How Do I Defeat Lord Vivicar?

ARPeabody

This fight was cake and a huge letdown. Took him down in less than 45 seconds using Theran and didn't fall below 90% health the entire battle. Just keep interupting him and he's got no answer.

I can see if you were using Qyzen where this fight might be tough, but if you interupt his force crush he really has nothing going for him.

I soloed this at 29 and it was a stupidly long fight. About 18 minutes. I recommend at least level 30 or 31.

Besides simply interrupting you need to make sure he doesn't kill your companion. Because he doesn't hit very hard, he's easy to tank and I used Theran ... As infiltration, I tanked him in shadow stance. I also didn't interrupt, but used line of sight on force crush. I told theran to attack as I was running in, so he stopped far away from melee. The extra running from force crush meant extra healing from a centrally placed theran.

I was frustrated with trying to defeat this guy. First two attempts and I kept missing his casting. Got one-shotted when Theran and I was 90% health and Vivicar was ~10%. A truly *** moment. I just had to spam the interupts to make it work.

I'm still curious as to why he's level 34 Boss in a level 32 mission. All of the other bosses I've encountered on previous missions were at or one level above the mission level. I was level 32 when I did it.

Edited by Paratus

I was frustrated with trying to defeat this guy. First two attempts and I kept missing his casting. Got one-shotted when Theran and I was 90% health and Vivicar was ~10%. A truly *** moment. I just had to spam the interupts to make it work.

I'm still curious as to why he's level 34 Boss in a level 32 mission. All of the other bosses I've encountered on previous missions were at or one level above the mission level. I was level 32 when I did it.

I know what you mean. I had the same problem, but I wasn't about to quit. My comp was down, I had 10% health, all my strong attacks were cooling down.

Thankfully I had a medpac and I force dashed->telekinetic throwed at him along with mind snap.

He is a tough boss, but a rewarding one to beat (at least personally) for an end of Act 1 Boss.

As a Seer, I made sure to start off the fight (after dying once) with froce shield already casted and the Force Imbalance almost gone (to make sure I could force shield Qyzen again quickly. After that, I made sure to stick to canceling his moves and using Telekinetic throw, letting Qyzen deal the damage.

After he had got down enough, however, Qyzen was taking too much damage and eventually died.

The rest, is history.

Guy should be a couple levels lower. I did all of the normal series quests on every planet through Alderaan, plus all heroic+2s, and came in at level 30.

I couldn't verify this due to lack of combat log, but I believe he resisted my interrupt on a couple occasions due to the level difference.

The first time nothing happened on interrupt, I let the cast finish to see what happened. Ha ha.

Holiday and knockback both work to interrupt as backup plans, though Holiday has to wait until Theran is finished with his current action.

The cast is ridiculously long and easy to catch, but the level is just off. Shouldn't be a 4-level jump.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I'm ashamed I didn't figure that out lol. I knew that stupid interrupt power was supposed to do something.

Shame is, I would've beat him down easily if not for his insta-kill. And I was 4 levels lower than him!

I tried this at 31, on my shadow, and every time he's resist my interrupt, then resist my knockback, and then I'd try my stun, but by then my poor lizard was dead. Vanish, restart while using my heroic moment, same issue. Tried it with the healer instead, ran into the same problem. He just likes to lolresist everything I throw. Even if I use my stun right away, before death happened I was still sol for the next channel. I didn't think a 3 level difference would cause so many resists but Random is Random I suppose. I ended up rage quitting and deciding to leave my shadow on Vivicar's ship forever.

It's entirely too much of a hassle to deal with when I've already leveled 3 characters to 50.

• 1 month later...
I'll have to level up my Shadow. Tried him quite a few times at lvl 29, didn't hardly scratch him and resisted a lot of my stuns, resulting in insta-kills.

Tried at 29 as well the level difference is just to much he resisted everything...went back at 31 and made him my *****.

This was my attempt at him this morning, I got to level 30 in the corridor outside him, so was a bit under level for the fight. The first try he got me with the crush cast, and so I tried again at once and defeated him once I knew what to look out for. I did also upload my first attempt if you want to know what happens if you miss his cast :o

A lot of these major bosses will have one skill which will kill you, and are otherwise easy if you know your class well. First time I fought him, he killed me easily on my Sage. Second time, he killed my companion almost instantly so I had to fight him solo, and managed to beat him. It's just that one skill you need to interrupt and he will go down easily enough after. If you get really lucky, he won't use it at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I am healer spec'd and I can't do a thing to kill Vivicar.

I can get the rest, I had NO problems killing the rest of the elites, but Vivicar and his 9000 one shot has killed me four times now and it's getting VERY frustrating, not FUN.

If this is a game, not real life, we should be able to solo our OWN AREAS - not so with the nerf that the Sage/Seers have had to put up with since the crappy 1.2 "update".

Bioware has a lot to learn about real human beings... Some of us are doing this to TRY to stay focused, healthy and keep our digits from petrifying from arthritis and more... thanks Bioware you are about as heartless as it gets.

This was the ONLY healer in an MMO (out of all of them since the INCEPTION of MMOs) that I 've EVER been able to play efficiently, until now.

I thought the point of this game was fun and social gathering... So far, I've been wrong every single time I've tried to believe that.

I seriously feel like Vivicar - and a couple other class quests, are balanced around the shadow.

As sage.. it's rough. As healer-specced, it's horrible.

Class quests.. I don't care if they're a little tougher than normal. I do care - immensely - if they're a brick wall that depends on five minutes worth of perfect play, self-casting heals and managing your companion so that the companion nickle-and-dimes the mob to death.

Haven't faced that kind of challenge since the hunter legendary bow quest.

Frankly, I got the 'vivicar' quest at level 31. I had to get friends to help out. It surprised the hell out of my FOUR MAN GROUP how hard it was. They were seriously flabberghasted - clearing that ship felt like a flash point.

A lot of these major bosses will have one skill which will kill you, and are otherwise easy if you know your class well. First time I fought him, he killed me easily on my Sage. Second time, he killed my companion almost instantly so I had to fight him solo, and managed to beat him. It's just that one skill you need to interrupt and he will go down easily enough after. If you get really lucky, he won't use it at all.

100% agree with this post. The same happened to me first time. Second time just interrupt the one big attack and grind him out by healing faster than he damages you. I think as a healer Sage you have two options

Grind them down over 5-10min ignoring your comp health.

Or not attack at all and heal /bubble your comp and interrupt the big attack.

I consider Lord Vivicar and pretty much all Class Story bosses after him to be "learn your new abilities that you rarely use" bosses. Vivicar is there to teach us how to effectively use our interrupt abilites... stuns, interrupt, force wave, lift etc.

As you go along in your class story each class boss fight that comes along will require you utilize those skills in a way that they compliment each other.

OR you can just bring a friend... easiest and most effective way to deal with the issue.

You think Lord Vivicar is too strong? Just wait until you meet Starke. Man, screw Starke.

So very true.

The answer, gear up, level up, juice up. I took him down at 33. But you do have to know when to interupt him and bringing a buddy can be a huge help.