So, when is the biochem nerf coming?

Bloodtau

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One Solution that comes to my mind would be to give crafting professions some kind of buff (not bop stuff) something like for example synthweaving you get bonus stats if you wear a synthweaved item (with 400 or whatever requirement) that would negate the advantages a biochem would get from rakata and such stims.

The result would be that someone who wears his crafted armor and is boe buffed gets the up to the same stats as someone who wears equal quality raidgear and is epicbuffed.

What are your thoghts on this? And sorry for my bad english.

As for Adrenals someone suggested a few resusable buffs a few pages back.

Edited by lerodark

Leave Biochem alone. It's the only crafting prof that is worth spending time and money on.

And thats why the system is broken.

One of two things is going to happen.

Bioware will take the path of least resistance and nerf Biochem to be on par with all other professions but in turn making all professions pretty much useless. Sadly , everything is balanced when everything is useless.

OR

They will take the harder path and leave Biochem alone (cause after all its not really OP - it's just the only one worth anything) and buff all the other crafting professions so they have some sort of benefit for taking and leveling them.

What do you think they will do cause I'm not seeing a full revmp of professions coming thats for sure.

Nerfs already coming in Patch 1.1 THat big heal stim that did like 5-6k plus a dot of 2200 is being downgraded to like 3k plus 15% max health increase for 15 secs according to Darth Hater site.

More will undoubtedly follow.

Sweet. They are making the mistake of going down the +percent path. Even Blizzard's idiotic item designers figured out that was a Bad Idea™. 15% max health for 15 secs is pretty darn powerful.

Comparison:

Imagine a SWTOR in which armoring and mods are perishable. They last 5 minutes to an hour, for the most expensive ones, but they otherwise serve the same exact function as they currently do.

Cybertech makes Unlimited duration mods and armoring that work only for themselves. They are not the best, but almost.

Everyone else has to go to a Cybertech player and pay up to to get the limited mods. Some are slightly better than the unlimited Cybertech mods, but they all have one thing in common: they must be replaced. Relatively frequently, too. And they aren't cheap.

Do you think people wouldn't go to the forums and cry that Cybertech have it too easy? Dead wrong. Cybertech has it too easy in this scenario.

And this is the exact scenario we are in with Biochem. Just replace armoring and mods with stims, adrenals, and medpacks.

So you are not a healer, and have a hard time recovering HP in-combat while soloing/questing(?)

[EDIT] Maybe a respec to recover HP faster is really what you need...

The problem with your comparison is that armoring and mods don't "lose" their value either. Mods with a +10 Strength rating will always be +10 Strength. Your stats will never change. I can see the armor complaint somewhat because it does lose rating over time, but the max rating never changes and YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN ARMOR & MODS!!!! Plus, armor sell/resell for significantly more then stims/meds. We pay for our armor and mods, you don't.... If you are using stims/meds regularly, then I question your battle tactics because if a possible 37xx HP increase really makes a difference on a toon with 8xxx to 10xxx Max HP or +50 strength makes a HUGE difference on a toon with +500 strength (w/o any stim), then.......

PS: There is currently no Reusable Rakata. If you have a max HP of say 9000, the max you get back is 50% on a reusable is not really going to help in a tough fight, especially since it don't heal your companion (which the consumable ones do), and does not return the same raw amount of HP. I'll take the consumable one over it until/if I run out. Most encounters don't even last long enough for the first or second use to cooldown anyway (regardless of the outcome), so why are you advocating a nerf again?

PSS: Maybe raiding is a different story, since the battles can be drawn out for a long time, but healers should be taking care of you HP....So I don't see why this is such a big deal where the nerf-turd is now rolling down the hill...

Edited by L-RANDLE

Wow those with bio chem are sure desperate to keep their advantage, even though they want to say it's no big deal. If it's no big deal then when it gets nerfed , guess what no big deal right?

You can ask for the others to get buffed, but that takes alot of time. I'm not a fan of nerfing, but we'll see what happens. I wouldn't grind that bio chem just yet if I were you.

It won't be. Recovering 50% of your HP during most hard battles is not going to save you 7 of 10 times. So if 30% is what you are looking for then go ahead, take it for all I care. The consumables are better anyway.

Consumable Medpak= "break in case of emergency"

Resuable Medpak= "dam it, I ran out of good ones (consumables)" ( a point it rarely comes to)

Sweet. They are making the mistake of going down the +percent path. Even Blizzard's idiotic item designers figured out that was a Bad Idea™. 15% max health for 15 secs is pretty darn powerful.

WoW has several +percent health mechanics. They didn't break anything, and they were more powerful than these (typically, they are "increase maximum health by 30% for x seconds.").

WoW has several +percent health mechanics. They didn't break anything, and they were more powerful than these (typically, they are "increase maximum health by 30% for x seconds.").

IMO, x% max health increase are relatively worthless. (unless healing abilities are % of max HP based, which usually isn't true). However HEALING x% of max HP is pretty powerful. (which is why you usually don't see stuff like that).

It's a question of how fast the pool fills vs. how fast it empties, not how deep the pool is. Unless there's some mob that attacks very rarely but will just barely 1-shot you, 30% extra max HP isn't really gonna matter if your healer is any good.

As it stands right now the Biochem skill gives you an item that is better than anything you can buy with commendations, credits, or find in a raid. No other skill has something unique like that.

It would be nice if they didn't nerf Biochem (which they probably will) and instead made something unique for the other crew skills.

Much like WoW gave enchanters the ability to enchant their own rings which no one else could do. BW could do something like that where they gave Artificers stronger crystals that are BoP (like having +31 crit and +31surge on them) or Cybertech the ability to make a unique BoP implant stronger than anything you can find.

That would fix a lot of the gripes about Biochem.

Either buff the other skills or nerf Biochem. Rest assured, one of these 2 things is coming. Much like Slicing was nerfed quickly, Biochem is soon to be whacked.

They need to make low-level, reusable med-pacs, stims and adrenals usable by people without biochem, so that they can be sold on the GTN. otherwise, epic crafting materials are almost useless at lower levels. Also, it is fine for them to have reusable BoP med-pacs, stims, and adrenals at max level that give more stats than regular, but only if other crafting skills have BoP crafted items that give the same types of bonuses... BoP Barrels, Hilts, Armoring, Armor, etc.

It pretty much makes ALL other crafting worthless higher level. All that work through out the game for nothing. Biochem only med packs and stims was also a stupid idea, making it even more stupidly broken.

All I see on these forums is "Nerf this" "Nerf that" - how about some suggestions on either how to balance biochem with the others? To me it should be each one brings something different to endgame (like other mmos) - so cybertech you get a bonus something or another etc. then its all just preference - I like being able to choose what I craft based on what I like, hence why I like cybertech because I can craft speederbikes etc. - The stupid thing people do is assume they wont change it - they will either add something to other crew skills or somehow balance biochem ( maybe make it so the medpacks/stims are not bop)

As it stands right now the Biochem skill gives you an item that is better than anything you can buy with commendations, credits, or find in a raid. No other skill has something unique like that.

It would be nice if they didn't nerf Biochem (which they probably will) and instead made something unique for the other crew skills.

Much like WoW gave enchanters the ability to enchant their own rings which no one else could do. BW could do something like that where they gave Artificers stronger crystals that are BoP (like having +31 crit and +31surge on them) or Cybertech the ability to make a unique BoP implant stronger than anything you can find.

That would fix a lot of the gripes about Biochem.

Either buff the other skills or nerf Biochem. Rest assured, one of these 2 things is coming. Much like Slicing was nerfed quickly, Biochem is soon to be whacked.

Have you even read any of these posts? AGAIN, THE REUSABLE PAKS ARE NOT AS GOOD AS THE CONSUMABLE ONES!!!! GET THE FACTS BEFORE YOU POST YOUR NERF TURD.......

Have you even read any of these posts? AGAIN, THE REUSABLE PAKS ARE NOT AS GOOD AS THE CONSUMABLE ONES!!!! GET THE FACTS BEFORE YOU POST YOUR NERF TURD.......

They don't want to take the time to read, they just see something on the interwebs and repeat it because they want to be mad

I don't think all that many people want a Biochem nerf...they've just been playing MMOs long enough to know one is coming. It's easier to nerf one crafting skill than boost the other 5.

I'd prefer they boost the other 5, especially since some like Synthweaving have such major gaps in gear I can't even make a full set of low-mid level light armor, and have to use clownsuit social gear with mods to be equipped half decently.

The reuseable items are VASTLY more powerful than the consumable ones, sounds like you havent discovered that there are rakata tier reuseables yet.

The reuseable items are VASTLY more powerful than the consumable ones, sounds like you havent discovered that there are rakata tier reuseables yet.

I haven't been able to make those yet, but ALL other reusables are inferior to the BLUE medpacks.

The Blue ones have the heal over time, the reusables do not, they have the same initial heal, that's it.

Can someone link the Rakata reusable? so we can compare to the normal one?

thx.

the normal Rakata is :

5050-6175 heal with an additional 2245 over 15 seconds

Biochem as a profession (what it can make) doesn't need a nerf. Stims, adrenals, and medpacks (and scaling) need a nerf. They offer huge bonuses to damage and healing so that consumables are basically required to be competitive, especially in PVP. Everyone is going biochem because you're gimped without them and it would cost a ridiculous amount to use the consumables on CD like biochem and Rakata can. Simply put, they are too powerful to ignore and too expensive to use, yet the reusable aspect from biochem and Rakata trivializes the long term cost. It would also help biochem people long term, because eventually the vast majority will have biochem or at least leveled it to 400 for the reusables and they'll never be able to sell the blue ones again. They need to nerf it for the long term good of the game AND biochem. Edited by durvas

IF you wan't to progress through endgame content (NM mode EV atm incase you needed help with that) then you're going to suck it up, drop whichever crew skill you took, pick up biochem, level it to 400 and get the self reusable. No on want's to group with a whinny player just because they have a worthless crew skill. IF you're not going to spend the time to click and send your companions out on missions then you're not going to progress. Also, if you don't care about progression then shush up about the other crew skills not able to compare beuase Biochem is meant for good progression.

They don't want to take the time to read, they just see something on the interwebs and repeat it because they want to be mad

From what I seen firsthand with the stims/adrenalin, the adrenalin gives somewhere around 565 power (Roughly, I know it is above 500) and the blues give 450 power (I know this for a fact) Then one would assume the rusable, extra 115 power packs would infact be better then the 115less power non-reusable packs.

I haven't been able to make those yet, but ALL other reusables are inferior to the BLUE medpacks.

The Blue ones have the heal over time, the reusables do not, they have the same initial heal, that's it.

Can someone link the Rakata reusable? so we can compare to the normal one?

thx.

the normal Rakata is :

5050-6175 heal with an additional 2245 over 15 seconds

The Rakata does roughly the same if not more, my friend has the rakata reusable medpack and he tells me it's better then the blue. I think it's either better or heals the same but if its the same it's still reusable and saving alot of cash. Rather then having some1 else make it for you since no one posts stuff on the AH for some reason *sadface*