How Do I Defeat Lord Vivicar?

ARPeabody

Just did it, had the same issues... here is the trick. And yea its cheap and it made me feel dirty.

revive at that same spot after he kills you the 1st time. Vivicar's cool down on that mega skill he uses is still running. So if you respawn ASAP and attack you will be able to get him down before he can use it again.

BTW.... I did it at 32nd Lvl with Qyness. After I did my before fight prep of force armor and a Willpower buff I sent him a force stun and let my companion jump him. I kept my distance and just layed on TK Throw with the no cool down skill. So i had a Machine gun on him the whole time even after he wacked my Companion. Before he got to melee range he was at 0 (or next to 0 as you get to talk to him after, just like the sick Masters you had to fight before).

Just do not leave the area and give him a chance to get his cool downs done.

if you are playing sage use some of the lower level things like telekinetic throw with cedric out i play shadow but holliday would stun him for a few telekinetic throw drove him crazy and he was really easy to take down made me feel sad after those mobs (which cedric felt he needed to pull the whole room every time) but yah just interrupt him and hes dead fast

Breathe a little and use periods.

Just soloed him at 29 (Sage Healer). Total pain in the rear because he resists the interrupts. What I ended up doing is sending in Qyzen and letting him melee Vivicar down. When he casts the Force Crush oneshot ability you can use Restoration to cleanse it off his target. Just heal smart and dont overuse your force. The fight took about 15 min but hes dead! Would of been a cake walk if I was a level or 2 higher.

As others have mentioned, interrupts are essential. You can also kite him. Drop dot abilties on him then get out of his range. I tried standing toe-to-toe with him the first time and got owned because I did not see the interruptable abilities. After learning my error, I kept that ability interrupted and kited him with dots, and the only reason I took any damage was that, towards the end of the fight, I decided to stop and finish him off in melee range. Even then, it was next to nothing because he couldn't use his "I win" button.

As others have mentioned, interrupts are essential. You can also kite him. Drop dot abilties on him then get out of his range. I tried standing toe-to-toe with him the first time and got owned because I did not see the interruptable abilities. After learning my error, I kept that ability interrupted and kited him with dots, and the only reason I took any damage was that, towards the end of the fight, I decided to stop and finish him off in melee range. Even then, it was next to nothing because he couldn't use his "I win" button.

Wurd. I did the same thing. Kept using interrupts and kited him to death. Was super easy when I did that.

I brought Threan the first time and got smoked. So I brought the Gorn (:p) and just interrupted his spells. he went down fairly fast after that.

He's far easier than the lame story line area on Quesh. That was hard enough to make me rage at the computer.

I seriously feel like Vivicar - and a couple other class quests, are balanced around the shadow.

As sage.. it's rough. As healer-specced, it's horrible.

Class quests.. I don't care if they're a little tougher than normal. I do care - immensely - if they're a brick wall that depends on five minutes worth of perfect play, self-casting heals and managing your companion so that the companion nickle-and-dimes the mob to death.

Haven't faced that kind of challenge since the hunter legendary bow quest.

Frankly, I got the 'vivicar' quest at level 31. I had to get friends to help out. It surprised the hell out of my FOUR MAN GROUP how hard it was. They were seriously flabberghasted - clearing that ship felt like a flash point.

Edited by Lheim

He is a very easy fight and soloed him at 30. If you learned anything from your previous fight on Alderaan, stuns and interrupts must be used in order to win. Typically, I don't have to heal either myself or my companion since the damage this late in the game can kill either of us off rather quickly. Thus, I rely heavily on interrupt, knock-back, stun and lift with an occasional force armor thrown in. Find the proper rotation for damage, or if you strictly heal, make sure both you and your companion are fully geared for your level and you will do just fine.

One of the easiest bosses ... i died the first time because i had idea that force crush would actually do that ... crush you :)

After i learned that the hard way, all i had to do was fight him as every other elite, just make sure to interupt that one spell.

That Sage jedi woman on Alderaan (Simoni??) was a lot harder!!

I was completely underwhelmed and disappointed with the Lord Vivicar fight, i literally steam rolled him into the floor.

Played as Shadow with Theran healing at 32.

I interrupt all mobs casts just as a matter of course, there's a reason you have the ability, so i never even knew Vivicar could actually kill me.

Edited by MrWinkle

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's been well covered but I just soloed him last night as a level 32 kinetic shadow. I brought qyzen and he one shotted my pet on his first cast. Which is how i learned that force crush or whatever it's called really will crush you.

So I proceeded to fight him truly solo and just paid attention to interrupting that one ability. I ended up beating him with about half life left. It took a little while as I didn't have the extra dps from my pet. But as long as you pay attention to interrupting that one ability the rest of the fight is really easy.

I really enjoyed this fight. First time i was just sitting back throwing heals at Qyzen and talking to a friend, taking it easy, next thing i know Vivicar is attacking me. I check on Qyzen and then realise he's dead! I proberly should have been paying more attention :rolleyes: Round 2 he kills me straight away but i noticed the interuptable power he used. Round 3 i just kept stunning him and hitting him with mind snap. Piece of cake once i figured out what was going on. I was level 32 at this point. Spec'd as a healer.

Some good advice here alright. I'm level 30 at the moment and just started on Tatooine. When do you fight him? I'll probably be much higher by then. :)

If you're on-target for what level the content is, you'll be around 36 when you get to him.

Using interrupts has been mentioned, doing that consistently trivializes many class bosses. I actually don't remember Vivicar at all as being difficult, only the weird pulls leading to him. Any slow cast ability of a boss usually hurts a lot. Best to prevent all or as many of them as possible.

I find it much easier, even as a healing Sage, to tank caster bosses myself, using an undergeared Tharan for healing or dps. Healing and moving a tank companion requires me to switch target while I can easily heal myself (or use LOS) when tanking. Tharan is also much better at staying out of ground effects. The risk of missing an interrupt is too high using a tank.

If I happen to have Qyzen or Nadia out and and an unknown boss has huge, casted damage abilities that need to be interrupted I often sacrifice them, stay on the boss, and solo the boss the rest of the way. It is safer than switching target and miss an interrupt.

Melee or ranged physical bosses are easiest tanked by companions though as a Sage.

I defeated him on the first try quite easily as a Seer-spec Sage with Theran out. I was level 32 or 33. I think he is 31?

From the sounds of things I must have used my interrupt simply because I'm in the habit of doing so, especially with anything tougher than a normal enemy.