The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is the game failing? :(

Blackweb

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, BTW does anyone remember EA LOUSE from 2010 ?!

EA Louse explained why the blog was started: "I found out recently that I will be dismissed from Bioware Mythic during the next round of layoffs EA coming this November. I'm sick of seeing EA outsource their art and find every excuse to get rid of us and still not achieve anything. Mythic is dying, and its not us who killed him but we're taking the fall."

Of the different claims EA Louse asserts in the blog, perhaps the most noteworthy is the status of Star Wars: The Old Republic. According to Louse, more than $300 million has been spent on the game so far.

"And you know what they're most proud of? This is the kicker," the blog reads. "They are most proud of the sound. No seriously. Something like a 20Gig installation, and most of it is voiceover work. That's the best they have. The rest of the game is a joke. EA knows it and so does George Lucas, they're panicking, and so most of Mythic has already been cannibalized to work in Austin on it because they can't keep pushing back launch."

Louse then predicts, "Old Republic will be one of the greatest failures in the history of MMOs from EA. Probably at the level of the Sims Online. We all know it too ..."

Enjoy the rest of the read

http://www.1up.com/news/ea-louse-blows-lid-old-republic-budget-warhammer-failure

Really dude? Do you realize what time it is? The Euro servers atm have Full, Very Heavy, and Heavy servers. The US don't because you know...it's a Thursday and it's school/work time.

*sigh* Doesn't take anything more than common sense to figure this out.

@Arkulin

Yes great post! A random guy claiming he works at EA Mythic! Very credible!

It's so obvious a low level Mythic employee will know everything that is going on at Bioware Austin including the budget of a game. You know things reserved for management.

Gullible much?

Edited by Improv-

The number you see at the top left is the number in the same instance. There could be another instance with 100+ people in it. At the moment I only see 139 people at the imperial fleet, but there are WAY more than that. Edited by NasherUK

If you have been paying attention to the official high res thread and seen SRs PR post then you would see that it is failing. If you played beta for as long as I did and seen posts by Georg and others, 'promises', hopes, lies (whatever you see it as) and then played release but nothing they claimed to have fixed in beta was actually fixed for live. (Chat, UI still freezing and lagging your game, graphic options, companion fixes, ability delay, etc)

Omce the excitement wears out people will look elsewhere. They, again, claim theyre working on it blah blah blah. Too little too late.

EA Louse explained why the blog was started: "I found out recently that I will be dismissed from Bioware Mythic during the next round of layoffs EA coming this November. I'm sick of seeing EA outsource their art and find every excuse to get rid of us and still not achieve anything. Mythic is dying, and its not us who killed him but we're taking the fall."

Of the different claims EA Louse asserts in the blog, perhaps the most noteworthy is the status of Star Wars: The Old Republic. According to Louse, more than $300 million has been spent on the game so far.

"And you know what they're most proud of? This is the kicker," the blog reads. "They are most proud of the sound. No seriously. Something like a 20Gig installation, and most of it is voiceover work. That's the best they have. The rest of the game is a joke. EA knows it and so does George Lucas, they're panicking, and so most of Mythic has already been cannibalized to work in Austin on it because they can't keep pushing back launch."

Louse then predicts, "Old Republic will be one of the greatest failures in the history of MMOs from EA. Probably at the level of the Sims Online. We all know it too ..."

http://www.1up.com/news/ea-louse-blows-lid-old-republic-budget-warhammer-failure

Disgruntled Ex-Employee. His opinion doesn't mean that much. He is highly exaggerated the fact that the game is all "voice over". Most of my play time is spent in a gorgeous world, and fighting a rewarding combat system. Sure a lot of time is spent in cut scenes, but that is far from the bulk of the game

Really dude? Do you realize what time it is? The Euro servers atm have Full, Very Heavy, and Heavy servers. The US don't because you know...it's a Thursday and it's school/work time.

*sigh* Doesn't take anything more than common sense to figure this out.

@Arkulin

Yes great post! A random guy claiming he works at EA Mythic! Very credible!

It's so obvious a low level Mythic employee will know everything that is going on at Bioware Austin including the budget of a game. You know things reserved for management.

Gullible much?

So far, he is a prophet.

I don't know but I'm ready to unsub 2 accounts.

I ground through 50 pretty quick because I was on a 2 week break like most when the game released and now I seem to have NOTHING to do except a couple dailys, some aweful PVP with HutBall "ALL I EVER GET," or playing an ALT. the last game to fail at end-game content this bad was Age of Conan.

I'm pretty baffled that these developers didn't expect to have a large level 50 population in 2-3 weeks. I'm not waiting months for something new to do on my main.

This has been used so many times and would you REALLY take any advice from somebody who JUST got laidoff? I wouldn't.

I think the game can get more users if they had the game on Mac.... luckily for SWTOR, I really wanted to play this game so I went and did all the bootcamp stuff on my Mac to play. But I know a bunch of other Mac users who want to play but don't want to go through all the steps I did.

This has been used so many times and would you REALLY take any advice from somebody who JUST got laidoff? I wouldn't.

Angry or not, he undoubtly knows more on the subject than you, so I'll take his biased over your biased words. Especially based on what I've seen in game thus far. :cool:

Wait till next week when subs kick in ... this will be a strong indication of the state of what people really think... as far as I can tell mostly fanboys post or even read the forums as popular opinion among lvl 50's is that they can maybe stomach making 1 more character , but after that they really have lost the will to play this anymore and are looking to the plephoria of upcoming titles to fill their gaming voids!

So next week looks like the interesting time , can the jedi mindtrick really work... 'we will fix everything' ......

titan

Ya.

A blizzard ULTRA-CASUAL MMO

That's just what I want.

As if WoW isn't already super casual enough.

F-ck Titan.

Casual gaming has already negatively influenced and ruined enough games, including possibly this one.

1-2 weeks to clear all raid content and get full epic sets?

A joke.

Several things...

In the US, it's between 6am and 9am - People are going to school/work.

In the EU, it's between 2pm and 4pm - People are at school/work.

The servers have been down all morning for a patch and only recently came back up.

No, this game isn't failing, but I think you might be...

^ This guy/gal is in denial. At least half the people at launch will be gone before their free month is up. The game has nothing to offer at level cap. Everyone who made it there knows it and did everything there is to do int he first 2 weeks and already left to do other more entertaining things.

I just logged in and took an overall look on the servers... I see maybe 1 server with a high population and 30-40 servers with light/standard)

Are people leaving this game? Is it failing?

I really can't agree with anything you said. The game looks pretty good. Sure it's got settings to look even better that are currently being withheld from us but I think its very good for now.

However, the only thing that currently failing is crafting. Something needs to be done about it and soon.

Angry or not, he undoubtly knows more on the subject than you, so I'll take his biased over your biased words. Especially based on what I've seen in game thus far. :cool:

Except he says very little on SWTOR thats even news, they've said in countless interviews that the VO is their most impresive feature and he hardly provides any insight on the game....not surprising since he wasnt involved in it. So, thats a big whatever.

Except he says very little on SWTOR thats even news, they've said in countless interviews that the VO is their most impresive feature and he hardly provides any insight on the game....not surprising since he wasnt involved in it. So, thats a big whatever.

and what's the most disappointing is that the VO do nothing for retention.

It was a nice new feature but it isn't going to keep people playing and subbing for years to come, that's for sure.

They need to stop worrying about that voiceover BullSh-t and focus on gameplay.

What I wonder is, how good this game could have been if they just skipped that voiceover crap and just focused on the gameplay and making the game not suck.

Fixing bugs, making raid content, I wonder how amazing this game could have been....

Instead we're all sitting here hoping it get's fixed before people start leaving in droves.

Edited by Sech

Ya.

A blizzard ULTRA-CASUAL MMO

That's just what I want.

As if WoW isn't already super casual enough.

F-ck Titan.

Casual gaming has already negatively influenced and ruined enough games, including possibly this one.

1-2 weeks to clear all raid content and get full epic sets?

A joke.

So...what did you expect from a new MMO? Even a 14 yr old could have worked out that the endgame will take time to grow. Sounds to me like you made the wrong choice, but then, beides EVE not many MMO's deliver what you uh....'need'.