There are 2 different games!

vekkth

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll chime in before getting back to work:

My friends and I got the second game. We looked at the first one and didn't buy into it. Don't really get why people keep playing it, posting about it, etc.

Great OP. You captured the complete disparity between the few whiners and the rest of us.

All I can say from years of past experience in "other" MMO's: these people who hate this game will stick around to whine in the forums and won't go away. It defies logic, but we all know it's true.

That's just their version of fun. I don't really get that either, but I know people like this and it's the truth.

I guess if this is how they enjoy their game, I can live with it while I enjoy it my way...

I'm playing game #3, where the single player is awesome and the multiplayer is bleh.

And the bugs aren't game breaking or simply cosmetic, but they are incredibly annoying. Such as randomly dropping dead in operations, not being able to get loot in flashpoints, or having to reset bosses due to bugs (IE the pylons stop spinning no matter who or how many times you click the console)

Edited by Helagoth

Yes, there are! Both titled SWTOR, both are made by Bioware for EA, but they are completely different.

One is the game people play and write about it on these forums.

1. It is boring and linear.

2. It has lots of bugs, most of those are gamebreaking.

3. Its not even an MMO! you cant see anyone outside of your factions hub.

4. PvP is terrible.

5. Endgame is bland, copypasted from WoW.

There are way more concerns about the game, all of them you can read on this forums. People are leaving and unsubbing in HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS. This you can read about here too.

Another SWTOR, is the game i play, daily, with my wife and friends in a small rl people guild.

1. Leveling is amazing. Quests are fun, sometimes deep, sometimes tricky. Class stories of those i've seen are great. I really do care about my character, i care about my team. I dress them, i buy them presents, i eagerly wait for new "want to talk to you" icon to appear. It bugs sometimes tho, hehe.

2. I am lvl 41, gladiator title, done through half of Hoth. One gamebreaking bug i yet to encounter - bugged Scorched Earth quest that stops our progress through Hoth, which is amazing planet. Ability lag is teh beatch in pvp, and is annoying, not gamebreaking yet if they fix it. Will be if they will not - simply because there are better alternatives. GW2 also incoming.

3. On Hoth, yesterday, we were constantly fighting over pirate location with imps. Massive zerg, with 50s coming being called by their guildies. Around 20 republics and same amount of imps in one area. Only thing matches it - vanilla Ashenwale tennis pvp games, those who played them knows why its called tennis :). In the game thats less one month old. I was impressed.

4. PvP is decent and fun just to pass time in my game. Ability lag sucks, 50s decked in full t2 pvp set sucks, lvl 12 in your team sucks. Still its fun to play 2-3 matches in a row. Huttball is amazing with proper partners and a nightmare with bads.

5. Cant say about my SWTOR since i havent yet reached the endgame. Will let you know asap when i am there.

My guild is constantly growing, while i put zero effort into it - just more and more rl friends are dragged into it by other friends.

Thats all about this small report of another SWTOR. I suggest you guys who got the bad version go and sue your dealer for selling you broken game, and get the one i play. Its great. Cant wait for more people to start playing it.

Yup, I am playing game # 2 as well :)

Truth be told...there is only 1 game, as both of the OP's versions are one and the same.

The difference is:

Version 1: Perspective of people not willing to throw time and money into a very sub-standard Single Player RPG with some Multiplayer elements.

Version 2: Perspecitve of people willing to toss their money on an IP and AAA developer name regardless of the fact it has led to a sub-standard game, nothing more than a Single Player RGP with some Multiplayer elements.

They paid for a sub-standard product... they are upset, and they wish to voice their opinions.

That is all.

1. It is boring and linear. -Not boring really but a tad linear yes.

2. It has lots of bugs, most of those are gamebreaking.-huh? naw my game works alot better than most I've played so early in...so my droid heals me and im green for a few zones, they fixing that.

3. Its not even an MMO! you cant see anyone outside of your factions hub.-naw I see more people than I want to LOL esp in front of mailboxes hahaha!

4. PvP is terrible.-pvp anywhere is terrible, that's why you all love it

5. Endgame is bland, copypasted from WoW.-not there yet so don't know, be there in 10 levels

1. Leveling is amazing. Quests are fun, sometimes deep, sometimes tricky. Class stories of those i've seen are great. I really do care about my character, i care about my team. I dress them, i buy them presents, i eagerly wait for new "want to talk to you" icon to appear. It bugs sometimes tho, hehe.- yes that's fun! I fear Ashara wont respect me though...they never do when you buy them too much stuff all the time LOL j/k

2. I am lvl 41, gladiator title, done through half of Hoth. One gamebreaking bug i yet to encounter - bugged Scorched Earth quest that stops our progress through Hoth, which is amazing planet. Ability lag is teh beatch in pvp, and is annoying, not gamebreaking yet if they fix it. Will be if they will not - simply because there are better alternatives. GW2 also incoming.

3. On Hoth, yesterday, we were constantly fighting over pirate location with imps. Massive zerg, with 50s coming being called by their guildies. Around 20 republics and same amount of imps in one area. Only thing matches it - vanilla Ashenwale tennis pvp games, those who played them knows why its called tennis :). In the game thats less one month old. I was impressed.-Alot of things this game has that most don't at launch, people refuse to see it.

4. PvP is decent and fun just to pass time in my game. Ability lag sucks, 50s decked in full t2 pvp set sucks, lvl 12 in your team sucks. Still its fun to play 2-3 matches in a row. Huttball is amazing with proper partners and a nightmare with bads.- While I don't care much for huttball (it tells me no one is playing Rep wz) TOTALLY agree with ability delay...no reason for it to continue being there and BW giving us an explanation, pfffft we want it FIXED not described!

Thats all about this small report of another SWTOR. I suggest you guys who got the bad version go and sue your dealer for selling you broken game, and get the one i play.-they wont, total PEBKAC issue. Enjoy your game:)

:cool:

I love this game. Yes it has numerous bugs but its a game, I play with friends, enjoy the content, and I play when I want to. No one is forcing my hand to pay and play this game. BW is doing better than some other game devs. Square Enix, for example, messed up so bad they were forced to make their game free-to-play until December 2012 just so they could rebuild the entire game. BW is keeping up with fixes and bugs as fast as they can and doing a good job of it. Blizzard may have refined WoW but it has also had 7 years of that refinement and even then there are new bugs with every patch and content update.

People are more than welcome to voice their opinions but throwing a rage tantrum in the forums and threatening to cancel their subs, like I have seen several users do, isn't a way of providing feedback that can be used to help devs find and fix the glitches. Be patient, play what you can, be helpful and report bugs you find and what you were doing when it happened, if it becomes intolerable then deactivate your account until you feel it is a more suitable time for you to play. Life and the video game world has other options, pick one to pass the time :)

P.S. to the OP, version 2 rocks, keep on playing.

you know i think you might be right, i went and got the collectors edition. I also built a fairly cheap new rig and have yet to see any of the lag i hear about. though its nice to hear these nerd rage-ers seethe with hate and jealousy because i have no lag. its even funnier when i rub it in by mentioning i am watching the star wars movies on my second screen while playing the game on the same rig (sometimes its a lil loud and you can hear it over my vent)

i might have a third version though because i am epic-ly enjoying this game.

I think I got the special edition of game 2 or something... I am having a blast in all areas of the game I have played up to level 48. I find the character story fun and engaging, I like the art and layout of the zones, I even enjoy the warzones.

I have to say though, my overall favorite part of the game so far is the hilarious amount of complaining that goes on in the forums. Maybe I'm just exceptionally lucky, but I have experienced none of the major issues people talk about. No ability lag, no major fps drops (50+ even in wz on max settings, no AA forced), no bugs that couldn't be fixed with either /stuck or the fleet pass.

Thanks to the OP for a positive thread!

OMG a positive thread. This will get a lot of replies from people who will tell you that you're not really having fun.

well its ok, we are here to help! they obviously have got the wrong version. no need to panic, we just have to figure how to patch/exchange that laggy buggy boring piece of crap they play for a marvelous engaging and fun we enjoy.

there HAS to be a way! may be some official response what file should be downloaded and from, or how to properly contact your dealer to get a good version. this threads purpose is to save.

Hey folks,

We've gone ahead and done a bit of maintenance in the thread. As a gentle reminder, please refrain from rude or insulting posts, or posts that derail the discussion into off-topic territory. This will ensure constructive discussion.

Thanks for your understanding!

Truth be told...there is only 1 game, as both of the OP's versions are one and the same.

The difference is:

Version 1: Perspective of people not willing to throw time and money into a very sub-standard Single Player RPG with some Multiplayer elements.

Version 2: Perspecitve of people willing to toss their money on an IP and AAA developer name regardless of the fact it has led to a sub-standard game, nothing more than a Single Player RGP with some Multiplayer elements.

They paid for a sub-standard product... they are upset, and they wish to voice their opinions.

That is all.

Haha, way to tell me what to think.

I along with my 150 or so guildmates all play the second version. We love it. Nothing is gamebreaking, we all accept there are a few foibles and we know they will be fixed.

For the life of me, I don't understand why people who bought the first version are still here whining.

Go do something productive with your life, don't waste it complaining about a game you don't even want to play.

Roll on 20th Jan, those whiners will surely dissapear back to whatever perfect game they nomally play.

All I'd like to see is target of target and some UI setup.

Keep working on the second version Bioware, it doesn't matter about the first version, you'll nver make those customers happy.

Edited by Frooby

I have a good pc, so I am playing both.

Loving my Shadow, enjoying the quests. Tharan is awesome (when he shuts up!).

But, I am having issues with the ability delay and I loathe the UI and the way it (doesn't) work. Plus looking forward to the better graphics we've been promised.

So, nothing game breaking for me, yet. But I won't bury my head in the sand and say it's perfect, yet.

Oh and I live in the Uk, so hope that (like every other MMO out there) we get our own maintenence schedule too (or swap months, one month we get the 3am downtime and the US can have their gameplay time killed off once a week).

But, all in all, I won't be quitting.