Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

Xcore

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump for great justice. 50 Jedi Gaurdian (tank), between ability lag and defense animations blocking out abilities its unplayable. The basic mechanics are FUBAR.

Ditto..

Oh, except not level 50, and Sith Assassin tank, but defense animations blocking out abilities is horrendous.

I hate all the ******es who want good looking MMOs, then the developers listen to them and do stupid **** like parry animations, when the majority of people who play MMOs are hardly even looking at their character. We want RESPONSIVENESS, we want smooth combat. We watch our GCDs our CDs, we watch the boss, we watch our health and our other group member's health, we watch our aggro on enemies, we watch what we're standing in and enemy casts, we rarely give two ***** what our characters are doing.

Just take it out, just completely remove defensive animations.

Edited by CaptainSheppard

I have to wonder, is the change they made to the cooldown display on all abilities their fix for this ability delay? is that what they think we were talking about or something? because if so, it shows just how out of touch bioware are with their own game. it really is awful. Edited by SunwindIon

I have to wonder, is the change they made to the cooldown display on all abilities their fix for this ability delay? is that what they think we were talking about or something? because if so, it shows just how out of touch bioware are with their own game. it really is awful.
With the great first post of the thread I really hope that's not the case.

I've seen many, many different descriptions on what people are calling ability delay. I've watched serveral videos of people trying to replicate the issue as well as debunking some of the false ideas of what ability delay is.

I guess in response to this thread I'm with OP. Ability delay is a killer and is one of the main reasons I no longer am playing my Sith Assassin in PvP. There are several different abilities that have this bug and one is the main staple of the freaking class..

Maul aka Backstab aka Evicerate or whatever it may be called in other MMO's.

How does this ability look and affect me?

When I am behind a target wheather it be an NPC or in PvP whether stealthed or unstealthed I sometimes about 4/10 times have the ability delay issue. My toon will sit thiere flanging his arm back and forth trying to perform the maul ability.

It's like he gets caught in some loop of being TOO close and NOT close enough sometimes. So instead of performing the ability completely he gets caught kinda "trying to find that perfect angle or some ****"

I can open up out of stealth and attempt to maul someone, if they move out of range before he completes the move his gets stuck in the animation doing no damage.

I can pretty much line it up the right way to recreate the issue whenever I want, and If I leave the guy standing there. He will basically endless perform the animation loop trying to connect with the maul.

I 'd just like to note. It's not me clicking madly, its me pressing the button and it doing this. I can also recreate the clicking bug, whenever ever you smash on "Jolt" you can get your guy to pump his hand back and forth without doing the actual move.

It's an issue, dont act like it doesn't exist cause that really doesnt help anything

No change in 1.1 to fix this issue, and no update as to how they are progressing. Playing my trooper is so lame, with half of my channeled abilities being off-center and feeling clunky. Not only this, but just the feel of combat just seems laggy. I guess we are supposed to marvel at the aesthetic grandeur of combat instead of tax and criticize it's delay. Not I.

I think one of the many issues ( I am no expert) is that the client is checking for conditions ( range, behind target etc.) at the point where the animation is supposed to go off. Not when the ability is clicked. If I use corrosive dart on my operative and then turn away after the animation has already started, I will get the "not facing target " error even though I was clearly facing the target when I pressed the key.

Well I gave it the month, and today is the last day of my sub. They dropped the ball.

I wish you all the best of luck getting this fixed, but I certainly won't wait around for it.

sorry to here this. i still have 5 days as im not a preorder and came on later than most. i'll be right behind you in 5 days i have a feeling, sub is already cancelled but im hoping to renew.

the way i see it is, when you finish your game i'll pay for it.

Edited by qsequence

I wouldnt mind the animation so much if it were even but when some mirror classes ability take twice as long just cause of animation just doesnt make since. take the project vs lightning. where is that fair at all? If there is a link where they address this can someone link it cause i just want to know what they are doing about it Edited by Death_Exile

It is not just a collision with the animation, some abilities don't have to wait on animation, you can 'clip' the animation and do another ability, but also some abilities experience delays, don't fire but use up CD and general 'clunkyness'; seemingly not related to animation.