HORRIBLE AA implamentation.

GuillimanT

You can't play this game without it, the trees, character outlines, enviroment all have jaggy edges and in some cases an apparent white outline. If you want to hurt your eyes then sure you could play this game without it. Really hurt my eyes? Really!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually you can play the game fine without it. I have been running the game fine since launch without it nor did i force it and i have not had any issues with any jaggy edges. or white outlines. I have seen screen shots that had this issue so i can understand your problems.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually you can play the game fine without it.

Incorrect statement, never presume to speak for anyone else.

The game is very much in need of AA, much more so than some other Bioware games such as ME. It's almost as bad as WAR.

Also, there are many examples of spots where meshes or textures don't quite match up - resulting in white lines or dots in the graphics. That too can be hidden by AA.

um the average human eyes and brain can not comprehend anything above 40 fps.

Yeah, just no.

People can appreciate well into the hundreds of FPS, it's just that particular motions or sequences that gets interpreted smoother than they actually are by the human brain.

Which is why movies, which are usually 24/25 FPS, use special motion blur to mitigate the low framerate and why motion interpolation techniques used on modern TVs usually make such content feel 'wrong'.

LOL, "High" sets AA to 1x, which may as well be off. Have they never heard of FXAA? This is 2012 right?

As my computer can handle a forced 8xAA, this is just sad. If your computer can't handle higher settings, or you don't care about people wanting the option to up the quality, then stop hating and make a new thread where you can praise BW for.... I don't even know what.

You people are dense. The reason they removed the AA was because it put unnecessary strain on peoples machines.

You got your wish now, you don't have the right to whine.

Thank u someone who actually is smart. These people are dense the game was fine without an AA system there was no lag, at least for me but the whiners have taken control and now its gonna ruin the game. such a shame really i had such high hopes for this game update. But im starting to question whether bioware knows what there doin. its almost like they want people to go spend 1500 dollars on a system to play there game

I'm quiet sure a great many people notice frames above 40fps. I certainly do.

The human eye cannot register anything over 24 fps, so 25 and 90 look the same that is a fact.

Graphics do not run at a constant frame rate and some times dip below the mark and this is then picked up by the human eye.

I think TVs run at 24 or 25 and are constant, you dont see any fps issue there.

Edited by Vultureskull

Also what most people fail to understand, such as myself :p is that this game is actually graphically breathtaking. It does require some computer power. I actually bought a new computer a month ago but it ran well on my old machine aswell.

The problem as I see it is "the good old" people not knowing what to tweak in order to have the game running in working condition.

The human eye cannot register anything over 24 fps, so 25 and 90 look the same that is a fact.

Graphics do not run at a constant frame rate and some times dip below the mark and this is then picked up by the human eye.

No that is NOT a fact when it concerns playing a video game. Its an old myth that almost everyone else realised wasnt true a long time ago.

and this ...

Thank u someone who actually is smart. These people are dense the game was fine without an AA system there was no lag, at least for me but the whiners have taken control and now its gonna ruin the game. such a shame really i had such high hopes for this game update. But im starting to question whether bioware knows what there doin. its almost like they want people to go spend 1500 dollars on a system to play there game

wow. If your pc cant handle AA then turn it off. Amazing I know but sometimes you gotta get crazy to get results!

I looked in the Graphics settings last night and wasn't able to locate the AA settings.

Geforce 550 GTX user here, where is the setting located?

Its located in the graphics section under advanced.

And for shadow guy a couple of posts up. It doesnt do anything to shadows at all so try looking at something else to determine if its working. Straight lines like the edges of buildings or stairs are most noticeable.

The ingame AA is a joke.

Disable that and use these settings instead (for nividia)

http://i.imgur.com/XEJ8K.png

Avoid forms of FSAA like SSAA atm. The game engine is too poorly optimised and we don't have a AA compatability bit profile good enough to get rid of the Blur. As well as shimmering and screen edge glow, animation jitter. 2xSSAA will also tank your frame rate from 111 to an inconsistent 30-60 depending where you are.

I'll say it again, as much as I would love to be using a combined 4xSSAA + 4xMSAA and smooth out the bits edge detect misses such as fine lines on grooves on your gear. But just don't go there atm. Unless you are blind enough to not notice the soft blurr.

AVOID super sampling for now.

Use the settings I have provided in the image (set transparency to 2xsupersampling if you want)

(also avoid dedicated sli MSAA, 2x 8xMSAA(=16xQ AA) overlay looks nice but trips out on animations and cutscenes.)

Works fine for me.

i5 2500K Stock

GTX 570

8GB GSkill RipJaw 1337

80GB Intel 320 SSD

Have V-Sync on all the time, so couldn't tell you how much above 60FPS I get. I've had AA forced on since I startes. So long as holos show up now and trees don' act funny in cut scenes, I'm fine with this patch.

AHA! Finally someone else who felt my pain, yeah I'm happy about special fx showing up in cutscenes again. Same thing happened to be when I forced AA through the ini file.

I noticed a positive difference in my graphics quality. Unfortunately my framerate dropped significantly since patch 1.1. I haven't had much time to muck around with it, but I'm hoping it's resolved soon. Seems many people are experiencing the same problem.

More than 20 appear to be actual motion instead of really fast slide show. However the eye/brain can detect changes between say 30 and 60 with one looking more clear than the other. Both still look like motion, but one looks better.

After turning on AA in game, I noticed zero difference in frame rates, or change to the graphics at all after trying multiple different scenarios and locations. So I'm guessing that the setting is there, but AA is not working still.

I5-2500k

6950 2gb

Edited by Cyclonus

Because IT'S NOT IN. They lied...again. There is no AA.

Your post is not truthful. Not only is AA in the game, for many people (such as myself) it works fine, producing a visible improvement at each level (2x & 4x) of Anti-Aliasing, with little drop in FPS.

Some people are having problems, chances are a good percentage of them need to update their video drivers.

Actually, that's complete and utter bs.

The human eye is capable of registering far, far higher framerates than what any of us gets in the game. It's just more, or less, sensitive for particular forms of movement and motion.

Which is how movies get away with running 24/25 FPS, by making the most of that motion.

Most people can distinguish significant differences between 120 and 60 FPS, let alone 60 and 25.

Some people are having problems, chances are a good percentage of them need to update their video drivers.

Incorrect, the non-functional AA on 6900 cards is not fixed by any of the latter driver releases. Certainly, an upcoming driver might fix this issue but that's not the case for any currently available release.

Actually there are studies involving air-force pilots which prove that the human eye can actually tell the difference but that your average person usually cannot tell the difference.

That's why movies are only at 24 fps and animated video can run even lower.