I'm level 19, and I have 26 spells.

Ouspensky

The best way for me is to rebind A and D to strafes and use Q E R Z X C V F 1 2 3 4 5 alt+Q alt+E alt+W alt+2 for skills, it works good with a Logitech G5 mouse where i have 7 more buttons to bind. I dont use 7 8 9 0 - = at all. Edited by Mogyoon

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way for me is to rebind A and D to strafes and use Q E R Z X C V F 1 2 3 4 5 alt+Q alt+E alt+W alt+2 for skills, it works good with a Logitech G5 mouse where i have 7 more buttons to bind. I dont use 7 8 9 0 - = at all.

So now we have to purchase extra equipment on top of NEW PCs because the game has a ton of memory leaks? Not cool..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =

R T F C V

All I need.

And Q,E, Mouse Mid, Mouse 5, Mouse 4, Shift+Mouse 4,Mouse5, Shift+2,3,4,5, Shift+Q,E,R,T,F,G,C,V

And i've still run out of keybinds on my Assassin and BH, they really need to let us bind ` and \ .

Edited by Kilarn

And Q,E, Mouse Mid, Mouse 5, Mouse 4, Shift+Mouse 4,Mouse5, Shift+2,3,4,5, Shift+Q,E,R,T,F,G,C,V

And i've still run out of keybinds on my Assassin and BH, they really need to let us bind ` and \ .

How? I play an assassin tank and have no problem. I posted my keybinds earlier in this thread. They are pretty simple and all in reach of wasd and give you up to 36 keybinds

as an assassin I use only about 30 keybinds though. I think there is 6 abilities in my usual rotation the rest being things like sprint.. interupt... breaking out of stuns.. situational but on hand.

Edited by corbanite

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =

R T F C V

All I need.

And Q,E,R,T, Mouse Mid, Mouse 5, Mouse 4, Shift+Mouse 4,Mouse5, Shift+2,3,4,5, Shift+Q,E,R,T,F,G,C,V

Oh god...Proof positive that some people are just really BAD at mmo's and require in depth macro systems and addons because their brains cant cope with SO MANY SKILLZ!

All I read is:

"SWTOR needs macros like Rift so I can put all my skills on 1 button so I can pwn newbz and get phat lewtz. Too many skillz in this game, any good player only needs 2 buttons!"

So now we have to purchase extra equipment on top of NEW PCs because the game has a ton of memory leaks? Not cool..

Why exactly do you even play SWTOR? Every post you make is about how much you hate the game and how bad you are at it. And how it doesnt run on your commodore 64.

Seriously...Why do you play/post if the game is really as bad as you make it out to be? Why not just go back to WOW where the grass is much greener?

That's 26 individual keybindings that I need be cognizant of and somehow work into a rotation just to take out silver mob. I can only imagine it gets even worse at higher levels.

I think "convoluted" is the word I'm looking for.

ACTUALLY, you don't have 26 spells you HAVE to be paying attention to.

Playing for your AC means you can drop probably half of those that really are best for the OTHER AC of your class. Then you can determine priority and play style and drop a few more that you won't use in particular.

But yes, they do give out a lot of spells.

I'm a lvl 50 Tankassin.

When soloing dailys I use 3-5 abilities.

When tanking for a group I use 15+ abilities.

When PvPing I have at least 30 abilities that I use more than once / WZ. Not counting classbuff, sprint or fortitude stim that I click upon spawning.

I have 1,2,3,4,q,e,r,f,z,x,c,v all those with shift modifier and all those with alt modifier.

Do I mind having 36 keybinds that I use? No.

Do I love the fact that I have 36 keybound abilities that I find use for in PvP? Yes.

If I find myself 1v1 with another lvl 50 Tankassin I know that if I use my abilities smarter than him, I win.

If I only had to use 3-5 abilities in PvP and found myself in a 1v1 with another Tankassin or Shadowtank I'd win if I had the better gear, lose if I didn't, every time.

Reading some of the comments here from people saying stuff like "You only need 6 abilities in this game" makes me realize why I seem to win at least 90% of the 1v1 fights I find myself in and more often than not 1v2 fights.

TL/DR

Yes, this game has a lot of viable abilities to use. That is a good thing.

//Champion Qui-Thala Haera | Lvl 50 Assassin 25/0/16

Grand Theft Stardestoyer | EU Frostclaw

That's 26 individual keybindings that I need be cognizant of and somehow work into a rotation just to take out silver mob. I can only imagine it gets even worse at higher levels.

I've got a 44 Jedi Knight with the same problem. A lot of my abilities are just plan redundant. I'm all about having a dynamic rotation with no predetermined order, but this just feels like an attempt to entice players with an excessive amount of abilities.

I've actually surrendered my keybinds in this game and gone back to clicking, but that's largely because over the last few weeks the ability delay bug has spread across my hotbars like a virus and decided to take up residence primarily on Cauterize with my Jedi Sentinel. Clicking slows me down and at least I have a better then 1 in 2 chance of the ability firing properly in my opening rotation.

I won't be doing anything competitive, but at least I can function now.

That said, this game has a serious ability bloat issue that reeks of hunters in WoW. Blizzard has steadily removed or merged abilities for the class since day one, and that is, I suspect, where at least the Jedi Knight is headed. There simply are things I never touch, particularly since I don't PvP.

Yeah there's serious ability bloat in SWTOR.

To a certain degree (a very large degree in fact) this is better than the 1 button macro MMOs out there, but equally when you're using a gaming keyboard and are still running out of keybinds for abilities you use in most fights..... well.... you know that is actually a problem.

What makes it worse are abilities that are vital in PvE, but don't work at all in PvP, which is a senseless design strategy IMO.

psh.

I play a healing operative and use 29 spells.

12 on my razor 1-6, shift 1-6, e, q, shift e, shift q, shift space bar.

Works just fine.