I take it that NVIDIA users are enjoying this game more than ATI / AMD users?

JepFareborn

I went AMD and Nvidia this time around. I consider it the best of both worlds. :D

Especially since I can get greater performance for my dollar out of AMD than I can Intel. Seriously, Intel wants 200+ for a quad core, and I got a 6 core AMD for 150.

yeah, Buying an Intel right now is like buying Hilfiger slacks over Duckies.

Honestly I used to buy AMD but Intel is far better. Thier quad will out perform the AMD 6 in games and practical aplications. It costs more because its better. sometimes the raw numbers on the back of the box are misleading

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sure nvidia users enjoy all games more than ati users, after all nvidia has always and will always be better. same with intel over amd. Just go intel and nvidia and ull never be dissapointed

I've alternated between intel/nvidia and amd/ati (now amd/amd) with every rig I've built, based solely on which was really better at the time I was building. They play leapfrog when it comes to performance, and at this point in time amd/amd is ahead.

If you are using ATI I feel bad for you.

I ahve tried their cards over the years and they just cant compete with nvidia on a card to card level.

Nvidia's are just better, thats all there is to it.

Also:

GTX 275

6 gigs ram

975 extreme i7

60 fps all the way with vert sync forced through nvidia.

Fleet my fps drops big time but thats because bioware chose a bad engine that they cant optimize. So in that case I blame them not my card.

Edited by Barracudastr

6950 i get decent fps... but i expect A LOT better fps performance. res 1920x1080.

Exact same boat here.

I like the comment where Nvidia "is better and always has been" which is just a pure lie. Stop being such a fanboi. Sometimes AMD/ATI is faster, and at othertimes Nvidia is on top. and really people are quick to forget the 400 series cards, which were hotter and much more expensive than the 5000 series cards with only slight performance gains. The 500 series cards are faster than the 6000 series cards, but they are also much more expensive.

Add in now the 7970 and you see that the GPU race has always been a back and forth competition. I buy the best performing (while also being cost effective) GPU of the generation, be it Nvidia or ATI, and that is what any rational person should do. If it works well, it works well, be it green or red.

Oh and the drivers for both companies suck. Always have and always will. Case and point, some games run better on nvidia and others run better on ATI, and some run terrible on both.

Exact same boat here.

I like the comment where Nvidia "is better and always has been" which is just a pure lie. Stop being such a fanboi. Sometimes AMD/ATI is faster, and at othertimes Nvidia is on top. and really people are quick to forget the 400 series cards, which were hotter and much more expensive than the 5000 series cards with only slight performance gains. The 500 series cards are faster than the 6000 series cards, but they are also much more expensive.

Add in now the 7970 and you see that the GPU race has always been a back and forth competition. I buy the best performing (while also being cost effective) GPU of the generation, be it Nvidia or ATI, and that is what any rational person should do. If it works well, it works well, be it green or red.

Oh and the drivers for both companies suck. Always have and always will. Case and point, some games run better on nvidia and others run better on ATI, and some run terrible on both.

I've never had any problems with Nvidia drivers. The catalyst drivers, on the other hand...

Not really. I get the dreaded black screen of death (but can still hear audio/etc) and no one even knows how to fix this problem except underclocking the card (9800gt).

Other than that, the only thing preventing me from enjoying the game is the RAM. The mobo that I have is THE worst mobo I've ever had and it happens to be the first Intel I've owned since the 166mhz (4CoreDual-SATA2, Q6600 2.4ghz).

On an AMD board, I've NEVER had problem upgrading RAM or even had an issue with the PCI-E link speed but this mobo falsified the x16 support (it's 4x) and does not support RAM above 2GB. Don't get me wrong, I didn't intentionally buy this, it was given to me and I make do w/ what I have.

The big issue with TOR performance seems to revolve around memory but instead of addressing the problem, the developers just blame it on people's machines. Well it's not our fault that they didn't include a view distance slider which greatly improves performance for many cards.

Edited by coffeerox

I've been reading a lot of threads concerning horrible frame rate issues vs. game engine blame on decent gaming rigs. I've got a BioStar ATI Radeon HD 4670 & a Sparkle NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT. Obviously my Nvidia card gave me way smoother performance. But the ATI card is supposed to be superior. So I take it that any upcoming new driver release will not resolve anything? Only game engine tweak patch?

9600 GT is a bit faster than the 4670 actually. The 4670 is on par with the 9600 GSO, which is the card down from the 9600 GT.

Honestly I used to buy AMD but Intel is far better. Thier quad will out perform the AMD 6 in games and practical aplications. It costs more because its better. sometimes the raw numbers on the back of the box are misleading

I think "Far Better" is a stretch. I don't hold much to Futuremark. I also, in my opinon, don't see a significant difference in 40fps over 60fps, and can't tell a difference at all between 60 and 110. I honestly doubt many, if any can. I'm sure they say they can. But I don't buy it.

So, spend less for the same noticeable difference, or spend more for no difference that I can determine? Hmm, tough one.

Intel may be better, but not enough to justify it's cost..."for me".

pretty sure nvidia users enjoy all games more than ati users, after all nvidia has always and will always be better. same with intel over amd. Just go intel and nvidia and ull never be dissapointed

Yes Nvidia will always be better - except for the past few years maybe.

With AMD having the fastest card for the past 2 years and currently having the fastest dual and single gpu, I'm sure most ATI users aren't feeling any disappointment.

Yes Nvidia will always be better - except for the past few years maybe.

With AMD having the fastest card for the past 2 years and currently having the fastest dual and single gpu, I'm sure most ATI users aren't feeling any disappointment.

The mars 2 is faster than any 6990 i know of, and the 580 up until this month was the fastest single GPU... AMD only has the title off fastest single GPU card, and this is the first time they have had that in a while. The 500 series dominated in terms of speed, but they were also pricier.

my framerates are usually between 40-70

AMD phenom ii x6 1090t OC'd to 4ghz, with corsair h50 cooling

gigabyte 890fx ud5 motherboard

8g gksillz ddr3 1600mhz at 6,8,6-24

2 HD 5850's in crossfire (soon to be upgraded to 7970's)

2 128g crucial c300 sata3.0 SSD's (one for OS, one for games)

40" Toshiba LCD, 1080p, 120hz referesh

The mars 2 is faster than any 6990 i know of, and the 580 up until this month was the fastest single GPU... AMD only has the title off fastest single GPU card, and this is the first time they have had that in a while. The 500 series dominated in terms of speed, but they were also pricier.

Mars II isn't a real production card it's a 1000 unit showoff card. AMD could easily make a quad 6990 and blow it away, a quad 580 would drain all the power in the US.

AMD had the fastest single gpu card 18 months ago - the 5870. They've been fastest card overall since 2009 with the 5970 then the 6990.

The sad truth of it comes to light when you consider that AMD's dual-gpu cards consume less power than Nvidia's single-gpu cards, and are usually only half the (chip) size.

Nvidia is rubbish and has been for ages. Now the 7970 dominates, the 7950 will be out in 2 weeks followed soon by the monster 7990 and Nvidia won't have a new card for months. AMD will have 4/5 of the top fastest cards soon - 7990, 6990, 7970 and 7950 with Nvidia only having the 590 in the top 5. It's embarrassing.

ATI Radeon normally holds the benchmark and performance records over NVIDIA by massive amounts they really put in the extra effort to stay top dog but with more system demands.

First one of the only issue you could have with ATI is the drivers update a lot more often and it's not automatic update and install like the NVIDIA so you have to do some work on your own. NVIDIA tries to make that aspect more user friendly so you never have to contact them with questions because they lack effort in their customer care department.

Second ATI normally generates a lot more heat so make sure you have the proper cooling for the cards you are running to keep them running at high speeds.

Last make sure you are running a proper power supply ATI is built more for high end gamers and people who know more about computers so they assume more on the fact that if you are using their cards you have the proper power supply and cooling already to handle them…NVIDIA is more any user friendly/ plug and play , normally generates less heat and less power consumption but operates on a lower lvl as to not over tax themselves on any system plugged into.

P.S ATI is also designed to be pushed and over clocked/ record break outside of its base model without cooking up and operate smooth at those lvls in fact its in the user interface to make it more user friendly, NVIDIA if you do the same or try to take it outside of factory spec you will more than likely fry your cards or short your system in the long run.

Edited by midnightstar