Do Sorc/Sages ever go OOM?

KronikInsomniak

Nope. Sorc on my server spams force lightning every 1 second (interupts it by moving forward to cast it again). Doesn't run out of resources and kills you in 5 seconds. They have, by far, the best resource in the game. Edited by LordKivlov

Most Sorc are specced so they don't have resource issues through standard play and such. Healing as a non Healing skilled Sorc can wreck the Resource base pretty fast though.

If you do, what I consider an exploit of sorts so refrain from, the stopcast force Lightning to proc Instant cast spells (becuase Force Lightning front loads) you can actually go Oout of Force very fast especially when chaining it with the high cost 50 force abilities and the shield.

heh ask the same about Troopers and BH's

and the answer youll get is...

YES in about 6 single target attacks they are out of gas, more if they blow a "Vent heat" cooldown..., LESS if they AOE..

Then again these 2 caster classes are built around

UNNNNLIIIMMMETTTEDDDDD POWWEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :D

Edited by blackadda

Yay, let's make healers worse.

Because obviously they need to be completely useless otherwise dps can't just sprint into a group press a few keys and kill everyone instantly...

Its not the healers really(although i venture they will be 10x worse than wow when they do get nerfed because of the lack of solid mana)

its the dps with no limit to spammable attacks.

I'm hard pressed to find a DPS class at level 50 that really has an issue with resource management if they play it right. I mean check out that Operative video that was chilling here on the forums for a bit, he rarely went below 50% of his resource. Arguable the only time an Operative would go Run out of his resource is spamming his lesser 10M ranged attack.

And the Warrior like classes have a functional rage system.

Bounty Hunters/Troopers might have the wonkest resource system yet. But even still most don't appear to have issues with it, from what I've seen at least.

I personally feel the resource system in this game was done very well, you don't ACTUALLY have to worry about running out of it when you are doing things right, but when you go into 1 button mode you can potentially run out or overfill. That does Exclude Sorc who probably need that massive Regen in PVE becuase of a static 8 force regen a second and a pool of 500.

I'm hard pressed to find a DPS class at level 50 that really has an issue with resource management if they play it right. I mean check out that Operative video that was chilling here on the forums for a bit, he rarely went below 50% of his resource. Arguable the only time an Operative would go Run out of his resource is spamming his lesser 10M ranged attack.

And the Warrior like classes have a functional rage system.

Bounty Hunters/Troopers might have the wonkest resource system yet. But even still most don't appear to have issues with it, from what I've seen at least.

I personally feel the resource system in this game was done very well, you don't ACTUALLY have to worry about running out of it when you are doing things right, but when you go into 1 button mode you can potentially run out or overfill. That does Exclude Sorc who probably need that massive Regen in PVE becuase of a static 8 force regen a second and a pool of 500.

Power techs/vanguards that are shield tech speced can run out of steam very fast they are build around gaining their resouce on shielding an attack. Ofc with current mitigation rules most common wz cleses abilities cant be shielded. Pyros and adv prot dont have such issues but tanks very offen have to vent heat to kill someone.

Edited by Rabbitofdoom

Nope. Sorc on my server spams force lightning every 1 second (interupts it by moving forward to cast it again). Doesn't run out of resources and kills you in 5 seconds. They have, by far, the best resource in the game.

This is a lie. It takes a little while, but we do go OOM. Make us heal and watch the orange bar disappear...

Even if we get carried away on DoTs we can deplete our force, you would have to be pretty careless though.

The main thing is, bad sorcerers don't live long enough to deplete their force...

This is a lie. It takes a little while, but we do go OOM. Make us heal and watch the orange bar disappear...

Even if we get carried away on DoTs we can deplete our force, you would have to be pretty careless though.

The main thing is, bad sorcerers don't live long enough to deplete their force...

You know what, he is kinda right as someone who resembles that statement. When I have the misfortune of living for 10 minutes and haven't thrown myself at the mercy of the other team to stop a HuttBall Carrier, I can get low on Force. Mostly becuase I spam the crap out of the Fast heal on myself inbetween blowing up the next player.

Power techs/vanguards that are shield tech speced can run out of steam very fast they are build around gaining their resouce on shielding an attack. Ofc with current mitigation rules most common wz cleses abilities cant be shielded. Pyros and adv prot dont have such issues but tanks very offen have to vent heat to kill someone.
So it's fine for dps sorcs to run out of force when healing but not for tank specs to run out of heat when dpsing? I thought tanks were supposed to guard people and carry objectives in pvp, not go on killing sprees. Edited by Alsntm

Why should I as a marauder constantly watch my ragepool and manage it so that I can attack at all while sorcerers can DPS away an pretty much not care? I say increase the cost of damage spells plox.

Probably becuase your resource enables you to blow people a little better than Sorc. Most Sorc do gradual damage and the 5k crit dream will be dead after the great Biochem nerf....still chasing that dream.....