You took too long with Warzone Brackets

Dravinian

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have affected a tiny minority and as that minority grew the change could have been reversed with brackets.

Most mature people would have understood that, most avid PvPers would have accepted it and enjoyed the actual even matches instead of a stupid imbalance.

Again, the problem with Brackets early? Not enough 50s.....but god forbid we upset that tiny few that can't even fill a warzone by taking away their massive advantage.

It sounds like to me you just suck at this game honestly.

people get upset about the dumbest ****. it ceases to amaze.

Their money, so they should get to choose what aspects they happy with and what aspects they are not.

It is a normal aspect of real life, and not some strange effect inside the 'internetz'.

Even if you are a fan of this game and Bioware I think most reasonable people, that have experience with other MMORPGs, understand the state of pvp of this game on release was pretty much totally unacceptable. It caused two close friends of mine to quit this horrible bracketing system. They understood warzones weren't the fastest way to level but they were willing to just slog it out and do warzones because they love pvp. They just couldn't take fighting level 50's in pvp gear and they couldn't fathom the easy fix taking so long. I really can't think of a recent game I've played that showed the pvp player base such utter contempt. I'm going to give Bioware a longer chance because I believe they had to make some hard decisions to get this game out the door on deadline but this game easily had the worse pvp of any MMORPG that claimed to have pvp of the last 5 years that was made by a respectable company on release. Bioware can do better and we should all be demanding they do better in the future.

Waiting too long for brackets ? Haha... the games been out for like a month.

It was very unlucky wording.

Brackets should have been in the game at the start. Not even up for discussion.

NO OTHER recent MMORPG, none to be taken seriously at least, has done anything like it. Well DCUO apparently has, but from what I have read their match making system actually worked and grouped you with people roughly your own level.

SWTOR is just complete random madness.

50 premades roflstomping whole groups full of lowbies.

the only thing more insane than this actually happening in a game of this magnitude is reading the widespread support from the community for things like this. This game must have the most flamboyant fanboys I have ever come across in any game.

I guess the saying is right - every game gets the community it deserves :rolleyes:

Bioware couldn't have displayed their inexperience with the MMO genre in a more obvious way but I am very afraid they may find more ways in the future...

Edited by mufutiz

I agree, getting violated by 500 exp 50s (without a kiss) is no fun. I'm looking forward to the brackets, but I'm not going to quit over them not being there yet. My lvl 47 trooper has 40 valour and I've done a good deal of the story line quests and a lot of PVP. I've been mugged and had my wallet stolen by the Sith quite a few times. I've also been part of a few gang land beat downs. W/e...

Just deal with it and work your way up. If you KNOW pvp WZ are full of 50's... don' play in them. The Valour comes quickly, it's not hard to lvl up. Get to 50, pvp, get some gear, rinse and repeat.

I still play with my 23 Shadow. In fact, he fares better (in terms of helping to win games) than my trooper does (he's just a path clearer/DPS whore).

Am I unsubbing for the lack of brackets currently? No. It's at least acknowledged and will be fixed.

Swijr

Customers certainly can bandaid the problem and get by. I am currently doing that.

However, that doesn't mean that is what customer should be doing.

As for cancelling, it would be one thing if this was the only large issue with PvP, but it is not. There are a number of glaring mistakes made by BW -- which imo appear to be due to sloppy and lazy design, as opposed to unforseen results of hard work.

Personally, I would like to see people cancel, simply because in the market, that usually is how things end up improving. The 'tolerant' customer is more often rewarded with generic service.

So, I did not enjoy getting farmed pre-50, either. So, I leveled to 50. When I hit 50 (about a week ago), I was still getting blown up pretty quickly by more geared players. So, I spent time focusing on gear.

Now, I'm still below average PvP-gear wise, but I'm easily able to compete, and it's been ONE week. Hard for me to have much sympathy for you. I understand the frustration of losing a fight where you're out-leveled and out-geared. That still happens to me. I can play a fight perfectly and lose to some uber-geared guy who clicks three abilities and has been doing that for 12 hours a day since the frist day of pre-launch.

But I've also run into a few of the players that were farming me at level 35, and now that I have a tiny bit of gear, turns out many of them die pretty easily. Nothing is more satisfying than that. I suggest you try it.

Hi,

That makes me happy. If by the time I get to 50, it only takes a short while to be competitive, I'm cool with it. I was afraid it would take months and thus never able to reach competive level before the next gear release.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

Whats the complaint? Now all the sub 50s get ez mode route to rank 60+ while gaining same amount of commendations. All you have to do is buy champ+ bags, store em, then open em all if you ever hit 50.

Lets just say, after 10 pm; I will never get a game while sub 50s play non-stop.

Plan to cancel if there is over 30 min wait to PvP.....

In end, BW has no clue how to balance a game.

But they dont care, do they.

tobad you can only have one bag at a time unless you get it from quest

I like how people coin the term 50 premade I'm sure any lvl premade will roll the random solo qer six ways to Sunday because they work together. If you haven't figured out you are going to lose no matter what level you are if you don't use team work brackets can't help you with that

It was very unlucky wording.

Brackets should have been in the game at the start. Not even up for discussion.

NO OTHER recent MMORPG, none to be taken seriously at least, has done anything like it. Well DCUO apparently has, but from what I have read their match making system actually worked and grouped you with people roughly your own level.

SWTOR is just complete random madness.

50 premades roflstomping whole groups full of lowbies.

the only thing more insane than this actually happening in a game of this magnitude is reading the widespread support from the community for things like this. This game must have the most flamboyant fanboys I have ever come across in any game.

I guess the saying is right - every game gets the community it deserves :rolleyes:

Bioware couldn't have displayed their inexperience with the MMO genre in a more obvious way but I am very afraid they may find more ways in the future...

Logical conundrum for you.

You bracket the 50s off. Then you hit level 50. You go to queue warzones.

Oh, wait, what's that? NO WARZONES??

lol

I'm just happy people like you are quitting.

I just hope you stay away and don't come back to ask for dumb changes and nerfs.

Bye now.

I wish "people like you" would leave. He has a legit gripe -- BW's 1.1 solution of seperate tiers will create new problems, and his solution to turn off expertise for a bit is better than BW"s idea. Frankly, they should give the guy a consulting contract...

If you want to PvP on equal grounds, play battlefield 3. Oh wait, you have to level up by getting to guns and mods. Nevermind. Plants vs. Zombies?

or how about any other active MMO on the market today?

(equal grounds before reaching max level that is. Progression at level 50 is completely normal but level 10 players fighting battlemaster geared 50 premades... it is hilarious in an oppressive way really to witness people not seeing this as a problem)

But really guys you should have looked at a stream by Taugrim where he goes in at lvl 35 with his friends and they whip a lvl 50 team it's not that hard,

How about posting a link to videos where that same group is having similar results against level 50's of EQUAL SKILL?

Just because someone can post a video where they defeat a disorganized group, doesn't mean that this is not an issue, nor that they could easily do the same against an equally skill group.

Ah yes, I can see how it might have been logical to force the nine level 50 players into their own bracket for the first week of launch. What fun they would have had.

How stupid can people be?

It seems a bit silly to argue that you shouldn't upset 9 people but instead should upset hundreds of others.

Makes no sense at all.

Logical conundrum for you.

You bracket the 50s off. Then you hit level 50. You go to queue warzones.

Oh, wait, what's that? NO WARZONES??

lol

That's no logic conundrum. That's nonsense.

Push come to shove the earliest 50's would have had to wait a few days . I mean that's what happens if you intentionally race way beyond the leveling curve.

The riddle I am interesteed in solving right now is this: Why did brackets work in games like World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Rift, Warhammer online (+bolster btw, awesome system really), Aion or other recent games like that? Without cross-realm battlegroups mind you.

Edited by mufutiz

Really we are running out of buckets to catch your tears of fail. But really guys you should have looked at a stream by Taugrim where he goes in at lvl 35 with his friends and they whip a lvl 50 team it's not that hard, I myself have done it, I am beginning to think these people are the same who in voidstar run away from the door they are defending to get a kill and when it's ninja capped behind them ***** in ops chat his team sucks

Premades are the Antichrist of PvP.

Your above statement proves my theory

Anyone who doesn't see the imbalancing effect of any PvP match by sending a premade in with a bunch of solos just want's the win at all costs and doesnt need/want any challenge.

Taugrim , I ran into him on Rift. He is a competent player and sometimes wishes the best for balance but still it always revolves around which class he likes and plays and his group of friends.

I would like his take on Pm's Vs pugs. My experience has been it never works.

There was a small window in Rift were they tried Pugs/pugs Pm's/Pm's and it was great but the Pm's hated the queue times so Trion reversed it and Warfronts turned back into *****.

Go figure..

Edited by GothicSaint