I take it that NVIDIA users are enjoying this game more than ATI / AMD users?

JepFareborn

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually:

2x EVGA GeForce GTX 460 FPB in Sli

4x Crucial 1 GB Ballistix DDR2 PC2-8500

Intel Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz

Windows 7 64

30-40 FPS world

10-20 FPS Fleet

Truely sucks on bobo.

have you tried disabling the sli completly ie removing the bridge.

With my old computer SLI some times made games worse.

Ummm....since nVIDIA's card on Win7 causes "dribbling" (the reader jumps back and forth from the card to the page file for no particular reason, causing the card to reset after two seconds), and I switched to AMD, can't report one problem. Sorry.

Too bad for you but mine hits in the 90's.

But please go on how you think you know everything.

hits 90s onboard your ship? and gets into the 20s in a warzone im guessing lol.

I have an asus gtx 260 216sp, 110fps on a ship, 50fps in fleet, 20-30fps in a warzone.

Im also running an amd 960t 3ghz quad, 1600mhz 8gig ram on a 990FXA board. For whatever reason, a gtx 260 will run this game like crap. I think its probably a driver issue.

On a 6970 average 50 FPS

On a Nvidia GTX 260 average 90 FPS.

Yeah.

I have a GTX 460 and my FPS is way lower then 90. So bad I can't even do battle grounds. My video settings are low, shadows off and the tree grass slidders are at about 20%

4 gigs of ram, and a AMD dual core processor. What is my problem? What is slowing me down so much? Must be something I can change to improve performance. Lord knows I can't get anymore out of my card. Got it to full performance.

I've run both sides of the fence and I'm not really a die hard of either camp. I've had my fair share of problems - including bad drivers - on both sides of the fence. Some cards, regardless of who makes them, are just plain bad for certain things (or just plain bad period). It happens, people learn to stay away from those cards and the companies push out a new one. Life goes on.

I am currently running an AMD Phenom II x4 with a single HD 6850 and have absolutely no issues at all and run 50+ FPS (All High Settings) without breaking a sweat at stock settings, and better when I run it with OC settings. While one may have a superior product over the other, I've picked what fits my budget and will provide the max performance on said budget, as well as having shown some longevity. I buy upgrades based on how it performs with what I'm playing and only upgrade as needed when needed.

I also find it rather amusing that there are as many people in here with Nvidia having issues as there are AMD ... and the ones claiming that AMD doesn't cut it in the game, are currently playing with Nvidia cards.

Edited by Songweaver

Are you guys just lying horrifically?

I have a 5870 and my best friend has a 6970... he runs at an average of around 90fps and I run at an average of 60. We haven't had a single graphical issue even once throughout are play and we both run on the highest possible settings with shadows on etc etc.

ATI cards have much higher performance than there NVidia counterparts now, look at any high end tech review site (bit-tech does quite a lot of good reviews) or even any of the low end ones and you'll see that the performance is better with comparative ATI cards.

The cards posted in the OP are absolute garbage and are at the true low end of the ability to run the game scale.

Try running the Witcher2 with everything on Ultra... if it runs smooth you have a system which should run this game fine.

question guys im dont know much about computers is my video card decent? its a ati hd 5870

Yup. Same as mine and it's more powerful than a lot of the cards on the market now. The 6970 is the direct upgrade of the GPU. The 5970 is better, as is the 6970, 6990 and upcoming 7970, but that card will run this absolutely perfect no problems. If you have problems it's not with the card (maybe the drivers).

Obviously my Nvidia card gave me way smoother performance. But the ATI card is supposed to be superior.

Nope. The 9600 GT is slightly better than the ATI 4670.

Don't know where you got your info from. Neither was a top gaming card back in 2009 when they were released, regardless. They're the budget versions of each vendor's flagship model... a big step up from an integrated graphics card for people on a budget, yet not for serious gamers.

Although, for a short window of time, I recall that SLIing two 9600 GTs together was the best bang for your buck. That time has sadly passed.

Edited by Daemonjax

I also find it rather amusing that there are as many people in here with Nvidia having issues as there are AMD ... and the ones claiming that AMD doesn't cut it in the game, are currently playing with Nvidia cards.

I'm running AMD with nvidia SLI, and have no problems.

Framerate was a little weak when i was running a core2 quad and 1 card last week. But, I think it was due more to the outdated/worn out mobo and ddr2 ram that I had than the processor video card.

Are you guys just lying horrifically?

I have a 5870 and my best friend has a 6970... he runs at an average of around 90fps and I run at an average of 60. We haven't had a single graphical issue even once throughout are play and we both run on the highest possible settings with shadows on etc etc.

ATI cards have much higher performance than there NVidia counterparts now, look at any high end tech review site (bit-tech does quite a lot of good reviews) or even any of the low end ones and you'll see that the performance is better with comparative ATI cards.

The cards posted in the OP are absolute garbage and are at the true low end of the ability to run the game scale.

Try running the Witcher2 with everything on Ultra... if it runs smooth you have a system which should run this game fine.

Do you have your v-sync on? Can you or is your 5870 oc'ed?

I have my 5870 oc'ed to 900/1300 with no v-sync, and altho my FPS definitely fluctuates, 60 is usually my low end.

To the person who asked about their 5870....YES, it's a great card. A little long in the tooth now, but set the bar when they came out.

Edited by Skoobie

6870 here. Ive got VSync on with a 60HZ screen, Ive never dropped below 30 even when I had AA forced on(which I turned back off because it causes extreme camera turning lag, not FPS drops). Cant tell what my average FPS would be without VSync, but I honestly dont give a damn as long as its 30.

Exact same boat here.

I like the comment where Nvidia "is better and always has been" which is just a pure lie. Stop being such a fanboi. Sometimes AMD/ATI is faster, and at othertimes Nvidia is on top. and really people are quick to forget the 400 series cards, which were hotter and much more expensive than the 5000 series cards with only slight performance gains. The 500 series cards are faster than the 6000 series cards, but they are also much more expensive.

Add in now the 7970 and you see that the GPU race has always been a back and forth competition. I buy the best performing (while also being cost effective) GPU of the generation, be it Nvidia or ATI, and that is what any rational person should do. If it works well, it works well, be it green or red.

Oh and the drivers for both companies suck. Always have and always will. Case and point, some games run better on nvidia and others run better on ATI, and some run terrible on both.

Hmm same...6950 get decent fps but expect better. Haven't had issues on any other games tho. Anyone else with a 6950 care to chime in?

Amd Phenom II X4 965 OC to 3,8 Ghz

Amd Gigabyte 6850 OC 1200/900

I have no trouble at all, but i always keep my computer fresh and clean from viruses.

And i never have 1 trillion different programs on starting on startup.

I have never had any trouble, infact my brother who has Intel and Nvidia seem to have more problem... Alot more. But i think it has to do with how you handle your computer.

If you keep it down it will stay down, keep it fresh and clean it will be like new for a very long time.

I Always go for AMD and ATI (AMD) Both cpu and gpu. Not only is it really good, but having some of the Intel cpu's is overkill, and unessesary.

Amd offer good price's, good stability, good performance and great service.

What more can i ask for?

And... Monopoly is bad. Imagine everybody going Nvidia and Intel, both Intel and Nvidia would start give us less for more money, that's why competition is good. It's also a reason i am giving my money to AMD.

Do you have your v-sync on? Can you or is your 5870 oc'ed?

I have my 5870 oc'ed to 900/1300 with no v-sync, and altho my FPS definitely fluctuates, 60 is usually my low end.

To the person who asked about their 5870....YES, it's a great card. A little long in the tooth now, but set the bar when they came out.

Not OC'd, just a basic 2 year old 5870 :p

I don't think i've seen my FPS move anywhere outside of 60 - 90fps, so my "60fps average" comment was just me being boring and lazy because it's usually around 60fps.

V-sync not sure as I put it to a setting 2 years ago and haven't changed it but I think it's off. My friends 6970 was doing about 110 - 130fps for a good long while in Korriban, just silly.

6870 here. Ive got VSync on with a 60HZ screen, Ive never dropped below 30 even when I had AA forced on(which I turned back off because it causes extreme camera turning lag, not FPS drops). Cant tell what my average FPS would be without VSync, but I honestly dont give a damn as long as its 30.

Use ATI Tray Tools and force triple buffering with your vsync.

That'll get you some more fps by letting your video card work harder.

You never want to run vsync without triple buffering, and you can't do that with CCC for D3D games... you have to use something like ATI Tray Tool, RadeonPro, or D3DOverrider (comes with Rivatuner).

Same goes for NVidia cards.

Edited by Daemonjax