6 easy fixes to make the game better.

wifeaggro

1). Reduce repair costs or make repairing a crafting trade. At end game the general player doing hard modes can easily spend 150 k learning the boss mechanics . that is an obscene money sink considering you already have several others. It discourages people from doing content and encourages exploits.Personal repair droids would go along way you should not have to sit through 3 or 4 load screens just to repair.

2). Please give us a fast travel shuttle to our personal ship.

3). Chat bubbles would go miles too right now trying to communicate with anyone outside of a group or guild is tedious and mind numbing. not having them really discourages the community on the whole.

4).Open up all the flash points to lvl 50 normal mode and give them Daily commendation currency upon completion. currently there is not enough content for lvl 50's to do for the Ilum items. lock outs if your worried about rate of obtainment.

5).Unlock the war zones and let us pick. tier them so lower lvls enjoy them.

6). for gods sake get AA and option to run high res pacs ouutside of cutscenes your reputation as a devolper is getting slaughtered with the double speak.

You should just rename this

"6 easy fixes to make SWTOR WoW"

Why would this be a bad thing?

WoW has been the top dog for 7 years now, it's pretty clear Blizzard is doing something right.

To willingly ignore a suggestion because it makes the game more like WoW just makes no sense.

Why would this be a bad thing?

WoW has been the top dog for 7 years now, it's pretty clear Blizzard is doing something right.

To willingly ignore a suggestion because it makes the game more like WoW just makes no sense.

There are people who have never played or tried any other MMORPG than WoW. People live in the 'village' there and believe there is no MMO.

Entering a game with a negative attitude about the game has already determined its outcome in your books.

1). Reduce repair costs or make repairing a crafting trade. At end game the general player doing hard modes can easily spend 150 k learning the boss mechanics . that is an obscene money sink considering you already have several others. It discourages people from doing content and encourages exploits.Personal repair droids would go along way you should not have to sit through 3 or 4 load screens just to repair.

2). Please give us a fast travel shuttle to our personal ship.

3). Chat bubbles would go miles too right now trying to communicate with anyone outside of a group or guild is tedious and mind numbing. not having them really discourages the community on the whole.

4).Open up all the flash points to lvl 50 normal mode and give them Daily commendation currency upon completion. currently there is not enough content for lvl 50's to do for the Ilum items. lock outs if your worried about rate of obtainment.

5).Unlock the war zones and let us pick. tier them so lower lvls enjoy them.

6). for gods sake get AA and option to run high res pacs ouutside of cutscenes your reputation as a devolper is getting slaughtered with the double speak.

There are people who have never played or tried any other MMORPG than WoW. People live in the 'village' there and believe there is no MMO.

Entering a game with a negative attitude about the game has already determined its outcome in your books.

The reason they don't try other MMOs is because they don't need to - WoW is far and away the best and most of the others are terrible, which is why they only attract a niche audience.

This.

I personally still consider WoW not even ranking in the top 5 of MMOs.

Hell, i play freaking Text Based MMOs that are better.

And to the OP.

Those ideas arent that amazing...

2 of them at least have already been said are going to be in the PvP New Year patch.

AA doesnt make a game, it doesnt bother me either way or not, nor many other people.

Its just a load of crap.

Who cares if this game is like WoW or not?

What it has done, is actually use qualities of WoW which make it community friendly and to me, a more progressive game while neglecting certain features that split the community, LFG tool im looking at you here.

WoW is the biggest, yeah sure. That doesnt make it the best.

Edit.

To address point 1. Directly.

Please no. Oh good god, its taking people numerous tries to work out strategies to take down a raid? Its the start of a brand new game, what do you expect?

It cant all be like Ruby Sanctum. Learning how to take down the raids during the TESTING realm in 2 tries.

Thats one of the major problems with wow.

It started off alright with raiding, it took off ok after the patching of Vanilla WoW, it was mildly difficult to get top tier PvE stuff from raids.

Then from WOTLK they just dumbed it down and made it so you could figure it out without having a challenge.

Edited by Anthonytats

Nice topic

And agree, My thoughts

1/ Inject Life into the NPC give them some pathing routes and a few spoken words I dont care if its the same actors

2/ Make everything Linkable in Chat- Crafting skill, Abilities everything

3/ Removed the travelling between Zones/Planets- the walking then 4 loading screen is just awful

4/ Pingable Mini Map people can see what you want

5/ Speeder speed is way to slow- and the run 35% you get at around lvl 14 is just an after thought IMO, Make that the nornal speed, then 1st mount 60% then 100% then 150% its Starwars I hate moving about like a snail.

6/ Some abilities seem to be the wrong way around, Abilities with cast times are boring-instant cast with cool down are more fun % can be managed, most of my Trooper Attacks are cast or channelled after and that's dull

Edited by Santium

BioWare has a pretty good reason on why to not allow you to run the game at the highest settings. I don't know why people obsess over graphics so much - gameplay is a lot more important, and heck, even on Low, ToR looks leaps and bounds better then WoW does.

For #1, I disagree. The game needs a credit sink, if you find ways to remove it, you end up with the economy eventually tumbling into insanity as the max level players amass wealth until credits are just pointless.

#5 probably stems from all the Huttball, right? You know, the reason why you get Huttball is because there's probably about 8 Empire players to every 1 Republic right? And Huttball is the only WZ that can do same faction combat - so as a result, it pops up a lot. To make the other ones really appear more, you'll have to hope more people play Republic.

Nice topic

And agree, My thoughts

1/ Inject Life into the NPC give them some pathing routes and a few spoken words I dont care if its the same actors

2/ Make everything Linkable in Chat- Crafting skill, Abilities everything

3/ Removed the travelling between Zones/Planets- the walking then 4 loading screen is just awful

4/ Pingable Mini Map people can see what you want

5/ Speeder speed is way to slow- and the run 35% you get at around lvl 14 is just an after thought IMO, Make that the nornal speed, then 1st mount 60% then 100% then 150% its Starwars I hate moving about like a snail.

6/ Some abilities seem to be the wrong way around, Abilities with cast times are boring-instant cast with cool down are more fun % can be managed, most of my Trooper Attacks are cast or channelled after and that's dull

The game actually already has #1. I've heard NPCs discuss things when I've walked by. You can cause them to say it by right-clicking some of them as well.

I can't comment on #5, as I'm level 36, unlocked Legacy and haven't even bought speeder training as I consider it a luxury. You get around fast enough using Sprint in this game, and the world's aren't so large that it takes that long to get around.

Out of order, but #4 doesn't sound like a bad idea really. But I wouldn't consider it a very high priority thing, it's handy and all that, but not required.

This.

I personally still consider WoW not even ranking in the top 5 of MMOs.

Hell, i play freaking Text Based MMOs that are better.

And to the OP.

Those ideas arent that amazing...

2 of them at least have already been said are going to be in the PvP New Year patch.

AA doesnt make a game, it doesnt bother me either way or not, nor many other people.

Its just a load of crap.

Who cares if this game is like WoW or not?

What it has done, is actually use qualities of WoW which make it community friendly and to me, a more progressive game while neglecting certain features that split the community, LFG tool im looking at you here.

WoW is the biggest, yeah sure. That doesnt make it the best.

Edit.

To address point 1. Directly.

Please no. Oh good god, its taking people numerous tries to work out strategies to take down a raid? Its the start of a brand new game, what do you expect?

It cant all be like Ruby Sanctum. Learning how to take down the raids during the TESTING realm in 2 tries.

Thats one of the major problems with wow.

It started off alright with raiding, it took off ok after the patching of Vanilla WoW, it was mildly difficult to get top tier PvE stuff from raids.

Then from WOTLK they just dumbed it down and made it so you could figure it out without having a challenge.

No one was saying they are amazing they are simple fixes. and hadmodes for the general player who has less then 3 hours a day is gonna have a hard time trying to keep up with his repair bills. I never siad the hardmodes should be nerfed, made less buggy yes right now they are pretty damn buggy. they could likely tune them up after bugs are gone.

Hello everyone,

We appreciate the time and effort you put into creating this thread and want you to know that we read these types of discussions regularly! We do ask, however, that this type of conversation be kept to this thread where a large compilation of suggestions has already been made and the community is regularly discussing their thoughts on the list.

We will be closing this thread but encourage you to participate in the other. This allows us to keep the forums tidy and the community suggestion compilation discussion to one convenient location.