I Haven't Played SWTOR in a Week - and here is WHY.

Reztastic

To OP.

There are a lot more 50's on now. It's really not hard to find a group at all. Sometimes it might take a whole 15mins to find a group but usually I do. As others said, make friends and or find a better guild.

I'm not on a huge server, I'm on Darth Malak and it never reaches full or heavy status.

You just give up too easy is all.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To OP.

There are a lot more 50's on now. It's really not hard to find a group at all. Sometimes it might take a whole 15mins to find a group but usually I do. As others said, make friends and or find a better guild.

I'm not on a huge server, I'm on Darth Malak and it never reaches full or heavy status.

You just give up too easy is all.

I wasted hours of my life waiting for people. Traveling around to different planets, trying different hours, and advertising on the side of my ship.

None of it worked and in the end, all I gained was /played time.

Sure it can be tricky to find someone or a group to do flashpoints or Heroics with if your not in a guild

Im in exactly the same situation as you

But its not a game wrecker - doesnt happen often and if it does, go do a few missions then try again or use the general chat a bit more - pretty simple really

Or throw your toys

Just go to the Realm forums for your server and post that you are looking for a Guild. Realm forums are an integral part of the MMO experience and not using them or NOT HAVING THEM AT ALL would be disastrous for any game claiming to be an MMORPG.

You know that FFXI didn't have ANY forums at all and is still alive. Guess that invalidates your claims.

Not the slightest itch has occurred that made me want to start SWTOR up.

I can't find groups to run content with, such as Flashpoints.

I can't complete heroics, no one to run them with.

There's a large disconnect with a significant percentage of players that seem to think this is a single player game and the only interaction should be based on an 'as needed" basis which then would terminate as soon as that function is filled without so much as a 'thanks for the run', only to find them asking for help yet again in 15 mins. Disconnect.

I would like to run flashpoints to accumulate gear/social points/whatever but it's impossible past the very beginning flashpoints because I can not find people to run with.

Even with a guild with a couple of dozen members, this game feels barren and desolate.

This is a MMO. Give us some MMO Tools to engage the single player crowd to make it easier for them to run group content or participate.

join a guild were recruiting . we are running them everyday. But i do agree Bioware released this game with not enough community building tools.

This is a MMO. Give us some MMO Tools to engage the single player crowd to make it easier for them to run group content or participate.

by mmo tools you mean a factory that churns out groups for you whenever you need them? cuz it sure seems like that's what you're getting it.

if your friends don't play together, they're probably not your friends. go make NEW friends that actually ARE your friends, and then your grouping problem will be solved. if that's too hard... well, in that case, bye.

meh I just chat in general and try not to be a complete douche (i'm from new jersey so it takes a lot of effort on my part) and now I have a guild and a full friends list and never have any problems finding a full group for anything no matter what hour of the day I'm on

it's not really hard

So how do you make friends or find a great guild if the big problem is to find other people to play with ?

Yeah that's the real problem. On any given night, I can find something like 2 persons on the planet that I'm on who are not playing a single player game. So far I've had the option of joining 2 mass guilds (you know, the ones that recruit EVERYONE no matter what) or... nothing. Not even sure I've seen other guilds around.

I never join a guild without talking to people first or playing with them.

The problem was not so bad at low levels, but around 30 it become very difficult.

by mmo tools you mean a factory that churns out groups for you whenever you need them? cuz it sure seems like that's what you're getting it.

if your friends don't play together, they're probably not your friends. go make NEW friends that actually ARE your friends, and then your grouping problem will be solved. if that's too hard... well, in that case, bye.

Dude, I said to "engage", not in anyway related to what you responded with "factory that churns out groups for you whenever you need them?".

Please do not take what I say out of context for the purpose of a lulz post.

Edited by Reztastic

Yeah that's the real problem. On any given night, I can find something like 2 persons on the planet that I'm on who are not playing a single player game. So far I've had the option of joining 2 mass guilds (you know, the ones that recruit EVERYONE no matter what) or... nothing. Not even sure I've seen other guilds around.

I never join a guild without talking to people first or playing with them.

The problem was not so bad at low levels, but around 30 it become very difficult.

You should have joined the massive guild, you would have access to a global chat channel and pool of 50 or so players to group with. Sure some are douches but I'm sure you'd find some people tolerable.

I used to join guild just for the sake of being in a guild because it felt like a mmo'ish thing to do. I more often than not would quit within a week when i realised others were only in it to get boosted and for stuff from the guild bank.

Rather just have a freinds list with a few pleasant players to group with now and again (although in this game I have only met around 5 people worth speaking to, the rest are just like kids who flame others on youtube).

Dude, I said to "engage", not in anyway related to what you responded with "factory that churns out groups for you whenever you need them?".

Please do not take what I say out of context for the purpose of a lulz post.

i'm telling you what your request seems to be. thats not out of context, thats what i take your meaning for. if that isn't what you mean to say, then you should go back and clarify.

the responsibility for understanding is the burden of the speaker, not the listener

but then where do they post their tons of illogical rants, hateful trolls and butthurt cries?

The real casuals just find another game if this one is disappointing to them, they don't waste a **** ton of time on forums for something they dislike, only people that do that are the softcore wannabes.

I don't have this issue, and I am not in a guild. I find groups with relative ease. There are three steps I generally take in any MMO to ensure this:

1) Play a healer or a tank

2) Fill your friends list with tanks (if you're a healer) or healers (if you're a tank)

3) Work hard to be competent

If you want to play DPS, your road will be rougher. There may be twice as many DPS slots in any given group, but there are five times as many players competing for them. If you're dedicated deeps, you really need to be aggressive with your friends list, or you need to be in an *active* guild.

Not the slightest itch has occurred that made me want to start SWTOR up.

I can't find groups to run content with, such as Flashpoints.

I can't complete heroics, no one to run them with.

There's a large disconnect with a significant percentage of players that seem to think this is a single player game and the only interaction should be based on an 'as needed" basis which then would terminate as soon as that function is filled without so much as a 'thanks for the run', only to find them asking for help yet again in 15 mins. Disconnect.

I would like to run flashpoints to accumulate gear/social points/whatever but it's impossible past the very beginning flashpoints because I can not find people to run with.

Even with a guild with a couple of dozen members, this game feels barren and desolate.

Sounds like all your problems are solved by getting a guild.

You should have joined the massive guild, you would have access to a global chat channel and pool of 50 or so players to group with. Sure some are douches but I'm sure you'd find some people tolerable.

Perhaps.

I've done that before though, and it was a horrible experience.

but then where do they post their tons of illogical rants, hateful trolls and butthurt cries?

I think.... These people avoid such things... and just kind of... enjoy the game, and life.... we call them.... optimistic. Happy. Well adjusted.

You dont see them 'round these here parts.

i'm telling you what your request seems to be. thats not out of context, thats what i take your meaning for. if that isn't what you mean to say, then you should go back and clarify.

the responsibility for understanding is the burden of the speaker, not the listener

You interpreted it as such in your own head and spinned it to suit your overall narrative.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.