Sith Assasins - waste of space

audioedge

Hey all

does the Sith Assassin feel seriously underpowered to anyone else? I rarely do any major damage from stealth, I dont get close to some of those 300k WZ numbers (I even seen a lvl 21 BH get 150k in one WZ). Also kiting is a major problem as an assassin, Im usually forced to run away. Then theres the other problem of not getting out of combat, it seems to take an eternity.

Our stun from opening, Spike, we dont get till level 42 (?!). And it seems to have a weird animation which lifts the person, and hardly forces them down onto the ground. And having to go into a tanking tree for some utility seems stupid.

Dunno, maybe its just me but I feel massively underwhelmed by this class and am forced into mainly trying to knock people off bridges and into fires rather than 'assassinate' them.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all

does the Sith Assassin feel seriously underpowered to anyone else? I rarely do any major damage from stealth, I dont get close to some of those 300k WZ numbers (I even seen a lvl 21 BH get 150k in one WZ). Also kiting is a major problem as an assassin, Im usually forced to run away. Then theres the other problem of not getting out of combat, it seems to take an eternity.

Our stun from opening, Spike, we dont get till level 42 (?!). And it seems to have a weird animation which lifts the person, and hardly forces them down onto the ground. And having to go into a tanking tree for some utility seems stupid.

Dunno, maybe its just me but I feel massively underwhelmed by this class and am forced into mainly trying to knock people off bridges and into fires rather than 'assassinate' them.

ok ur doing something wrong, my SA friend is wackin out 400k damage easy a game with around 5-8k crits ...

Hey all

They are the best melee class in this game in group pvp.

You are doing it wrong. You will find other bad players who agree with you, it doesn't make you right.

:)

No they have most of the cool toys that seem to drive people crazy about the Sorc... They get 90% of the burst of the OP. Knock back's, speed, slows, stuns... combat stealth. Almost no power issues.

Having said that... don't judge a class until you have everything at level 50... no most classes don't get their best toys until the 35-50 range... all the classes are pretty much the same their. (Ok the sorc gets almost everything early... but they can't combo say healing and dmg until 50)

The Sin isn't the easiest class to play... that doesn't make it under powered. If you want easy role a Bounty Hunter... The sin can be a lot more fun though if you learn too do it right.

You just need better gear, i got owned and owned and owned until i started getting high expertise, also if you do not have the champion weapon do your belsavis and ilum dailies get your custom weapon upgraded as much as you can, you can upgrade a customer (orange) weapon to 500 damage with a hilt upgrade purchased from ilum. Then fill in the other slots with other epic mods/enhacements/crystal. Anyway i do not usually do 300k damage but that is because i choose to play a hybrid balance spec over infiltration so i can stop caps from a distance etc. As long as im getting my 10-12 medals a match thats all i care about for now :p And i have dominated the kill list on many occassions even though i may not be pumping out the most overall damage.

yes i totaly agree with you.

assasins/shadows are pretty poop they are heavily dependant on cooldowns to be any good at all and that means they are only fairly decent for the duration of those cooldowns.

they are far to squishy and lack the dps for it.

if you do see a assasin doing ok they are most likely lvl 50 in full pvp gear stacking pots and what not. any class is gonna seem stupidly OP with this.

if you cant restealth after each fight as an assasin you are pretty much toast also as you need that small 6 second force regen bonus after coming out of stealth or you just burn your force then you are a sitting duck.

very poor class compared to the rest of the class on here assasins/sages need buffing a bit.

you are a complete liar.

Uh no he isn't. They can crit for 6.5 k and 3-4 k splash dmg on another target on the same attack.

Add in a instant and a execute and they can kill someone as fast as an op/scoundrel out of stealth.

If you look around the forums videos have been posted and some SiN's wish that their project was delayed because the dmg hits in what is essentially 2 globals (delayed project).

I have been damn near instagibbed at 75 percent health in full champ/BM gear and when not instagibbed their burst doesn't fill up a resolve bar like a op/scoundrel, so they can follow it with a knockdown or a stun.

I have said it many times. If arenas are ever in this game an assassin/shadow will be REQUIRED to compete. Best CC/interupts on a healer. Provides guard/taunts (which will be stacked if any rated PvP is introduced, because it is the most powerful thing in the game). Unpredictable burst to heal through as a healer.

Not OP in a warzone setting (but nowhere near underpowered), but in small scale pvp? It doesn't get any better.

Edited by biowareftw

I stopped when I read level 42.

Either roll deception or roll with this spec which works pretty well for PvP http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bIMokrskZZf0cRrMz.1

Then stack crit/surge gear, get a power adrenal and this class is faceroll. Can pretty much burn everyone down as much as an operative does if not better because you actually have usefulness without stealth.

Edited by Knifewrench

DPS-geared, tank-speced Shadows and Assassins (Kinetic and Darkness) are potent forces in Warzones. You get a variety of great control effects combined with steady damage output, lowered cooldowns, and the amazing Force Pull. You also get to use your 2-second stun out of stealth, which is very valuable when trying to control multiple enemies.

You do need to realize that "tanking" statistics are basically worthless in PvP (shield generators don't block most attacks, and most player abilities cannot be dodged/parried/deflected/resisted). As such, you gear for damage and guard a strong DPS class like a Sage/Sorcerer or Scoundrel/Operative. You lock down a target so a DPS class can kill it, basically.

The DPS specs for Shadows/Assassins are pretty bad in PvP at the moment. They are made of paper, their burst is situational, and their sustained damage -- while decent -- take a long time to ramp up. They also suffer from Force starvation problems when trying to combo off and are very reliant on procs.

Give the Kinetic or Darkness spec a shot. It takes some getting used to, but it simply has more options in most PvP situations.

DPS-geared, tank-speced Shadows and Assassins (Kinetic and Darkness) are potent forces in Warzones. You get a variety of great control effects combined with steady damage output, lowered cooldowns, and the amazing Force Pull. You also get to use your 2-second stun out of stealth, which is very valuable when trying to control multiple enemies.

You do need to realize that "tanking" statistics are basically worthless in PvP (shield generators don't block most attacks, and most player abilities cannot be dodged/parried/deflected/resisted). As such, you gear for damage and guard a strong DPS class like a Sage/Sorcerer or Scoundrel/Operative. You lock down a target so a DPS class can kill it, basically.

The DPS specs for Shadows/Assassins are pretty bad in PvP at the moment. They are made of paper, their burst is situational, and their sustained damage -- while decent -- take a long time to ramp up. They also suffer from Force starvation problems when trying to combo off and are very reliant on procs.

Give the Kinetic or Darkness spec a shot. It takes some getting used to, but it simply has more options in most PvP situations.

I agree, but

Playing to my class style, pick on people with low hp (50% or less), if you cant burst them down, stealth and sprint.

As for damage, i have seen 3600 crits in pvp, but the consistancy is far from what i see from other classes. It is a had class to play, but with time you will get the feel for your playstyle/spec. Would like to see sins get a buff but not likely, so we have to make due with what we have.

no, they are not

So you think that assassins are underpowered? From what I can tell they are amazing in capable hands. Actually the next character I make will be an assassin (if i make a new char). Seems like they have all the tools necessary to be quite a fearsome force.

Battlemaster Shadow (and therefore Assassin) vid, showing that their numbers are just as high (ie ridiculous) as anyone else.

Yes, with battlemaster gear, and popping stims/adrenals/relic at the same time, it's possible.

Shadows/Assassins don't shine until you're geared. If you're a fresh 50 trying to beat on a person with 400 expertise. you'll laugh at your damage.

They are in a good place though.

like only 3 piece of our gear have crit and surge though. Once u pop out that stuff for champ gear ur chance of critting goes down alot.

I like the moment when he owns 4 noobs simultaneously. I am playing shadow myself and do not feel myself underpowered. Starting from lvl 30, where I have received an additional stun, the game is a pleasure. The only issue is well-geared 50s, but they cause troubles to all classes.