Why do healers get MVP?

Gestas

You need more than healing to win any match. You need good damage, good team work, and people who will go after objectives.

So I don't think it's good practice to just mindlessly vote MVP for the best healers.

Edited by Gestas

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It def doesn't work that way, when I heal someone with full health even if its for 5k I don't get either the 2.5k or the 5k medal and it certainly doesn't count toward the overall healing medals. Also, were you under the impression that MVP votes mattered in any way at all? Because they don't... Medals do, however.

When I overheal myself with a med-pack, it doesn't award me the 2.5k single heal medal. I think you may be wrong, but I'll wait for a real healer to come in and confirm.

Wouldn't a healer be biased though? I mean, of course the healers want to be voted MVP.... of course the healers will be pro "MVP to best healer."

Edited by Gestas

It probably doesn't work on yourself..

But he wasn't healing himself in this situation. He was healing me. And it did in fact work because were with each other the entire match and he had the highest healing score.

Well as a healer I do not think you are in a position to judge if this is happening or not, most likely hes been healing others to achieve this. or simply converting health to energy and healing himself.

Also, were you under the impression that MVP votes mattered in any way at all?

Uh, if you want MVP it does; and MVPs get more experience.

Well as a healer I do not think you are in a position to judge if this is happening or not

People mindlessly vote the healers as MVP all the time.

Edited by Gestas

A lot of people will mindlessly vote for whoever possesses the highest healing done.

I 'mindlessly" vote for the person with the most medals. As long as he has the 3k warden medal. :p

It def doesn't work that way, when I heal someone with full health even if its for 5k I don't get either the 2.5k or the 5k medal and it certainly doesn't count toward the overall healing medals. Also, were you under the impression that MVP votes mattered in any way at all? Because they don't... Medals do, however.

Does getting MVP do anything at all in warzones?

I have at start of a wz and even during a wz (when it's been calm) put the aoe heal on the ground where my teammate are standing and single healed. That has never counted towards my healing score.

Not saying that what you saw didn't happen but it seems very unlikely that it's a permanent exploit that works for all?

You need more than healing to win any match. You need good damage, good team work, and people who will go after objectives.

So I don't think it's good practice to just mindlessly vote MVP for the best healers.

Maybe coz of the Medal Issue, but I agree, just give the dd with the most medals the vote, like 95% of the dummies do on my server:rolleyes:

Just vote for whoever you want, just as info in premades it's more or less written that you have to vote for your healers, coz they normally end up with less medals.... (and you want your healers healing, not playing as dd to get more medals....)

Edited by Kengaro

You need more than DPSing to win any match. You need good healing, good team work, and people who will go after objectives.

So I don't think it's good practice to just mindlessly vote MVP for the best DPSers. xD

Does getting MVP do anything at all in warzones?

Gets you one more commendation per vote.

And I for one, will usually (but not always) vote on a healer, because a team without a healer going up against a team with a good healer will usually (but not always) lose, thus making the healer the difference maker.

Op thinks he deserves mvp every time, you dont get much when you get mvp votes, its like 50 valor per vote and 1 extra comendation. It is almost nothing. I vote for heals because I play a tank in pvp, and they work together with me to push for objectives. DPS helps, but most of the time the dps people run off and act stupid, chasing people to try to kill them and end up getting killed. Most damage, or top kills means **** all to me if you were over by their spawn farming the crap out of their 2 bad players, while the rest of their team ends up capping points.

People mindlessly vote the healers as MVP all the time.

Not mindlessly, currently pure healers get less medals than DD's/hybrids even tanks.

So if I see a good healer in the game I reward him with my MVP vote.

And BTW I never and never will give MVP to DD classes as their task is the easiest especially when Mercs and Sorcs are in the 1-5 highest dmg dealers. I reward a good healer who heals my *** out (and being focus target because of it) AND still getting less medals than a one button ez-mode DD. So pal, it is not mindless vote, it is a well-thought vote from my side.

(I play a Powertech tank, so I especially appreciate healers.)

Edited by Mardur