People who ninja for their companions

xhaiquan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro-tip, you can set master loot on world bosses. You should do that next time and give gear to those that actually do need it if the majority of the group things players come before companions.

Stopped at Pro Tip. makes you look like a lamer.

It's not a ninja if he can use it including the companion. Companions are part of the game so you might want to just get used to that fact. I know I won't hesitate even for a second to need on a item for my companions.

Then with your belief, I should PuG my way through dungeons and need everything, because, you know, my companions need it more than a player.

Edited by Narcrus

The number of people actualy defending this is amazing, makes me hate the avrg pugger a lot more and shows I can't trust the general community.

Needing for your companion when there is somone in the group who can use it on their charicter is ninja'ing. I don't care what crap deffinition you come up with for ninja'ing. Following some of the deffinitions given if somone rolls need on some loot that somone else could use and then vendors it he really didnt ninja it because hes using the money he got from it.

Needing for your companion when other players can use it for their PC is ninja'ing. Period.

Gaah. Another one of these threads.

Ninjaing for companions is still ninjaing.

Need > Need for companion > Greed.

Until this exact system is implement then technically he is not a ninja, the companion is a part of your character, it can be annoying or selfish, bit it just the way it is right now, and like some other person said we don't know the details of this particular case.

Maybe his companion participated in a fight and helped a lot and that assassin guy who most likely tanked that boss himself (because 3 agents most certainly didn't tank) felt entitled to roll on it.

Also keep in mind that this didn't happen in Flashpoint or an Operation, it was a world boss fight, totally different thing.

Too many things are unknown here to be able make a fair judgement.

Until this exact system is implement then technically he is not a ninja, the companion is a part of your character, it can be annoying or selfish, bit it just the way it is right now, and like some other person said we don't know the details of this particular case.

Maybe his companion participated in a fight and helped a lot and that assassin guy who most likely tanked that boss himself (because 3 agents most certainly didn't tank) felt entitled to roll on it.

Also keep in mind that this didn't happen in Flashpoint or an Operation, it was a world boss fight, totally different thing.

Too many things are unknown here to be able make a fair judgement.

There were 16 people in the raid, there is no way in hell that companion could have contributed to the fight, since your companion gets disbanded after four people are in the party.

The number of people actualy defending this is amazing, makes me hate the avrg pugger a lot more and shows I can't trust the general community.

Needing for your companion when there is somone in the group who can use it on their charicter is ninja'ing. I don't care what crap deffinition you come up with for ninja'ing. Following some of the deffinitions given if somone rolls need on some loot that somone else could use and then vendors it he really didnt ninja it because hes using the money he got from it.

Needing for your companion when other players can use it for their PC is ninja'ing. Period.

If it makes you feel better, there's a big difference between defending this on a forum and actually doing it in-game. You'll notice that none of the people defending it here are willing to post their server and character names. Also, I can count the number of times I've actually seen people do this in-game on 1 hand and have all 5 fingers left.

There were 16 people in the raid, there is no way in hell that companion could have contributed to the fight, since your companion gets disbanded after four people are in the party.

Alright, this i didn't know, it changes thing a lot honestly because it was just the four of them.

In this case, yes, he was really selfish to say the least, like i stated before i would have never done such a thing so i do not want anyone to misunderstand me.

But still that is how the system works for now, and companions are very important to some people (more than to others) so i still wouldnt call him a ninja and trash him, it would be better to explain to him that what he did was wrong and that if keeps doing that he will make people not like him very much, it would be more than enough for a normal person to apologize and not do it again.

Cheers!

But I somehow get the feeling that dude still won't get it. /Sigh

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they don't get it. It just means they don't agree with you. But I somehow get the feeling you still won't get it. /Sigh

Again: BioWare please make companion gear scale with the player's gear, or introduce companion only gear. As far as the former is concerned, bosses can drop some sort of appearance token for those who wish to change the look of their pets.

Nip this crap in the bud, please.

Edited by Shortwave

Say you ninja's played WoW, did you guys NEED on things for your OFFSPEC?

Offspec =/= companion

In addition wow =/= swtor. wow does not have companions that play with you and are fully gearable. wow has absolutely zero bearing on this discussion.

Edited by Marlaine

So since everyone gets companions that use the various combinations of stats by your logic everyone should roll need on everything.

You, sir, are the reason why I don't PuG.

In reality what you are concerned with is how the game was designed. Using a system the way it was designed and then calling me a ninja over it is troll logic. Works for some people I am sure.

Well lets see. I want the item for my companion which is completely doable in the game. The game also has a loot system for gearing such companion. But noooo, some "SELFISH" gamer has to make up some fairy tale land unwritten rule how it's unfair even though it is completely legit. I think you need to figure this stuff out. So whatever, come at me bro :D Edited by Paralassa
rude quote

But, again imo, virtually everything about companions stink.

Whereas I find companions the best part about this game. I liked them a lot in D2 and I'm sure happy to see them make an appearance in a mmo.

Clearly, one man's trash is another's treasure.

Offspec =/= companion

Indeed, needing for a companion is worse than offspec.

In wow you had 1 offspec, here you have 5 companions which are all different classes. This means that any ninja needing for companions can use that excuse for every drop.

Asking before needing an item is fine, needing for your pet when someone else in the group can use it is not, it will also get you kicked from groups and put on ignore lists.

Well lets see. I want the item for my companion which is completely doable in the game. The game also has a loot system for gearing such companion. But noooo, some "SELFISH" gamer has to make up some fairy tale land unwritten rule how it's unfair even though it is completely legit. I think you need to figure this stuff out. So whatever, come at me bro :D

Just because something is "legit" doesn't make it ethical. With that argument you remind me on one of those creepy 60 year old men who seek out 18 year old girls because it's legal.

You can't ninja through Need Before Greed unless an arrangement has been made prior regarding rolls. If everybody can Need and no one is instructed not to, then it is not possible to either forcibly take the item or gain it through an unfair advantage.

You can certainly argue that needing on an item when you don't need it makes you a *******, but obviously not everyone agrees on what qualifies as an actual "need".