The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is the game failing? :(

Blackweb

I just logged in and took an overall look on the servers... I see maybe 1 server with a high population and 30-40 servers with light/standard)

Are people leaving this game? Is it failing?

I'm kind of a fanboy when it comes to star wars and I TRULY want to love this game. So far I'm loving the awesome voiceovers and the combat system (even though many complain about it cuz of sucky pvp).

But the graphics engine is just... horrendous, the feel of the game is so bad... the world doesn't feel stable and working but glitchy and static, the audio bugs OMG I can't run my speeder for 2 mins without the hovering sound dissapearing all the time replaced by other environment sounds etc. cuz they are poorly programmed they overlap each other I think?

Is serious fixing coming to this game? Do you think it will get the overhaul that it needs?

I'm really worried that the EA budget money making machine, has saved resources on this game in places where they really shouldn't have.

I'm never going back to wow or anything like that, but seriously I'm praying for a golden overhaul for this game cuz I just don't see myself sticking around for anything other than the storylines so far.

I'm sorry if some of you people who can easily ignore all these issue are offended, call me a troll all you want. But I really hope we can get enough attention on these matters, so that one day they will take it serioulsy and throw the resources needed into the game.

No amount of talking about how good it is, can obscure the truth, that this game needs a major overhaul to compete properly.

Please at least try to hold back the trolling monster inside you if you wanna comment on this thread.

Thank you but this is my honest 10 cents and it has nothing to do with trying to bring the game down or promote other mmo's, I want this game to be all it can be and imo it has long way to go.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several things...

In the US, it's between 6am and 9am - People are going to school/work.

In the EU, it's between 2pm and 4pm - People are at school/work.

The servers have been down all morning for a patch and only recently came back up.

No, this game isn't failing, but I think you might be...

I think the server numbers and populations are fudged.

I am on a high/full server and in some planets and areas there areonly a small handful of people. How can my server be full?

I went to Wal-Mart at night and noticed only a few people there. Wal-Mart is failing.

Several things...

In the US, it's between 6am and 9am - People are going to school/work.

In the EU, it's between 2pm and 4pm - People are at school/work.

The servers have been down all morning for a patch and only recently came back up.

No, this game isn't failing, but I think you might be...

Ok I get your point, but it's not exactly that much different during peak hours and if you read my entire post you will notice I'm not only talking about the amount of people on the various servers.

As I asked in my OP, try not to troll for no reason even though I can see it's hard for some of you.

Tonight, after 18-19:00, have a look at the status page for european servers, more than half are either heavy or very heavy with some Full with queue. Around 1:00 look at the US ones and you will see even more full and heavy servers. Of course I am using CET times.

PS

People that post silly "this game is failing" or "i am afraid about the future of this game" are always trolls, especially when they look at servers status at 14:00 (6-8am) in the middle of the week. Just don't. Really

I think that when the game first released, the maximum population was reduced as they knew that the starter worlds would be under massive load. Now that the population has spread out across the various planets, I would guess that the server population has been increased again.

That's assuming the different planets are logically/physically split in terms of the games architecture of course.

Ok I get your point, but it's not exactly that much different during peak hours and if you read my entire post you will notice I'm not only talking about the amount of people on the various servers.

As I asked in my OP, try not to troll for no reason even though I can see it's hard for some of you.

Actually it is. During peak the fleet on my server has 200-300 people. This morning before work there were 26.

Perhaps you should take your own advise. You post some garbage about game failing, with zero facts to back it up. I give you fac ts and you say I am the one trolling.

Sir, welcome to my ignore list. Clearly you have nothing to say that I would be remotely interested in...

The title is slightly misleading since you sound like you have an opinion already, which is actually fortunate because I have yet to see anyone with sufficient credentials to answer this question objectively on the forums. If you don't want to see it fail, post all your recommendations in strong terms to increase the chance that BW will take notice. Support it as much as you can, but whether it's failing is out of our hands.

Perhaps you should take your own advise. You post some garbage about game failing, with zero facts to back it up. I give you fac ts and you say I am the one trolling.

Sir, welcome to my ignore list. Clearly you have nothing to say that I would be remotely interested in...

Don't ignore, report. Much better

Pointing out that you are wrong isn't the same thing as trolling.

How do you shower with such thin skin?

If he was pointing out I was wrong he would have written "I think your wrong" but instead he wrote "I think there's something wrong with you..." which is trolling.

You are also trolling, but I guess I was kinda delusional when I thought you could have a grown up discussion on these forums when it's filled with people like him and you.

I'm not easily offended, I just wanted to make sure a "trolling" tone wasn't set to begin with, which people like you seem intent on creating everytime anyone has any from of critique to this game.

But good luck having conversations with other people in general with that attitude. :rolleyes:

I just logged in and took an overall look on the servers... I see maybe 1 server with a high population and 30-40 servers with light/standard)

Try the same test at 8pm GMT for EU servers and 8pm CST for US servers. You'll see completely different results.