Standard and Weak enemies are NOT stunned during Master Strike. Thoroughly tested.

Lomerell

It does say it stuns. but it actually immobilizes the opponent so they cant move. but can still attack. They just need to change the tooltip on this skill so it says what it does. Master strike is fine. It does what it needs to do, just needs a tooltip update. It does this so ppl cant move out of range of the final strike.

PS sorry about my earlier rant, I coulda sworn it said immobilize last week. Mabe the patch changed it. or I was wrong.

Edited by warpass

For me it has always said 'stun', and also the ability stuns weak en standard enemies for me, but only during the animation/channel. If you do anything else, you break the channel and thus the stun as mentioned by others before on here.

However, it seems most people who have problems with this skill are sentinels (I myself am a Guardian). Maybe this Sentinel/Guardian Master Strike is something worth looking into.

Seriously nobody noticed source of this bug?

Debilitation

Effect without talent: stun on normal/weak

Expected efffect with talent: stun on normal/weak + immobilize on all OR stun on normal/weak + immobilize on others

Current effect with talent: immobilize on all

Video is currently processing (90%).

Will be available shortly at:

Disclaimers: I think I said the wrong name for Blade Storm throughout, calling it "Saber Storm" (irrelevant).

I probably quoted the wrong rank's damage of Master Strike. (Irrelevent.)

There are several points where my audio went gravelly. I edited some of these out, but lost patience with rerecording. It's just for a couple words but you can still understand me.

Regarding immobility during Master Strike

This is the result of 2/2 Debilitation Talent in the Combat tree, and even works on Strongs/Elites/Champions (and I assume Players).

The STUN portion of Master Strike is supposed to work sans talents on all normal/weak mobs. Period.

Go watch the video.

Edited by Lomerell

Seriously nobody noticed source of this bug?

Debilitation

Effect without talent: stun on normal/weak

Expected efffect with talent: stun on normal/weak + immobilize on all OR stun on normal/weak + immobilize on others

Current effect with talent: immobilize on all

That's what I figured when someone said immobilize.

It looks like only combat Sentinels with that talent are bugged.

Video is currently processing (90%).

Will be available shortly at:

Disclaimers: I think I said the wrong name for Blade Storm throughout, calling it "Saber Storm" (irrelevant).

I probably quoted the wrong rank's damage of Master Strike. (Irrelevent.)

There are several points where my audio went gravelly. I edited some of these out, but lost patience with rerecording. It's just for a couple words but you can still understand me.

Regarding immobility during Master Strike

This is the result of 2/2 Debilitation Talent in the Combat tree, and even works on Strongs/Elites/Champions (and I assume Players).

The STUN portion of Master Strike is supposed to work sans talents on all normal/weak mobs. Period.

Go watch the video.

The video is now live.

That's what I figured when someone said immobilize.

It looks like only combat Sentinels with that talent are bugged.

I have that talent (2/2) so I support this theory. Can a Sentinel without Debilitation comment?

I can resspec later but it seems a waste of cash.

The OP very explicitly explained and gave very explicit details and depictions of the bug he was talking about. It never ceases to amaze me how trolls love to try to pounce on someone in the forums when they have ligitimate issues.

Instead of reading and COMPREHENDING whatt the OP was saying , and not checking the facts of what he was saying for themselves, but yet still basically told him to shut up its working fine is simply what i've come to expect from the forums these days.

Kudos to you Lomerell for taking the time, and trouble of making a video to very clearly prove and show irrefutable proof that you did indeed test your bug before you came and posted on the topic.

I know there are a log of bugs in the game and its detailed, informative, and tested bug reports by people like you that make this game better and grab the attention of Devs to fix issues with the game.

I'm not flaming SWtOR, i love the game and i'm a huge star wars fan so i defineately want theis game to be a huge success for many years. On the other hand you cant be a fan boy and proclaim nothing is wrong when there clearly are issues.

Once again Lomerell thank you for your time and effort to showcase this issue.

I'm a sentinel watchman and it works for me. I watched the video and that is not what I am getting. I often use master strike on weak/standard enemies primarily because it does stun and prevent them from healing themselves, and this way I can finish them off in one move while they stand there wobbling.

That would be because it's a Combat Sentinel bug--- It looks like our 'Debilitation' talent is entirely REPLACING the stun, rather than adding on.

Edit: Combat Sentinel here to confirm it as well. It worked before I got to the top tiers of the combat tree, does not work now that I have debilitation and am using the ability on mobs in Ilum/Belsavis.

Edited by Kyromoo

I'm a sentinel watchman and it works for me. I watched the video and that is not what I am getting. I often use master strike on weak/standard enemies primarily because it does stun and prevent them from healing themselves, and this way I can finish them off in one move while they stand there wobbling.

This corroborates the idea that Debilitation is the culprit; as a Watchman you don't have this talent. (I was unaware of this theory before the video.)

I think since the talent directly affects Master Strike, something in the code for the talent must be wrong which switches off the stun ability in favor of Immobilize.

That's unfortunate if not serious...as I said in my OP, I think Sentinels (and Knights) have bigger problems, I just feel like the minor things add insult to injury. And small bugs can add up to greater effect: Death by a thousand cuts.

I have a lot of faith in Bioware for the long term, but they can't fix what they don't know, which is the point of both this thread and my video.

That said, if talents to improve abilities actually worsen them, it's going to be hard to succeed. Stun is a fairly easy thing to test; I'm no expert theorycrafter. I won't notice if most of my other talents don't work -- or worse, take me a step backwards.

The OP very explicitly explained and gave very explicit details and depictions of the bug he was talking about. It never ceases to amaze me how trolls love to try to pounce on someone in the forums when they have ligitimate issues.

No one "trolled" anyone. I wish people would stop overusing that word for everything, it makes you sound like a whiny child looking for a name to call people. All people did was post that the bug wasn't happening for them, and I pointed out one problem with a part of his testing.

As for the OP, good job.

Kudos to you Lomerell for taking the time, and trouble of making a video to very clearly prove and show irrefutable proof that you did indeed test your bug before you came and posted on the topic.

I agree with this 100% when i saw the video i thought, he clearly knew what he was talking about and people pretty much said working as intended to him without even really hearing him out

I agree with this 100% when i saw the video i thought, he clearly knew what he was talking about and people pretty much said working as intended to him without even really hearing him out

It is working as intended...

...if you're not a Combat Sentinel.

Bug was narrowed down, and I do apologize for calling the OP wrong, when he clearly wasn't.

No one "trolled" anyone. I wish people would stop overusing that word for everything, it makes you sound like a whiny child looking for a name to call people. All people did was post that the bug wasn't happening for them, and I pointed out one problem with a part of his testing.

As for the OP, good job.

I'm torn about this; as I said in the video, nobody outright insulted me. But to see something over and over -- as I said, basically every single pull -- and come post about it only to be told "you're wrong" with varying degrees of certainty...it was incredibly disheartening.

Some were more open-minded than others, stating instead, "I'm not seeing it." What was most irritating, though, were attempts to dismiss my observations as me not understanding the way interruptions, animations and damage work. It might not have been deliberately cruel, but how would you feel?

Granted, people here don't know what kind of player or worker I am, but in my own mind I'm a deliberate, methodical player with common sense. To be dismissed outright was ... unpleasant, even without malicious intent.

Trolls? Perhaps not. Patting me on the head like a confused child? "You're wrong sweetie." Roughly my experience, cruel or not. Certainly less than encouraging when (as you can see from the video) there was zero doubt in my mind....pull after bloody pull.

Thanks for your kind words in the end.

Off of the metatopic and back to the topic at hand:

I have updated the original post to include the "Debilitation" Talent theory as well as a link to the video.

Please continue to respond with your own experiences so we can corrobrate or disprove the Debilitation theory so the Devs can eventually find and correct the bug.

As I originally stated, it's minor compared to other issues facing our class, but every little belt hurts/helps.

As it is, I think I'm convinced to resspec out of Debilitation until this is fixed; nobody has yet specified whether Immobilize works in PvP (I assume that's the point of it) but I haven't done much PvP yet anyway.

I've seen confirmations on other threads that "Debilitation" is likely the culprit. The players were not specifically testing Debilitation, but respeccing from Combat to Watchman fixed the problem, which supports (not necessarily proves) that theory.

When I was leveling as Combat, I put 2 points into Debilitation and noticed what the OP mentioned, that my weak/standard mob targets that I would cast Master Strike on would not be stunned. In fact, they would continue shooting/swinging their vibroblades while I was channeling Master Strike. Fortunately, they wouldn't live very long, since Master Strike usually one-shotted them. Still, it was rather annoying.

Note: I did notice that targets I cast Master Strike on would not move while I was channeling this ability, so at least the talent worked for me in that regard. Unfortunately, Master Strike was not properly stunning the target (which I'd imagine is broken due to the Debilitation talent).

I can confirm this as a Combat Sentinel. I have 2/2 in Debilitation (restricts target's movement while master strike is channeled) and there is absolutely no stun effect.

Debilitation is meant to give Master Strike some viability in PVP. But removing it's PVE function by talenting into it is counterintuitive and broken. I am removing those talent points and just going to stop PVPing until various things are fixed.

I can confirm this as a Combat Sentinel. I have 2/2 in Debilitation (restricts target's movement while master strike is channeled) and there is absolutely no stun effect.

Debilitation is meant to give Master Strike some viability in PVP. But removing it's PVE function by talenting into it is counterintuitive and broken. I am removing those talent points and just going to stop PVPing until various things are fixed.

Thanks for additional confirmation about Debilitation.

I'm with you, while I have some interest in PvP (seemed like as good a place as any to dump two talent points) I'm running PvE dailies far more and I miss that stun versus trash.

Disappointing to have a "talent" make the ability worse.

• 2 weeks later...
Has this been acknowledged by anyone at BW? Master Strike has never stunned a single PvE enemy for me, and Debilitation has no effect either.

Has not been acknowledged by BW despite both this thread and an ingame ticket with a direct link to the video proof.

I have a lvl 26 Sentinel, and Master Strike has never really done anything much everytime I have used it, in fact I stopped using it ages ago, because it was not doing anything.

All I get is the casting bar come up on screen, with the timer, and then combat just carries on as normal, no stuns on weak mobs, and no dmg, so I stopped using it.

Tbh I thought it was just me, I thought I was doing something wrong, plus action bars go all screwed up alot of the time, sometimes cant even tell when skills have come off cooldown.

But after reading this thread, I am going to go back and have another look at it.

I can distinctly remember being very dissapointed in Master Strike when I first got it, It seemed like a big hitter skill, but its never done any big dmg for me, hence I stopped using it.

I am now getting very worried about my char choice :(