Razer Naga Dying...

Teldara

The 12 buttons on the side, can you remap them to anything you want? Some guy said they represent the numbers on the keyboard, i guess that was just some fail trolling.

I've been looking into getting a razer naga because of the buttons, but i also know that razer products lack quality. I've had a few products of theirs but that was back in late 90's early 00's. Things may have changed. I had their first laser mouse and it broke after half a year of gaming. I guess they never tested their product for a longer period of time considering the rubber on the buttons actually wore down.

It's sad when you can use a mouse from mid 90's and it still works great today, still using it, lacks buttons etc of course, which sucks. I need to clean the mouse sensors every now and then depending on what game i play, a mmo and i can go several weeks without cleaning. If it's a fps i probably need to do it once every few days at least.

<edit> I forgot to add the Razer Anansi keyboard just seems insane. The thumb buttons are crazy good if you configure them properly.

On the naga, you can set the key to whatever key you want. The 1 on the thumb pad could be any key, along with modifier keys (alt, control, shift).

For an example, I use 1-4 keybinded something else for cooldowns, since I can hit 1-4 keyboard relatively easy. The rest corresponds to the action bar.

As with all hardware, none are perfect. It could be a hit or miss. This Razer Naga I have hasn't once messed up on me. It's still working other then loose wiring due to my fault. It's been through tough times where I raged. But I keep my equipment as good as I can.

Edit:

I'm still torn between the SWTOR Naga or Razer Epic. The SWTOR naga looks like it fits my hand perfect, and the white looks great. Only problem is I would have to clean it a bit.

The Epic on the other hand, is just like the normal one but wireless with changeable finger rest (I believe the SWTOR one does the same thing) and the matte finish.

The only minor grievance I have with the normal/molten one is its a little small and feels like I drag my pinky/ring finger around

Edited by Teldara

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, thanks for the feedback. The reviews had me worried. I was trying to decide which gaming macro keyboard to get, and wasn't really sold on any of them, then I came across this Naga mouse. I will grab it now. It's just what I was looking for to solve those Scoundrel too many buttons blues.

I use the Naga along with a Filco Majestouch-2 mechanical keyboard. It's like gaming heaven. :D

Really? Because my G5 is starting to fail after a year and a half (random cursor jumps make me sad) and I was considering a Razer Naga. And it's not like I abuse my mice. I haven't played in really RTS in some time and don't have hand ADD.

That does suck. Sorry to hear it. The only problem I have with mine is that I need to get new little silicon pads for mine to improve the smoothness of my tracking a bit. I use the same old Func mousing surface that I've been using for years. It's super smooth and awesome as long as I keep dust and gunk from building up on it. I won't deny the possibility that I just got unlucky 3 times in 18 months with Razer. Random is random.....but it was enough to push me toward buying a Logitech mouse in the first place. :]

Though I like the idea of having even more buttons on my mouse, I have no experience with the Naga. I don't care for how the buttons are placed (it looks uncomfortable to me), and that -- along with my past experiences with other Razer mice -- is enough to keep me from trying it.

I can see why people might like it, but I'm holding off on one for now. I am hoping that they fix the drivers for the Corsair M90, and then I might buy that one. The button placement looks a lot more comfortable to me than the Naga.

I will say that I got some Razer headphones the other day as an open box item on Newegg, and these things are comfortable. My ears are almost more comfortable with them on than off. :p

Edited by belialle

I love the adjustable side panels on the Epic. Worth it for the custom fit, I use it too much to put up with an uncomfortable mouse. Pair it up with a Logitech G13 and you're all set. This setup is far superior to just a gaming keyboard imo. Edited by daemian

Wait. You spent $80 for a "MMO mouse", it died only two years later, and you're willing to actually buy the same mouse again?

I truly don't understand why Razer has so many followers, given the **** quality of their products.

Wait. You spent $80 for a "MMO mouse", it died only two years later, and you're willing to actually buy the same mouse again?

I truly don't understand why Razer has so many followers, given the **** quality of their products.

Uh... That's the average span of a mouse. Especially if you're using it 10+ hours a day. I use it for Photoshop, web browsing, gaming, word, etc. It's just not an "MMO mouse". With 12 buttons on the side, you can program them to short cuts to increase productivity and etc.

My Logitech mouse didn't last 2 years, nor any other mouse. If you read, it was MY fault I broke it.

I'm willing to buy it again because it's a great mouse. It lasted longer than I expected. The thumb pad is a part of the mouse I can't get rid of. It's like using two monitors. It's hard to go back to one when you used two.

Edited by Teldara

That does suck. Sorry to hear it.

Suck doesn't begin to describe it. I'm on my 3rd Logitech mouse in 3 years. My G7 failed within months (same random cursor jumps) of buying it. G5 lasted a year and a half. The only reliable Logitech mouse I've ever owned was the MX510. Best mouse ever and I hate myself for getting rid of it.

What I'm gathering from this thread is that all expensive mice have crappy reliability :-p

Eh, you're seeing the hardcore side of things. Someone in here said they play 12-14 hours a day professionally, and while I don't actually believe that, it still makes a point of most the people in here putting a lot of heavy use on their mouse for expended periods of time (myself included).

My G500 has lasted me YEARS, and has been great (though I still miss my MX518 (which is now called the G400, which I may actually get soon for fun)).

Colors, did you say COLORS, Colors who thinks about COLORS when buying a mouse, Seriously COLORS?

Should I get the SWTOR Razer Naga, Naga Epic, or Normal Naga again.

I can't play without the Naga, since I've gotten used to it. Playing with a normal mouse is pretty dull and I'm a bit dependent on the awesome 12 button thumb pad.

The SWTOR Razer Naga looks decent. The problem I have with the normal Naga is that its a little small. The SWTOR Naga is a little bit bigger.

The Epic has the side rests that's inner changeable, just like the SWTOR version. Just black, and can have more colors.

I've had this mouse since fall/winter of 2009. And it's been perfect since then. A few minor bumps thats been fixed. But slowly its losing wiring contact or something. And it sounds a good time to get a new one.

Which should I get?

If you have nothing good to say, don't bother.

Personally I am waiting for this mouse to be released, I have the normal naga now , and sure its great but I think its made for child sized hands , if you have a normal adult sized hands like me its far to small. You may feel differently..

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/mmo.htm

That or I wish they would release the naga , +sized lol

Read the rest of the thread and someone said that the SW version was a bit bigger might have to check that out .....but i still think i want the mmo 7 mouse

Edited by Sithmud

Personally I am waiting for this mouse to be released, I have the normal naga now , and sure its great but I think its made for child sized hands , if you have a normal adult sized hands like me its far to small. You may feel differently..

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/mmo.htm

That or I wish they would release the naga , +sized lol

Read the rest of the thread and someone said that the SW version was a bit bigger might have to check that out .....but i still think i want the mmo 7 mouse

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that.

I was really tempted to get the regular R.A.T, but I may have to wait and try this one out. God knows it'll be better than the M90, which was rushed out for xmas before it was ready (remind anyone of a certain game? *cough*)

Uh... That's the average span of a mouse. Especially if you're using it 10+ hours a day. I use it for Photoshop, web browsing, gaming, word, etc. It's just not an "MMO mouse". With 12 buttons on the side, you can program them to short cuts to increase productivity and etc.

My Logitech mouse didn't last 2 years, nor any other mouse. If you read, it was MY fault I broke it.

I'm willing to buy it again because it's a great mouse. It lasted longer than I expected. The thumb pad is a part of the mouse I can't get rid of. It's like using two monitors. It's hard to go back to one when you used two.

Nonsense. I've been using the same Logitech mouse for more than five years, now, and I easily use it for 10+ hours every day. (Most of my work is done from home, so this mouse gets a lot of use.)

If you want another Naga, it's your money and I really don't care what you spend it on. I just don't understand loyal Razer customers. I hear more complaints about the reliability of their products than just about any other peripheral company, yet people keep buying them and paying a premium price to do so. I just don't get it!

I'd say regular...

I use an old Logitech G3.... best investment of my life (in computer therms speaking:)). Simple mouse, simple shape, 6 buttons.

It has done his work working 7-8 hours daily since 2006. Now he lowly starts to show signs of retirement... unfortunately it's discontinued.

I'd buy 50 of them if I could find a seller:)

Edited by Boefje

First I don't have to state how great the mouse is word of mouth and community suport is enough to show it is awesome. This mouse seriously is perfect for anyone who plays games on their computer.

Lasts 2 years is a long time. You should have replaced most of your other computer parts in that time. If you say you don't then you are not playing this game. If everything in your computer is more than 2 years old now then you are probably running this game on low settings with terrible FPS.

Do you really consider that a short time? I think 2 years sounds about right for the lifespan of a mouse that you are using almost every day.

What a terrible mouse. Limiting potential. You must be republic.

P.S. I have the hands of a 33 year old. I can grip a basket ball with one hand. Your statement is false.

Did you seriously call someone a republic because of their in REAL LIFE opinion? You must not have a life lmao. :D

What a terrible mouse. Limiting potential. You must be republic.

P.S. I have the hands of a 33 year old. I can grip a basket ball with one hand. Your statement is false.

While I completely agree with you that this guy is a douche based on his response, what is so wrong with the Logitech G700? I prefer it's logical button placement to the bleh arrangement of the Razer Naga. Sure, Naga has more buttons, but I have plenty of buttons with the G700, as long as I actually utilize keybindings on my keyboard as well.

I prefer for some buttons to be more prominent than others. To simply have 12 buttons on the side that are all the same shape and size, this is a very poor design IMO. It's kind of a quantity over quality direction, with the Naga.

I would vote for "not another Razer". I treat my stuff very gently, and I have had some very crappy failure rates with Razer mice. I kept giving them another chance because I wanted to like them so badly.....But sadly, Razer and I were not meant to be.

On the other hand, I've been using this old Logitech G5 for years now, and it's still as awesome as ever. I'm just trying to save you some money and hassle in the long run. :]

Strange. I've been using the same razer mouse for the last 4 or 5 years and I used to go through logitech mouses once a year.

Guess it could have been crappy logitech mouse models and I just got a really good razer mouse.

/shrug