Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still hasn't been fixed? I saw the patch notes and got excited :(

I thought it was bad on my Marauder, but I just rolled a Knight, and all the abilities' background colors are blue. That slight blue line is virtually indistinguishable. :mad:

"I'm not experiencing the problem, therefore one doesn't exist!"

I really hate people who post here.

Yeah plenty of that attitude and those who will defend the game to the death because they are so fanatical about it.

I have never had this problem so the game is working just fine.. Perhaps it's just your computer that's the problem. BioWare has created the best MMO in history and it's working perfectly. Perhaps you just need a little more practice or take your computer it to Geek Squad and let them fix it for you.

I have never had this problem so the game is working just fine.. Perhaps it's just your computer that's the problem. BioWare has created the best MMO in history and it's working perfectly. Perhaps you just need a little more practice or take your computer it to Geek Squad and let them fix it for you.

trolling

When I use abilities they go on cooldown as normal. A bar timer runs from top to bottom. Things above the bar light up like normal abilities off cooldown look. Things below the bar are transparent but blueish in color the same as the ui. If I can't use an ability due to cooldowns, range, or prerequisites (like reactive abilities) it remains darkened. If a reactive ability becomes available it lights up like normal.

I have no idea what issues other people are having, but everything works perfectly on my end.

When I use abilities they go on cooldown as normal. A bar timer runs from top to bottom. Things above the bar light up like normal abilities off cooldown look. Things below the bar are transparent but blueish in color the same as the ui. If I can't use an ability due to cooldowns, range, or prerequisites (like reactive abilities) it remains darkened. If a reactive ability becomes available it lights up like normal.

I have no idea what issues other people are having, but everything works perfectly on my end.

On longer CD abilities the blue bar morphs into the bottom blue frame (of the icon) and can be invisible, yet the ability can still have 10+ seconds of CD left.

So you can be pressing a button thinking it's off CD when actually you have a good 10 seconds to wait, now it might take you a few seconds to realise nothing is happening and then you might think "hmm lag?" before you realise what's going on, leaving you doing nothing for a while.

Things that make this worse are:

- PvP - you simply cannot mess around in PvP, 1 second is the difference winning and losing.

- The number of CDs you are monitoring in every fight (some classes have 11+ CD to watch in EVERY SINGLE FIGHT), the more you have the hard it is to spot this.

- The icons themselves, with some classes the colour and contrast of the icons makes the timer bar even hard to see, especially when at the bottom of the frame.

I'm amazed this hasn't been fixed yet, I really did expect a hotfix the night 1.1 came out... in past mmos I have played a patch that screws something up is no big deal, hotfixed in a day or so and it's over.... I had assumed that it would be fixed with the patch today.... but no.

I don't even know what to say to this... such a basic part of mmo design and it is completely screwed up with no plans to fix it.

We hear your feedback and are working on adjustments to increase the readability of the cooldown UI in an upcoming patch.

-- Georg

Why fix what wasn't broken? just put it back to pre 1.1

Edited by Iggith

I'm amazed this hasn't been fixed yet, I really did expect a hotfix the night 1.1 came out... in past mmos I have played a patch that screws something up is no big deal, hotfixed in a day or so and it's over.... I had assumed that it would fixed with the patch today.... but no.

I don't even know what to say to this... such a basic part of mmo design and it is completely screwed up with no plans to fix it.

I just feel so..defeated. posts like yours are numerous and sum up the problem perfectly, not just on this issue but many other issues the game has. I just don't know what else to say on them, bioware isn't doing anything about them, are they just abandoning the game or something? it's like, they spend years developing this game, and then it comes out and their after-support is just abysmal, are all the interns doing all the work or something?

On longer CD abilities the blue bar morphs into the bottom blue frame (of the icon) and can be invisible, yet the ability can still have 10+ seconds of CD left.

So you can be pressing a button thinking it's off CD when actually you have a good 10 seconds to wait, now it might take you a few seconds to realise nothing is happening and then you might think "hmm lag?" before you realise what's going on, leaving you doing nothing for a while.

Things that make this worse are:

- PvP - you simply cannot mess around in PvP, 1 second is the difference winning and losing.

- The number of CDs you are monitoring in every fight (some classes have 11+ CD to watch in EVERY SINGLE FIGHT), the more you have the hard it is to spot this.

- The icons themselves, with some classes the colour and contrast of the icons makes the timer bar even hard to see, especially when at the bottom of the frame.

I get that specific complaint. I deal with a lot of moderate (45 seconds to 90 second) cooldowns on my Marauder and I don't have a problem. I guess that depends on how good someone is at judging time on multiple abilities cooling down. I typically mouseover abilities and keep track of it in my head as to where they are from one fight to the next. For short cooldowns, 20 seconds or less, it's really a moot issue. I'm not arguing from the perspective of someone who doesn't want an improvement. By all means, add a number countdown. I won't have to mouseover abilities and keep tabs on them as I do now. Not everyone is comfortable with this setup and anything to improve gameplay for people is great. I'm just making the point that I don't see a horrendous issue with the way it is currently, in particular the, "omg I can't play! wth is this! this is terrible!" crowd. Being hyperbolic about the situation is silly.

I get that specific complaint. I deal with a lot of moderate (45 seconds to 90 second) cooldowns on my Marauder and I don't have a problem. I guess that depends on how good someone is at judging time on multiple abilities cooling down. I typically mouseover abilities and keep track of it in my head as to where they are from one fight to the next. For short cooldowns, 20 seconds or less, it's really a moot issue. I'm not arguing from the perspective of someone who doesn't want an improvement. By all means, add a number countdown. I won't have to mouseover abilities and keep tabs on them as I do now. Not everyone is comfortable with this setup and anything to improve gameplay for people is great. I'm just making the point that I don't see a horrendous issue with the way it is currently, in particular the, "omg I can't play! wth is this! this is terrible!" crowd. Being hyperbolic about the situation is silly.

If you can mouse over every CD and keep an exact mental count of 11+ CDs all the time AND keep an eye on mobs and player around you whilst keeping up your movement and positioning........ well you won't have a problem.

However for everyone that isn't a superhuman cybernetically enhanced MMO machine, like yourself, there is a problem. :p

If you can mouse over every CD and keep an exact mental count of 11+ CDs all the time AND keep an eye on mobs and player around you whilst keeping up your movement and positioning........ well you won't have a problem.

However for everyone that isn't a superhuman cybernetically enhanced MMO machine, like yourself, there is a problem. :p

What 11+ cooldowns are you talking about? Anything that has a cooldown less than 20 seconds it's easy to quickly glance at the bar and know whether or not it's ready. I'd go so far as to say it's exactly the same as any other possible system they could do for abilities. If you don't want to have to look at your action bars at all, well I don't know what to tell you. If it's something that the bar is hard to tell whether or not it's gone or just at the very bottom of the ability (which requires rather long long cooldowns) and it's not easily discernable as to whether or not the ability is ready yet, then sure. But I'm not aware of any class in the game that has that many cooldowns abilities that are on that long of a cooldown.

Perhaps different abilities are reacting differently. I've read some that say that abilities are lighting up when their target isn't in range. I haven't seen anything that functions that way. I have some abilities that are lit up like they're ready when I have no target selected, but they immediately darken if I select a target not in range. It's also possible that there are some graphical issues with the new cooldown that not everyone is experiencing.

After your last response though, I tend to get the impression you're just being melodramatic. I doubt you have issues keeping track of 11 abilities on varying cooldowns unless you haven't ever played mmo's before. Please feel free to list the 11+ abilities you have problems keeping track of.

I typically mouseover abilities and keep track of it in my head

Try using only hot keys and tell us your new results. Please! :p

And how about this:

(source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=254544)

Dude, seriously, it's not funny...

Edited by Glower

What 11+ cooldowns are you talking about? Anything that has a cooldown less than 20 seconds it's easy to quickly glance at the bar and know whether or not it's ready. I'd go so far as to say it's exactly the same as any other possible system they could do for abilities. If you don't want to have to look at your action bars at all, well I don't know what to tell you. If it's something that the bar is hard to tell whether or not it's gone or just at the very bottom of the ability (which requires rather long long cooldowns) and it's not easily discernable as to whether or not the ability is ready yet, then sure. But I'm not aware of any class in the game that has that many cooldowns abilities that are on that long of a cooldown.

Perhaps different abilities are reacting differently. I've read some that say that abilities are lighting up when their target isn't in range. I haven't seen anything that functions that way. I have some abilities that are lit up like they're ready when I have no target selected, but they immediately darken if I select a target not in range. It's also possible that there are some graphical issues with the new cooldown that not everyone is experiencing.

After your last response though, I tend to get the impression you're just being melodramatic. I doubt you have issues keeping track of 11 abilities on varying cooldowns unless you haven't ever played mmo's before. Please feel free to list the 11+ abilities you have problems keeping track of.

Personally on my main I have 11 CDs to montior in every single fight that are always going (plus situationals).

More than that 4 of them have to be used in specific order but have very different CD lenghts.

On top of that I'm watching for agro (both in PvE and PvP) on my squishes and mob placement.

Before the UI change I was at 100% efficency, because I kept an eye on my action point bar and knew if I had enough for any ability or not.

But what I can't do now (and I don't see how anyone can) is do all that and know exactly when the abilties are coming off CD with the new system.

I can't mouse-look over them all constantly because I'm always using my mouse to look around at the situation (abilities are all keybound for activation) and throw an odd taunt. guard or attack when needed.

You say you can, fair enough, but frankly you are amazing, everyone not quite so amazing is having problems.

Edited by Goretzu