Hit the spacebar!!

TonyACT

when you finish reading a book, do you start it all over again? and again? and again? and again?

I usually wait a while to re-visit a book, and usually never more than 2 or 3 times if i really liked it.

leave it to you thought to slap the person in the face who's never read that book and wants to get into the story a little bit.

HOW DARE YOU RUIN MY GAME! SkIP THE CUT SCENE n00b.

i can see you doing that.

to bad you don't really know who isn't skipping and who is. the person watching can easily say they skipped and blame it on a bug or something. hell i'd probably watch the cut scene if somebody told me to skip it.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That street goes both way friend, you might pay your 15 a month, but if the rest of the group is in agreement against you, they pay far more.

There's a fine line here, no doubt.

If it was made known at the start that people expected to skip though the dialog, then yes everyone should do it. If you don't want to do that, then you should find another group.

But if that wasn't stated up front, and someone says "Hey I'm new want to watch the dialog" then yeah I don't care how much more everyone else paid, they knew what the person wanted. Once the thing starts it's too late to change the "rules" on how people should behave.

If the FP starts and no one objects to that, then I'd consider that to be the agreed upon method for the FP.

People will whine. There is literally no way to tell who hasn't pressed spacebar, so just mimic them in saying 'ZOMG PRESS SPACE BAR OMGOMGOMG' and watch as they turn on each other in knowing someone is lying, but not knowing who. This alone is better than any cutscene XD

People will whine. There is literally no way to tell who hasn't pressed spacebar, so just mimic them in saying 'ZOMG PRESS SPACE BAR OMGOMGOMG' and watch as they turn on each other in knowing someone is lying, but not knowing who. This alone is better than any cutscene XD

LOL

see now you know how i feel its great entertainment. that and i don't mind the cut scenes i think they're done pretty well. and older cut scenes i haven't seen for awhile i'll want to see again. nuff said.

the game is not gonna say

X, X, X have pressed space bar waiting on X

Unfortunately I believe that we have welcomed a large number of the Xbox/PS3 croud who just want to spank on through and not actually enjoy the game.

Now, before you all start, I know that some will have run it before, but does that mean that anyone new to the mission has to miss all of the content to appease you?

This. ^^

Then i would have booted you:)

Yes. Because waiting for someone else to join your flashpoint is SO much faster than waiting for cutscenes.

On the other hand, I never accept Flashpoint invites. I always do the inviting so that I can make sure I don't have to roll need against anybody who can use my loot. That way I can need AND greed at the same time.

Managed to get in my 2nd group last night, I think it was Esselles? Lo and behold every time we got to a conversation 2 of my group kept spamming 'hit the spacebar dude'. One of them at least was ok with me reading the text, the other even more impatient. Silly me, I wanted the immersion to continue and had in mind listening to the conversations.

Of course, at the end the group dispersed while I was in the middle of typing 'see you later and thanks for the group'.

2 points of gameplay from my perspective out of this experience:

1) Get a grip. This is meant to be a new story-based approach to MMORPGs - if you don't like it, sorry, but I do, and I will continue to listen to the story until it bores me, then I will hit the bar, but I won't try and pressure others into it

2) I think we should get social points for kills, heals and chatting to others

Put them on ignore and never speak to them again. It's what I would of done. No one pressures me or forces me to play the way they want to play.

I've run into this too, and it bothers me hugely.

People should be upfront if they're not casual friendly. If you're trying to speedrun, let me know. I want to stop and smell the roses, especially if it is my first time running the flashpoint.

Most of us are leveling, play a flashpoint once or twice when its new and then go back to leveling again. We don't want to speedrun, we want to enjoy it.

People who join a group and then constantly say "SPACEBAR" annoy the crap out of me.

Its one thing if we were all level 50, and we were running heroics over and over for loot, and everybody knew the story already.

But sheesh, most of us are still doing these for the first time!

Kiddin right? I do that right now, and I DO kick people who don't space bar the cut scene, if you want to watch it, go make your own group, don't slow me and the 2 other people down. Best part is, if they don't like it, they're not forced to join my group.

What server and character do you play? Because I want to make sure I never group with you. ;)

Kiddin right? I do that right now, and I DO kick people who don't space bar the cut scene, if you want to watch it, go make your own group, don't slow me and the 2 other people down. Best part is, if they don't like it, they're not forced to join my group.

Kicking people for that reason is an incredibly lame thing to do. I really do often wonder what is wrong with some of you people.

I'm going to mentally file this away for later...

What server and character do you play? Because I want to make sure I never group with you. ;)

To be fair, that person did say that they agreed that the party the OP mentioned was wrong because it wasn't made clear up front that they wanted to skip past the dialog.

I have no problem with someone wanting to rush though a FP, as long as they make it clear that's what they intend to do.

To be fair, that person did say that they agreed that the party the OP mentioned was wrong because it wasn't made clear up front that they wanted to skip past the dialog.

I have no problem with someone wanting to rush though a FP, as long as they make it clear that's what they intend to do.

To be fair, I wouldn't want to group with people with that attitude in any case. It's just grating to deal with obnoxious people who insist you do it their way no matter what.

What's funny to me is that the people who have the kind of attitude that is on display so prominently in this thread have a very hard time figuring out why they have such a hard time getting a group together.

There is literally no way to tell who hasn't pressed spacebar, so just

Yes there is. There's a social roll that determines which character does the speaking during the scene following each decision, and that roll does not occur until you've selected an option. So anyone who hasn't made their selection yet will show "..." instead of a number. It's pretty obvious when someone is watching scenes.

Edited by Laiov

Yes there is. There's a social roll that determines which character does the speaking during the scene following each decision, and that roll does not occur until you've selected an option. So anyone who hasn't made their selection yet will show "..." instead of a number. It's pretty obvious when someone is watching scenes.

Um, thats just the choice selecting part. The actual dialogue that occurs leading up to the choice does NOT show who hasn't space bar-ed their way because all it will state is Waiting on Players.

Waiting on Players.

Oh right. Nevermind.

In that case the previous poster is right. If there's no way to tell, who cares? They can't do anything about it. Just pretend you're as impatient as they are.

Edited by Laiov

Why are people in such a hurry?

As a healer it can be annoying when the tank pulls too fast. If the group can't be patient enough to watch some cut scenes I'd hate to think how quickly the tank rushes through the mobs.

Managed to get in my 2nd group last night, I think it was Esselles? Lo and behold every time we got to a conversation 2 of my group kept spamming 'hit the spacebar dude'. One of them at least was ok with me reading the text, the other even more impatient. Silly me, I wanted the immersion to continue and had in mind listening to the conversations.

Of course, at the end the group dispersed while I was in the middle of typing 'see you later and thanks for the group'.

1) Get a grip. This is meant to be a new story-based approach to MMORPGs - if you don't like it, sorry, but I do, and I will continue to listen to the story until it bores me, then I will hit the bar, but I won't try and pressure others into it

Those are exactly that kind of jerks that I detest grouping with. Why you gave in, I don't know. Stand by your principles, tell them you want to see the story and if they don't like it they can get another tank. Or healer. Or well.. sucks if you're DPS. ;)

This speaks to my point in another thread that this kind of behavior happens plenty often WITHOUT a dungeon finder. People are jerks and that's the way it is. I don't know why people think everyone smells like a pretty flower until there is a dungeon finder and then they all wilt and act like morons.