked for by the community?

Lets say your in a warzone ok? you have the ball and the clock is ticking!

40 sec to go and your on your way to make a touchdown that will make you team win eeeh the superbowl! But on your way to victory you get jumepd by 4-6 guys trying to send you a quick trip to heaven or helll ( depends on your faction ).

Lots of AoE and lots of ppl jumping all around trying to make eachother bleed. In that situation you might be a little stressed out. Tell me, do you rly have that good of a time that you can put on your glasses and take a good peek on you hotbar to see if that 1 ability you need to use for getting that win is on cd or not when that ability is on a 8-1 cd ?

Because you definetly cant say " EY GUYS, STOP!! i just need to check something before we continue"

Claming that this ui/cd issnt a problem for you makes me wonder rly.. when you have you entire hotbar/quickbar's filled with abilitys/stims/medpacs and some or many abilities are on 10 sec cd or less, claiming you have all of those under controll in stressfull situasions is a bit too much for me :)

Except that this and all other complaints like it are total B.S. Firstly clicking the thing will let you know whether it is on CD or not. In your example situation, nothing changes if you KNOW it's on CD or not, either way, it either was or it wasn't, and you used it or you didn't. The only time KNOWING something is on CD or not matters is when it affects how you behaveas in, all my defensive CDs are up, so i can jump in and save someone where otherwise I wouldn't, and its not a situation where you can just click it, if it goes off, you jump in, if it doesn't you don't. Like a CD you have to use in the middle of the skirmish but you have to know its up before deciding to enter the skirmish. But this shouldn't affect the majority of your decisions.

While I do agree the current system is wrong, the previous system was MORE wrong. It should be that everything stays lit up, even while on GCD, except things that the requirements aren't met for using, i.e. they are on their own cd, or you don't have enough resources, those abilities should stay COMPLETELY grey until usable. But keep the GCD thing, and that all icons that are usable when GCD finishes stay lit up during GCD.

Am I crazy, because I don't seem to notice any difference. My CDs are greyed out and are slightly lighter when they come off CD.

Cheers.

You're not. They are just whining to whine for whining sake.

The patch wasn't perfect but it fixed many issues. Problem is these Bozo's really don't want things fixed. Most don't play TOR or ever intended to. Their soul purpose is to troll and try and degrade the game.

Am I crazy, because I don't seem to notice any difference. My CDs are greyed out and are slightly lighter when they come off CD.

Cheers.

I think it's worse on some classes due to the contrast of the icons to the CD timer bar (and better on others with higher contrast).

It's also better if your class/spec doesn't have many CDs to watch (currently I have 11 CDs running all the time, in every fight, with my main - that takes a fair bit of attention).

In patch 1.1 the overlay on your abilities which showed when they were available to use or not was changed to an overlay that goes down to the bottom of the icon as it's cooldown comes up, but because the icon isn't "greyed out" anymore, a lot of the time it looks like you can click an ability that is on cooldown and use it, but you can't.

As a Jedi Sentinel I already spent half my time staring at all my cooldowns but now with this it's more like 99% of the time spent staring at my bars trying to decipher my next move because I can't just clearly see what is on cooldown or what is not, it's awful.

We want this change reverted to the way it was, which was PERFECTLY FINE. Why you even felt the need to change it in the first place is beyond me. I hope bioware don't think this is what we were talking about with regard to "ability delay", because that is a completely separate issue and the visual indications of when an ability is on cooldown or not had nothing to do with it, so in the end I really can't fathom why they changed it.

CHANGE IT BACK! I can't play like this -.-

With all due respect, I think you've missed entirely the intent of the design. The problem with the original design was that you couldn't see if an Ability was On Cooldown, or if you just didn't have the Resources/Requirements to use it. The new system, not only let's you know if you have the Resources but also let's you know how much time is left on the Cooldown.

It is superior in every way, I really don't understand what the problem is...

You're not. They are just whining to whine for whining sake.

The patch wasn't perfect but it fixed many issues. Problem is these Bozo's really don't want things fixed. Most don't play TOR or ever intended to. Their soul purpose is to troll and try and degrade the game.

This change broke things for many classes and specs, it didn't fix anything really.

Whether the patch fix other things is utterly irrelevent...... this was a terrible change.

This change broke things for many classes and specs, it didn't fix anything really.

Whether the patch fix other things is utterly irrelevent...... this was a terrible change.

No, it fixed being able to see if you had the proper Resources/Requirements for an ability while it was still coming off Cooldown. It's actually quiet simple to understand.

With all due respect, I think you've missed entirely the intent of the design. The problem with the original design was that you couldn't see if an Ability was On Cooldown, or if you just didn't have the Resources/Requirements to use it. The new system, not only let's you know if you have the Resources but also let's you know how much time is left on the Cooldown.

Except you cannot easily see if an ability is actually "off CD" or just "nearly off CD", this is a vital difference.

In some cases it can easily look like an ability is off CD, but in reality it had a good 7+ seconds left before it its, just the timer bar has effectively merged with the bottom of the icon.

This is much, much worse than the orginal UI design, it's solved a minor problem only to create a major one.

It's not superior at all, I would explain, but at this point I just can't be bothered. if you can't see it while playing yourself you're just kidding yourself or living in denial, I don't know which it is but you're just wrong. sorry.

I like the new system much more than the old. I will say though that it needs to be tweaked slightly for skills with longer cool downs. Those do not seem to either scale properly, or else the bottom of the bar is really tough to see because of how low it is. I can see it mind you, but only if I'm totally paying attention.

No, it fixed being able to see if you had the proper Resources/Requirements for an ability while it was still coming off Cooldown. It's actually quiet simple to understand.

It was easy to see how much resource you had.

It's now nearly impossible to see if an ability (and it is impossible if you're watching 11 at once) is off a CD or just nearly off a CD.

This is a massive problem for classes that need to know when abilities are ready, and for tanking and PvP in general.

It fixed my Lag problem. I hardly ever get any lag now (with the same population - before you ask).

Cheers.

Except you cannot easily see if an ability is actually "off CD" or just "nearly off CD", this is a vital difference.

In some cases it can easily look like an ability is off CD, but in reality it had a good 7+ seconds left before it its, just the timer bar has effectively merged with the bottom of the icon.

This is much, much worse than the orginal UI design, it's solved a minor problem only to create a major one.

i'm gonna quote this in the OP because you put it very succintly.