[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

I dont know mate. I think thats a stretch to call that false advertising just like the other video. None of that looks better than what Im playing now. The trooper with the orange logos is very similar to mine, though I only had the shoulder logo on the screenie i linked earlier in thread. The leather clad guy in the desert scene doesnt look any better than than mine either.

The screenshots Ive seen people post of their robes that look super blurry are nasty, I havent seen that in game before but if thats what they really look like then thats not cool.

On the other hand, I still havent seen any "false advertising" The only shots Ive seen where things look nicer are made with holotrick by the players themselves.

I can post here some screenshots of my trooper with Powertech Boots (brown with silver stripes and some red spots), playing with EVERYTHING on highest setting available...

And they look like ****.

Same with gloves and, ofc, with my jedi robes.

And in the video you can see the details on boots, robes, armor...

So either they are fixing it (GREAT!) or they are false advertising

Edited by Bolthus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can post here some screenshots of my trooper with Powertech Boots (brown with silver stripes and some red spots), playing with EVERYTHING on highest setting available...

And they look like ****.

I dont have the exact stuff from video but similar brown and green looking leather armor.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/screenshot2012012015484.jpg/

versus in the video

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/upcomingp.jpg/

and just because i think its funny. Awesome camera work. This was in this angle for a fair while.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/swtorexe201201201151324.jpg/

Thats just not better. Theres no more detail at all. They both suffer a bit from being Imageshacked but that evens out. I think you and yours need to give up on the false advertising thing and stick with the please put the HQ textures back because we like them better.

And they look like ****.

I want a refund if they refuse to put the textures back, they allowed the textures in game for a while and now they are removed permanently?

Bioware I want my money back or an option to set high res textures as stated above, it's false advertising especially since you allowed it for a while then took it away.

I dont have the exact stuff from video but similar brown and green looking leather armor.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/screenshot2012012015484.jpg/

versus in the video

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/upcomingp.jpg/

and just because i think its funny. Awesome camera work. This was in this angle for a fair while.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/swtorexe201201201151324.jpg/

Thats just not better. Theres no more detail at all. They both suffer a bit from being Imageshacked but that evens out. I think you and yours need to give up on the false advertising thing and stick with the please put the HQ textures back because we like them better.

As soon as I get home from work I'm gonna post the screens of my boots, so you can se how they look at MAXIMUM settings.

The video footage show complex items look great, my game DON'T.

They never allowed it and took it away. It was in there in beta only. Which makes it a bit annoying but of no relevance to retail release.

They have already said they will be implementing some sort of fix.

Dry your eyes.

As soon as I get home from work I'm gonna post the screens of my boots, so you can se how they look at MAXIMUM settings.

The video footage show complex items look great, my game DON'T.

what about those comparisons? would you agree that the trailer doesnt look better than the real game? In those examples.

Edited by jadel

what about those comparisons? would you agree that the trailer doesnt look better than the real game? In those examples.

It does.

The video makes the game look better than it looks in any of my 2 computers, both of them way above maximum specs, with all settings on high (even the new antialiasing)

So that is just false. Period.

I need to clarify,

Are you saying that you think the screenshot from the video looks better than the screenshot of my in game graphics? And that this is what you are basing your false advertising claims on?

If so Im not sure what to say to you. I would say that at worst they are very similar but I think mine looks a bit nicer.

The videos look way nicer (certainly the textures) vs the in game settings. It becomes a little questionable if you're forcing outside postprocessing like SSAO and special texture filtering.

It feels like the only thing that is really solid in this engine is the lighting effects.

I need to clarify,

Are you saying that you think the screenshot from the video looks better than the screenshot of my in game graphics? And that this is what you are basing your false advertising claims on?

If so Im not sure what to say to you. I would say that at worst they are very similar but I think mine looks a bit nicer.

I'm saying:

- As far as I know, you play a trooper.

- So please, get some complex looking items (Powertech boots -lvl 32 boots- would be perfect, because I'm wearing that and we can compare)

- Then make screenshot with at least 150% the zoom you are using now

The video is played at 720 HD full screen, your screenshots are way too far from the character and using textures too simple to judge right.

Edited by Bolthus

Ill take a look and see if i can get those boots.

As far as the zoom. The video and my shot are at virtually the same zoom. I guess it could be a bit closer. Ill do another one if i find some matching trooper boots.

regarding

The videos look way nicer (certainly the textures) vs the in game settings. It becomes a little questionable if you're forcing outside postprocessing like SSAO and special texture filtering.

It feels like the only thing that is really solid in this engine is the lighting effects.

I only enable AA outside the game just regular old 4x multisample.

Im not saying they dont need to add the HQ textures back in, I just have yet to see anything that smacks of false advertising. I would perhaps accept deceptive when they post cutscene screenies, but even then only because it might confuse the stupid people. Its like having to put "warning contents hot" on a coffee cup.

And to guy above this .. I have no idea why they cant put that exact option in. As ive said many times before. Seems like a perfect band aid until they can fix it more to their liking.

BTW

at 0:57, look at the boots, right side characters.

OBVOUSLY Hi-res textures.

So Bioware BETTER put them on that patch.

Its a cutscene, its not relevant to the argument.

Please dont do the whole using capital letters to threaten BW. You have been quite level headed so far it seems a shame to join the slavering masses.

It's crazy that they are getting away with this false advertising.

I think its crazy that people like yourself keep posting this without any consideration to what you are actually saying.

Erh to you ppl with the examples of high ress and no high ress are you joking?

It's not a matter of proving whether they used to be there or not, that is a fact and claiming it's lies is the same as being a retarded moronic fool nothing else.

The textures were there, now they are only available through cutscenes and it wasn't only during beta I played 35 lvls of after release lvls with high ress textures and all of a sudden they were gone.

So don't give me all that crap, they were in the game before AND after release and they should come back! If your laptop/desktop sucks and your bitter about not being able to run them, go F yourselves cuz were alot of ppl with high end stuff who wants them.

I'm sick of listening to poor ppl whine about not having a decent computer and get gaming companies to nerf their game graphics like this, your a bunch of selfish children nothing else.

Hint: Get a real job or an education you lazy bums and you might be able to afford something else than the cheapest crap available.

Edited by Blackweb

I don't care about false advertising, I just want the damn high res textures as an option.

I agree.

It's simple, they need to include them. Games tht have good art style and graphics sell in this age.

We all know and have seen what the game is possible of.

I'd be very interested to see if there is another official response about this with details about the options they are exploring to fix the issue.

However I have unsubscribed (not a flippant thing to do for me as I am a CE owner) because of the professional embarrassment in the way this has been mishandled and the sheer insult of what someone thought they could tell us and we'd be ok with it.

Also, improved graphical fidelity is merely hyperbole and deliberately vague.

So given the way things have been done so far I simply do not expect them to do the right thing anymore and keep us up to date on a regular basis. Prove me wrong please do.

I am hoping to subscribe when they fix the game and it is as is advertised.

So for people like me who are watching the situation keenly with a view to giving our money in subscription what say you official response Bioware people?

As I promised, the screenshots of the crappy-blurry textures we "enjoy" today. All settings at maximum, even the antialiasing. You can compare this grraphics with what was showed in the new video. If my game doesn't look like that when that pach (1.2) is running, it will be FALSE ADVERTISEMENT.

I have closer pics if you need them. Buy you can tell the difference between my character and my companion easily. Cool lvl 32 boots looking like brown crap. :mad:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/blurrytextures.jpg/

Also, improved graphical fidelity is merely hyperbole and deliberately vague

That is not hyperbole. That is ambiguous.

"we are adding the best graphics ever seen in a computer game, these are photo realistic textures that will literally blow you away!"

That's is hyperbole.

Why do you people expect them to say anything more about this? He's responded twice explained what they believe is the problem and what they will be doing to fix it. He has given you a time frame of sorts in which to expect this fix in whatever form it takes.

What are you hoping for? Stevo to pop in and say , hey guys all the false advertising talk and the I'm going to quit in capital letters has convinced us! We were particularly swayed by some peoples use of large red fonts. We will be adding the hq textures tomorrow.

Sure it would nice if they up and reversed their decision but it's not likely is it.

I really hope you weren't enjoying the game. While it's commendable to stand up and make a stand for something important, to sacrifice your fun because your robe doesn't look nice and the man didn't explain it well enough for you is a bit sad.

I think Khem Vhal runs around with high textures. And there's actually some pieces of armor out there that doesn't look half bad on medium. It's like we're running a mixture of high, medium, and low in the game right now which is super weird.