Bioware is killing pvp on voss in 1.1!

-Fenix

Have had many a good fights on Voss. Bioware plans to make the city a Sanctuary, so that means no more of these excellent battles. Now, after 1.1, we'll get to stare at each other go off on missions on a PVP SERVER!

Voice your disagreement so that maybe they will keep Voss a PVP planet for PVP servers!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had many a good fights on Voss. Bioware plans to make the city a Sanctuary, so that means no more of these excellent battles. Now, after 1.1, we'll get to stare at each other go off on missions on a PVP SERVER!

Voice your disagreement so that maybe they will keep Voss a PVP planet for PVP servers!

I like the idea. It's retarded to worry about getting jumped at a vendor, and on a RP-PvP server, it makes no sense that the empire and republic could fight in the streets without the Voss authorities getting involved.

I like the idea. It's retarded to worry about getting jumped at a vendor, and on a RP-PvP server, it makes no sense that the empire and republic could fight in the streets without the Voss authorities getting involved.

It's the most fun I've ever had in this game by a long shot. me and two of my guildies wiping out six sith and they needed six more guys to kill us.

Was the best moment of the game by far, the rest of my experience has been so/so with the entire game.

Edited by ColdLogic

This ^

I'm on a PvP server, but that doesn't mean that PvP shouldn't fit the story of the game, and fighting it out in the city streets of Voss doesn't fit the story.

Edited by Spymaster

There has never been a PVP themed mmo where you could gank lowbies in town without the guards attacking you whatsoever.

Lvl 40's and 50's are lowbies huh? Matter of fact, I was pvp-ing there in my early 40's while questing and against some 50's. It was supremely fun, sure I got killed when I was checking out the vendors, but I spawned and kill 'em back.

Key: PVP Server.

They can't possibly be that stupid... Can they?

ganking IS pvp.... rofl at these carebear comments.

the whole point of playing a pvp server in an MMO is that you run the risk of getting killed any time, but you can also kill people at any time and have awesome PvP battles, to me it's worth the annoyingness of getting ganked a bit.

this game would be WAY more fun if they didn't go so far to make sure world PvP never happens.

Sorry, but take World of Warcraft Vanilla for example. Fully decked out level 60's from over a year of raiding stomping on questing level 50s is pure slaughter. Versus kind of implies there is an actual fight between two people going on.

that's why it had localdefense and worlddefense channels, i would go and find the scrub gankers and own them. Only bad players would go around ganking lowbies anyways, it gets boring quickly and if you're good you go after the hardest prey.

This is to cater for the PvE players that rolled on a PvP server and then cry when they get attacked. PvE players can only do PvP when the following conditions apply:

1. They are totally ready

2. When they are totally expecting it

3. When it will not stop them doing a quest

4. When they feel like doing some PvP

As you can see all the above points should tell them they need to roll on a PvE server but get used to Bioware pandering to these crybabys, Blizzard did the same and it ruined wow.

This is to cater for the PvE players that rolled on a PvP server and then cry when they get attacked. PvE players can only do PvP when the following conditions apply:

1. They are totally ready

2. When they are totally expecting it

3. When it will not stop them doing a quest

4. When they feel like doing some PvP

As you can see all the above points should tell them they need to roll on a PvE server but get used to Bioware pandering to these crybabys, Blizzard did the same and it ruined wow.

No this is not the problem. You see i got jumped by 2 fully geared 50s on Voss on my Sent my no stealth class. They killed me 6 times over a 30 min period cause i couldnt get any help. They were farming lowbies ( and yes any lvl below 50 is a lowbie compared to 50s even 49s for the simple fact that the gear makes them MASSIVELY more powerful)for about 2 hours. I can understand out in the WORLD but in a CITY where it should be SAFE because the Voss are neutral and to quote the game "Voss athorties handle any situations". If i get jumped while im killing something while questing then THATS PvP. When im getting farmed in a city by people that could take 10 of me becuase of a massive gear and lvl advantage that is not PvP

God I get tired of all the comments "thats not PvP" and "this is not PvP" all over the place. OF COURSE IT IS its just not what you like, but it sure is PvP. Its getting nuts how you have to have all this honor in war, everything must be completely consensual at all times, like you both must know its coming and have time to prepare and click a row of buttons signifying you are indeed aware that you are going to fight another person and all that BS

Theres always some girl scout whining about something, its not fair, we weren't the same level, you had better gear, I didn't have a fair chance to defend myself, its greifing, its ganking!! WAAAAA

SO WHAT? Newsflash, there is no death penalty in this game. I don't care if you kill me, don't care if I die. How can you get so bent out of shape when you loose nothing of any substantial value?

Its not just this game or bioware, its the modern day mentality of mmos. PvP is dead, everybody whined and killed it. Its sad.

The ganking/griefing aspect is pretty sad, but the server says "PVP" and warns you that is a is PVP server before you even choose it. That said, if it's a neutral ground, and there should be guards or something, unless it's one of those lawless areas, in that case it should be anything goes.

Again it's really sad to go after the same guy that has no chance to beat you over and over. But hey, that's the GIFT for ya.

Short version: I feel for the guys that had to deal with the griefers, but you were warned before you picked the server.

40 is not a lowbie, don't be dumb.

40 with maybe 15 expertise, or at most a number in the low tens if he's been doing a lot of warzones (to rip out the expertise enhancements from pvp weapons and put them in his armor) definitely is a lowbie compared to a level 50 with hundreds of expertise.