[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

I had no "issues" in the beta when I played it. The game looked far better then.

Shoot I think AoC is almost on par with TOR now, but before release in the beta, man the game looked amazing.

I'm sorry, but you have to be joking.

You can say the artstyle is better in ToR and that'd be cool, that's a matter of personal taste/opinion. But AoC stomps ToR into the ground graphically. Lighting, shadows, textures, the whole nine yards. And that's in DX9, we won't even mention when you put AoC into DX10 mode.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but you have to be joking.

You can say the artstyle is better in ToR and that'd be cool, that's a matter of personal taste/opinion. But AoC stomps ToR into the ground graphically. Lighting, shadows, textures, the whole nine yards. And that's in DX9, we won't even mention when you put AoC into DX10 mode.

I didn't want to come across as a troll.

Also AoC has a

appearance tab.

I thought TOR looked amazing in beta, but Ill agree with you. The environments really stunned me in AoC in the starter area.

The ground coverage along with the affects really make the game "pop" graphically.

You know, I find that STO looks pretty good, in space at least.

That feel when you fly your **** huge cruiser into the middle of a swarm of enemies and hit "beam fire at will"

I melt every time.

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/funny-celebrity-pictures-have-you-ever-been-so-awesome.jpg

Why oh why can't TOR look as good?

I didn't want to come across as a troll.

Also AoC has a

appearance tab.

I thought TOR looked amazing in beta, but Ill agree with you. The environments really stunned me in AoC in the starter area.

The ground coverage along with the affects really make the game "pop" graphically.

You know, I find that STO looks pretty good, in space at least.

That feel when you fly your **** huge cruiser into the middle of a swarm of enemies and hit "beam fire at will"

I melt every time.

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/funny-celebrity-pictures-have-you-ever-been-so-awesome.jpg

Why oh why can't TOR look as good?

AoC is FTP so anyone who doubts it can download the client and really see the difference up close and personal.

There are some textures near lifts and other places that look like PS1 era quality.

there was never supposed to be a 'Medium' choice - that was a bug

Liar, it wasn't a bug, a bug is an unforseen problem in mathematical code. This is just your weak cover story to hide the bad performance of the game.

Taking away our option for High res textures was fail. Some have waited 8 years for this game and most gamers i know have very good rigs. Gaming is like a hobby we invest big in our systems just to run games on their highest settings. Why do you think I drop $300+ on a dam video card...to play crappy resolution. This is 2012 tech isn't even that expensive anymore I'm not rich but I easily built a system that will play anything on High +. I'm sure more than half the player base could of run the high beta textures w/o any problems. Not sound crazy but the more and more i play swtor i realize how much I really appreciate rift and all the wonders that game has to offer. BW needs to suck up their pride and really look @ trion for some gaming direction so thay can turn this ship around before it too late. I love swtor but I doubt i'll be around much longer of things don't change soon.

Liar, it wasn't a bug, a bug is an unforseen problem in mathematical code. This is just your weak cover story to hide the bad performance of the game.

Actually it's, "an unexpected defect, fault, flaw, or imperfection". Which in this case, it makes perfect sense (going by their explanation) that they couldn't have the Hi-Res textures added in (or at least they believe they couldn't) until after launch, due to the alleged performance issue -- and as such wanted to remove the option until they found that it was available. So unless you can demonstrate for a FACT that this was intentional (this being here AT LAUNCH), your whole statement can basically be summed up as: "Hey guys, I don't like this response, I think he's lying!".

Guys, I fully support getting this stuff working and in game; responding with inaccurate and unverifiable claims that are unnecessarily rude and ultimately unnecessary does not help our case AT ALL.

Edited by BobTheTeepo

And here are my 2 cents:

I can list at least 3 f2p MMOs with better in game textures for the characters than SW CUTSCENES.

Seriously, the cutscene graphics in this game aren't that good, I can take some screenshots later to prove it.

I want hi resolution textures not some lame low resolution textures. This isn't really an option for BW if it's not implemented I will leave the game too. I consider this topic to be a work in progress for BW with the intention of being implemented at some time in the future. I'm willing to give BW some time, but I won't wait 3 months for some thing that should have been implemented in game at launch.

I want hi resolution textures not some lame low resolution textures. This isn't really an option for BW if it's not implemented I will leave the game too. I consider this topic to be a work in progress for BW with the intention of being implemented at some time in the future. I'm willing to give BW some time, but I won't wait 3 months for some thing that should have been implemented in game at launch.

Yeah im giving them till March and 1.2. If they are not cut scene quality im going to have a hard time subbing.

For those who said "there was no false advertisement"

You can see cutscenes... and GAMEPLAY (Stockstrike, Explosive Surge, Full Auto) with the same texture quality.

I'm playing a trooper and my armor looks like bantha crap

For those who said "there was no false advertisement"

You can see cutscenes... and GAMEPLAY (Stockstrike, Explosive Surge, Full Auto) with the same texture quality.

I'm playing a trooper and my armor looks like bantha crap

I've been following this topic from page one, thread one. Alas I wasn't part of the Beta, so I can't comment on the deterioration of graphics compared to the current client, but I can say that it's not exactly a technological masterpiece.

I too would very much like the chance to play with high res textures although I don't find the current state that distracting; that is until you zoom in on that new piece of gear...

However, virtually ALL recently posted videos claiming 'false advertisement' are NOT gameplay. Sure, some of the animations correspond to actual gameplay moves, but if there's no UI, it ain't gameplay. Those are vids made to showcase each class and/or its story and it's perfectly legal AND common practice for devs and publishers to use editor quality entities.

I'm glad this topic is being kept alive, but as has been said, posting easily deflated 'evidence' doesn't help anyone.

In fact I feel cheated, all previesw the game are the most polished in addition to the beta was all pretty, which led me to spend even more money and in the end I was mistaken, because the game is now in graphic terms crap, the option of using an old engine is proving to be perhaps the worst decision made ​​biower and this is reflected in the performance of the engine and not only at the graph ...

Please return to get the options of high-textures, so people wo can play with them can, and who can not just disable the option