The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Expertise Exploiting

Hurkk

As a healer rolling in some of the Empire of Insomnia organize group, I can tell you that i think I'm invisible sometimes because no one focus me.

I've had games where i almost reach 600k healing in voidstar without dieing once~

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a healer rolling in some of the Empire of Insomnia organize group, I can tell you that i think I'm invisible sometimes because no one focus me.

I've had games where i almost reach 600k healing in voidstar without dieing once~

I've noticed a lot of idiots in this game, way more than in other PvP games. Healers are VERY helpful in this game, maybe they just haven't realized it yet/they are thinking its like other MMOs were healers aren't as important.

Funny because in my experience old gamers are the ones most likely to cry foul at something completely legitimate. They also love to rationalize it with "well i'm old, so i'm right"

I hate young people who think they're always right.

Stereotypes are awesome!

Edited by karnyboy

Focus fire actualy doesn't work very well on this game due to taunt/guard and that healing, of course, can be focused as well. Against a tough team, your best bet is put pressure on 3-4 guys at the same time (healers + range DPS) and then focus fire when an opening appears. Just trying to send 4 guys after 1 healer is not going to work against a good team. That guy's going to be guarded and you'll be taunted and the damage will get outhealed.

Focus fire actualy doesn't work very well on this game due to taunt/guard and that healing, of course, can be focused as well. Against a tough team, your best bet is put pressure on 3-4 guys at the same time (healers + range DPS) and then focus fire when an opening appears. Just trying to send 4 guys after 1 healer is not going to work against a good team. That guy's going to be guarded and you'll be taunted and the damage will get outhealed.

I've seen this happen outright disgusting.

a level 50 which no doubt had many pieces of pvp gear would not drop below 50% health, even with 6 of us attacking him.

Shields always up, probably guarded and on top of that no amount of trauma seemed to affect his ability to full heal or heal more than the incoming damage.

We play against a guild on Warriors of the Shadow server and they hack through our champ geared level 50's like butter. You attack them and you hardly dent them and we think they have been abusing Expertise. Lets face it, these devs pushed this game with problems to meet a deadline and its time they added a patch which gives an expertise cap.

This is from someone who has pvp'd for 20 years now(yea im old) in MMOs and can say im 100% certain they are abusing something(s) major. Yes, I know about Relics and abilities which give you boosts, but this is sustained and nonstop to the degree where none of them ever die even when Focus Fired through an entire warzone and I have fought them now 4 times with the scoreboard showing the same results.

Please look into this as players are going to get fed up.

Hey man I totally know what you mean! These guys rolled me so hard in Huttball the other day I swear they must have been cheating in some way. Did you happen to catch any of their names Hurkk? I think you and I should go find these guys on Ilum and camp them with a bunch of other people to show them that cheating is wrong!

Funny, everyone responds with stuff like this that isnt straight trolling and if they read the OP they would see I know exactly what the tank/shield mechanic is and the difference between a premade who FF's, CCs and all that good stuff is.

I guess I should expect this posting, was more just tossing it out there to see if others noticed this and a few of you did. Hopefully Devs will fix the exploiting soon.

Nobody said they noticed it. You sound like a crazy person

I've seen this happen outright disgusting.

a level 50 which no doubt had many pieces of pvp gear would not drop below 50% health, even with 6 of us attacking him.

Shields always up, probably guarded and on top of that no amount of trauma seemed to affect his ability to full heal or heal more than the incoming damage.

A guarded healer is by far harder to kill than even a tank. It doesn't mean you should leave him completely alone but trying to grind him down isn't going to work either. I've found that against a tough team, the best way is to methodically remove their weakest players first because those guys are unlikely to be healed by their healer, and yet for each man advantage you have, you get a lot of advantage versus healers since CC and pushback work 100% of the time regardless of gear difference. Almost always if you have 2 spell interrupts (not stun/KB, those can be negated by resolve) you will finish a healer off, except no one character has two spell interrupts. If you can interrupt his second heal after his first heal was interrupted, the healer will die.

Edited by Astarica

I bet they just have one or two Jedi guardians ( w/e the sith side of this class is) and he is spec for being a tank just tuanting your team and throwing guard up on the people being targeted by your focus fire grp. just by doing that you will be dealing way less damage then you used to doing becuase one guy decided hey im gonna be a team player and make my team take less damage. It see it work all the time when i play my jedi Guardian in pvp. Hope this helps in some way.

If the op is stating the target is truly by himself, Neither Guard nor Taunt would mitigate any damage focused on him.

We play against a guild on Warriors of the Shadow server and they hack through our champ geared level 50's like butter. You attack them and you hardly dent them and we think they have been abusing Expertise. Lets face it, these devs pushed this game with problems to meet a deadline and its time they added a patch which gives an expertise cap.

This is from someone who has pvp'd for 20 years now(yea im old) in MMOs and can say im 100% certain they are abusing something(s) major. Yes, I know about Relics and abilities which give you boosts, but this is sustained and nonstop to the degree where none of them ever die even when Focus Fired through an entire warzone and I have fought them now 4 times with the scoreboard showing the same results.

Please look into this as players are going to get fed up.

Please... Can I have your gear and credits when you quit?

Undying Rage: Reduces damage by 99% for 5 seconds. Plus healers and guard, etc, etc.

I use it when I'm about to die because everyone wants to get that last hit in and while I might die, sometimes I don't and I hack through people like butter because they ignore healers.

Accusing people of exploits is funny, though.

This is from someone who has pvp'd for 20 years now(yea im old) in MMOs and can say im 100% certain they are abusing something(s) major.

There were no MMO's in 1992. UO launched in 1997, so you have been PVPING in MMOs for a max of 15 years. MUD's don't count :p