"most experienced PvP developers" really BW?

FinalFortune

PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/what%E2%80%99s-next-old-republic

Ohh and the part about illum is even more hilarious :D

hahahahahaha your killing me here BW, ill give you a little hint here. People lie on their resumes ;) guess you did not know that part.

Edited by FinalFortune

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/what%E2%80%99s-next-old-republic

Ohh and the part about illum is even more better:D

hahahahahaha your killing me here BW, ill give you a littel hint here. People lie on ther resumes ;) guess you did not know that part.

They didn't lie.

When I got to Ilum, I was definitely blown away by what I saw on the open world PVP planet. Blown. Away.

Too bad the world's best pvp devs are usually the world's worst pvpers.

Devs still can't wrap their head around the notion that npcs in pvp zones are stupid and having a bunch of background fx going on during pvp equals unsolvable lag issues (this is more of a general statement and not about SWTOR in particular, though that last part does apply to Ilum).

I guess devs are like doctors. They get this weird god complex and just cannot accept being wrong about things.

Well they took people from Mythic that failed to copy DAOC (which by the way wasn't developed by them) in WAR. Now they continue the fail in another mmo for another fat salary.

It boggles my mind that people responsible for bright wizards and warrior priest found another pvp related job so fast.

I don't understand what's wrong with the PVP other than lack of content, but the game is fairly new and they're going to add new content to that part of the game fairly soon I hear.

IMO, I think the OP is just butt hurt because he keeps dying.

This game is not new....it just came out. This game has been in development since the Dinosaurs roamed. Simple issues like some of the ones dealing with PvP gear system, PvP in general etc...is remedial. It should have been fixed before the game launched. Let's just keep it real, the majority of the money spent on this game went into the voice actors pockets. lol

OP, it would be great if you could post here some (not all of them please, I'm sure those would be too many to list) of the amazing accomplishments of the PvP Dev team.

Some title? Some great PvP feature one of them came up with in other games? A PvP-ish design/mechanic any one of them "invented"? What did they accomplish to earn them the title of "some of the best PvP Developers in the world"?

I lie less about my **** size, than those guys did in their resume.

OP, it would be great if you could post here some (not all of them please, I'm sure those would be too many to list) of the amazing accomplishments of the PvP Dev team.

Some title? Some great PvP feature one of them came up with in other games? A PvP-ish design/mechanic any one of them "invented"? What did they accomplish to earn them the title of "some of the best PvP Developers in the world"?

I lie less about my **** size, than those guys did in their resume.

How about designing a PvP which more people play right from the start than the rest of "true pvp mmos" combined?

Seriously, if PvP here was this bad, you woudnt be there playing it. I play mainly for PvP since UO times, and i have to say SWTOR PvP is great, especially considering its just released. I dont remember any game that had PvP system without issues on release, or for that point - even now.

People complaining about SWTOR pvp as if it was some abomination, clearly miss a point for reference. Point me at a game that has better pvp of similar style without major issues (GW is exception) - each and every game is plagued by the same problems.

Class imbalance? Everywhere, and surprise - it will STAY for as long the game exists, with constant changes and tweaks. Such thing as "perfect balance" in class based PvP is unexistant.

Lack of open world meaningfull pvp? Most themepark games dont have open world PvP at all, or its implemented just as bad. The game that have great open world PvP are designed completely differently - and you should be playing Darkfall not SWTOR if thats what you expect.

Performance in PvP? Surprise, its actually quite good. I wish you seen the lags and framerate in mass matches of other games.

They even got PvP equipment and progression right from start! AoC players had to wait year for that in marketed as "pvp" MMO!

Baseline, you play it if its still fun. So far it is for a lot of people. "a lot" is a little understatement considering nature of game like SWTOR - seriously, no one expected this tittle to attract so many people for PvP - most players play such games for PvE and Raiding only. The fact PvP in SWTOR attracts so much attention says they did it right.

That said? Who are the people complaining on forums?

WoW "elite pvpers"? Those should shut up and sew their mouth off - its like Golf players trying to compete in martial arts contests.

Korean grinders massive pvp bot and clicker crowd? Those had some nice combat from stratagical point, but the combat itself is of no good reference for anything - practically every game had unexistant balance and irrelevant player skill in encounters.

REAL "sandbox full loot warfare" pvpers? Well, it was clear from you from begining that this game is a WoW clone and you shoudnt expect much from it. As long as you get fun from PvP here as you do from say Team Fortress 2 matches, thats max you`ll get and its fine.

Seriously, the only game i remember having half deccent PvP at start was GW (and even it had its problems). SWTOR is basically WAR clone without factions (not DAOC clone mind you, and ignore the people saying DAOC PvP was perfect - you would be crying your tears and cursing devs if you had to play it now. Stun mechanics, class balance, world pvp - DAOC is like an example from others to learn what mistakes to awoid).

Dont like SWTOR PvP? Dont play. Easy as that. Its good for what it is, and i predict it will get only better. I personally cant wait for capitol ships sieges, but Illum world pvp expects to be fun as well (for people playing in guilds and meaningful server community).

How about designing a PvP which more people play right from the start than the rest of "true pvp mmos" combined?

Seriously, if PvP here was this bad, you woudnt be there playing it. I play mainly for PvP since UO times, and i have to say SWTOR PvP is great, especially considering its just released. I dont remember any game that had PvP system without issues on release, or for that point - even now.

People complaining about SWTOR pvp as if it was some abomination, clearly miss a point for reference. Point me at a game that has better pvp of similar style without major issues (GW is exception) - each and every game is plagued by the same problems.

Class imbalance? Everywhere, and surprise - it will STAY for as long the game exists, with constant changes and tweaks. Such thing as "perfect balance" in class based PvP is unexistant.

Lack of open world meaningfull pvp? Most themepark games dont have open world PvP at all, or its implemented just as bad. The game that have great open world PvP are designed completely differently - and you should be playing Darkfall not SWTOR if thats what you expect.

Performance in PvP? Surprise, its actually quite good. I wish you seen the lags and framerate in mass matches of other games.

They even got PvP equipment and progression right from start! AoC players had to wait year for that in marketed as "pvp" MMO!

Baseline, you play it if its still fun. So far it is for a lot of people. "a lot" is a little understatement considering nature of game like SWTOR - seriously, no one expected this tittle to attract so many people for PvP - most players play such games for PvE and Raiding only. The fact PvP in SWTOR attracts so much attention says they did it right.

WoW "elite pvpers"? Those should shut up and sew their mouth off - its like Golf players trying to compete in martial arts contests.

Korean grinders massive pvp bot and clicker crowd? Those had some nice combat from stratagical point, but the combat itself is of no good reference for anything - practically every game had unexistant balance and irrelevant player skill in encounters.

REAL "sandbox full loot warfare" pvpers? Well, it was clear from you from begining that this game is a WoW clone and you shoudnt expect much from it. As long as you get fun from PvP here as you do from say Team Fortress 2 matches, thats max you`ll get and its fine.

Seriously, the only game i remember having half deccent PvP at start was GW (and even it had its problems). SWTOR is basically WAR clone without factions (not DAOC clone mind you, and ignore the people saying DAOC PvP was perfect - you would be crying your tears and cursing devs if you had to play it now. Stun mechanics, class balance, world pvp - DAOC is like an example from others to learn what mistakes to awoid).

Dont like SWTOR PvP? Dont play. Easy as that. Its good for what it is, and i predict it will get only better. I personally cant wait for capitol ships sieges, but Illum world pvp expects to be fun as well (for people playing in guilds and meaningful server community).

How much does bioware pay you?

You are absolutely clueless....

You guys cry so much...

WAR had amazing PvP. I don't care what you think. And the open world stuff was really cool. The PvP in SWTOR is similar, but not quite up to that level yet... I hope that they work on it and bring it up to that level. I mean keep sieges, of course. :-D

I don't understand what's wrong with the PVP other than lack of content, but the game is fairly new and they're going to add new content to that part of the game fairly soon I hear.

IMO, I think the OP is just butt hurt because he keeps dying.

Amazing how the fanboys here will take up the white knight banner for any cause, no matter how ridiculous it makes them look. PvP in this game is a joke. To suggest otherwise is to be completely divorced from reality.

Well they took people from Mythic that failed to copy DAOC (which by the way wasn't developed by them) in WAR. Now they continue the fail in another mmo for another fat salary.

It boggles my mind that people responsible for bright wizards and warrior priest found another pvp related job so fast.

Exactly my thoughts.

Ilum is a bad joke and certainly doesn't invite to fights .- quite the opposite.

Also I think that modern mmos underestimate the role of a fun pvp element in their mmo with a kind of sandbox character like a frontier which can be moved. Oh dear, I used the evil "s" word!!!

You guys cry so much...

WAR had amazing PvP. I don't care what you think. And the open world stuff was really cool. The PvP in SWTOR is similar, but not quite up to that level yet... I hope that they work on it and bring it up to that level. I mean keep sieges, of course. :-D

The ideas were good, the implementation wasn't, as was balance. AoE which could eradicate whole warbands and "glass cannons" which could be made to steel-cannon-tactical-nuke-on-two-leg (Bright Wizards with guard and a pocket healer) was really bad game design.

Edited by Desgarden

Remove all the useless walkers/droids. Shrink the area down to a smaller size as it stands Illum is too big to promote good pvp. Remove the borked mechanic that promotes cooperation to get your "dailies". Perhaps add a pvp city on Illum for the opposing factions to fight for control over.

Just a few ideas from a guy who works on cars for a living. If a blue collar shlthead like me can come up with ideas like this What the fk are you paying these supposed pvp experts for?

All I am saying, is wait till Gw2 its released. You will see the difference between developers that actually seriously play their game as opposed to Bioware.

Bioware understood what they were releasing and did so any ways. I warned them. Others warned them. In their arrogance they thought they knew better.

I think Bioware is starting to believe they are infallible.

Amazing how the fanboys here will take up the white knight banner for any cause, no matter how ridiculous it makes them look. PvP in this game is a joke. To suggest otherwise is to be completely divorced from reality.

The PvP yes needs fixing, but Pvp is a secondary feature in a HEAVY PVE Story Based MMO, and there are by far more issues in the PvE content then the known and newly discovered issued in the PvP side, and to try to argue to fix a secondary feature while leaving the structural foundation in it's unbalanced state, is to be complete divorced from reality.

While you seem to be hintign at promoting a Third Reich March against BW because the Star Wars PvP isn't up to your perfection, and continue to insult and degrade others, by calling them "Fanboys," while you're a Fanboy as well.

Edited by RangKer

In my opinion the book is still out on Ilum. The zone seems entirely too large for the amount of people that generally inhabit it at the moment, so I think it will still be some time until it actually starts getting any use. The valor changes in 1.1 should help incentivize it some, but with the population numbers being what they are you can never be sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.