Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

POLL!! Help Bioware AND yourself!

Sorrowsongg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your sample will only be of the message board people, and we all know their opinions already.

We all know their opinions?

Who is 'we' and 'their'?

You don't know my opinions on anything.

I don't know your opinions on anything.

How does everyone know everyone's opinion on everything?

Doesn't seem like your statement is very accurate.

Edit:

Souliris's Mini Statistics

Total Posts

How could anyone know your opinion on anything? You've never posted anything before this!

Edited by Zodnom

Did the survey, however as someone posted earlier you may get very skewed responses due to the sheer amount of hatred on these forums. I am curious how you will convey the results to BioWare and how the replies are shaping up to be right now.

Only thing that really annoys me in swtor is the ability delay that i encounter, may it be due to low fps or how their engine works, it's bad nonetheless. Of course it's their engine since low fps doesn't equal bad responsiveness in any other game.

Arenas and rated warzones? Seriously, there is a game called WoW. It already has those. How about coming up with some new, fresh ideas?

<edit> I liked the survey but it felt very unprofessional due to the insane amount of spelling errors. It also felt very biased towards what the one who wrote it felt was wrong with the game rather than the average person.

Edited by hulduet

Only thing that really annoys me in swtor is the ability delay that i encounter, may it be due to low fps or how their engine works, it's bad nonetheless. Of course it's their engine since low fps doesn't equal bad responsiveness in any other game.

Arenas and rated warzones? Seriously, there is a game called WoW. It already has those. How about coming up with some new, fresh ideas?

<edit> I liked the survey but it felt very unprofessional due to the insane amount of spelling errors. It also felt very biased towards what the one who wrote it felt was wrong with the game rather than the average person.

Not intended as a flame; the person is european and I assume english isn't his/her first language, I thought they did very well. And of course it's not professional and is biased... he/she doesn't work for bioware, they are a customer setting an example.

If you have time and desire to put in the effort of reading all of the whining posts here to get a more comprehensive bug list to vote on .. get to work, otherwise don't throw stones at an effort that wasn't a requirement.

Hi, english is not my native language so yes many spelling mistakes im sure :rolleyes:

I brought up Arenas and Rated PvP as there are a fair amount of posts on the forum about them so good to know what folks actually think

Cheers

//Kamasuthra

How about coming up with some new, fresh ideas?

<edit> . . . the survey . . . felt very unprofessional due to the insane amount of spelling errors.

What, because she failed to mimic with quantum precision your thoughts about the matter? Do you understand the concept, "survey" (gathering conclusions & opinions from as many people as possible)?

It also felt very biased towards what the one who wrote it felt was wrong with the game rather than the average person.

So it wouldn't be biased if it slanted toward what you "felt" (thought?) is wrong with the game? Or else why the complaint? Your judgments just might not represent "the average person" either. How would we know? Refer to above concept, "survey."

Your criticisms are unwarranted. OP went to no small amount of trouble and put together a relevant and useful instrument.

Good points, very nice effort with this survey, hopefully the results will indicate some roadmap...

Some remarks:

1) Only PvE and PvP servers are mentioned. I am on RP server.

2) What is this about? "Adding a "two target system" where you can heal a target and attack that targets target if using an offensive ability".

Never heard about this before. *Puzzled.

3) Mouseover healing: I'd rather have some keybindings to target player's companion, or mouseover targeting (healing companions is almost impossible now).

4) Where is "oh so wanted dungeon finder" in the list, or at least improvements to the current LFG system? I hope the x-server dungeon finder won't be implemented, but large part of the community really wants it. It will be fair to count votes.

4) Where is "oh so wanted dungeon finder" in the list, or at least improvements to the current LFG system? I hope the x-server dungeon finder won't be implemented, but large part of the community really wants it. It will be fair to count votes.

That was the ONLY item I was looking for to put VERY IMPORTANT... and... well.. it wasn't there.. boo =(

Erg... despite my feelings that the majority of "amateur" polls are utter crap, I felt the desire to check this one out. Some meta-feedback on the poll:

1) This poll adheres to the "Thou shalt have one main and one alt, no more, no less" commandment that seems to be viral in the MMO communities. I don't have a main. I play several different classes. This isn't so much a complaint against the fact that the poll doesn't cater to my whims, so much as a note to say that your poll missed a valuable data point and that this idea of "Thou shalt main or die" is what has driven me away from MMOs in the past.

2) WHAT IS A QUE? Please, someone, anyone... Dictionaries are your friends.

3) I felt the majority of the survey was pointless, as I answered 'PvE' to question 3 and the majority of the survey was tailored to PvP players, to the point of glossing over PvE issues while presenting PvP issues in pointless detail. Example: CC/PvP gets its own question, while PvE quest collisions (aka: chest-stealing) are simply ignored.

Not a horrible survey, but... well, it was what I expected.

Though I did expect that someone might figure out how to spell 'queue'.

Not a bad poll. I look forward to the results.

I wish Bioware would do one of their own, but game companies don't do that. EQ did once upon a time, I think. I guess they prefer looking at their own data of what players are actually doing in the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.