Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

November preorders get IN here!!

Nightborder

26th here. I bought a preorder back in September but I didn't realize how the redemption worked until late November. Kicking myself now - the friend I wanted to roll with got her invite today and it only looks like I stand a small chance for tomorrow. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time, it hurts a little bit more every time I check my e-mail to no avail. =(

I am also 26th.

If you look at the calender, the 26th is the last Monday in November. We are pretty much on the borderline, but I'm very confident that we will make it in tomorrow, in the last wave. You also need to hope for another bonus wave!

Also look at the many servers that have been added. I don't think they will leave that large of a gap in November, because there is a decent spike in December as people rushed to get pre orders.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also 26th.

If you look at the calender, the 26th is the last Monday in November. We are pretty much on the borderline, but I'm very confident that we will make it in tomorrow, in the last wave. You also need to hope for another bonus wave!

Also look at the many servers that have been added. I don't think they will leave that large of a gap in November, because there is a decent spike in December as people rushed to get pre orders.

Let's all hold hands and hope for the bonus wave to take us through November! :eek:

StephenReid General Discussion -> PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

This is not the full update, yet - I'd like Gabe Amatangelo to weigh in. There is one important thing to note, however.

No-one is 'exploiting' this aspect of the game. We have looked at the metrics across every server, and no-one is earning an unusual amount of experience from PvP Warzones. In fact, when looking at the top-level players in the entire game, they are gaining XP fastest from completing quests. Also as of this morning, our top player on all servers was not in the 30-40 level range. They probably are now, but then they've been playing a lot - and gaining the bulk of their XP from normal quests.

In other words, whoever started this rumor was either confused or deliberately trying to start confusion.

Like I said, I'm tracking down Gabe to talk more about how Warzone XP is allocated and the design decisions behind it. Right now, however, we do not see this as an exploit. In simple terms, a player can gain more XP in the same period of time from normal play than from doing this.

More when I track down Gabe and nail him to a keyboard.

that's good

this is good if true but i am sorry if i find things said by BW at this point a little hard to believe..

even if you look at this though you do realize that even 30 levels by the end of day one is a long way to the end and will create issues..

i for one think i am resubbing to WoW as after a year break it is better again and i don;t have to lay out $50 for a game that might not last till summer.. maybe end of spring i will look again but after 3 years of watching i think the launch has me turned right off of star wars anything (and i was 10 or 11 when i saw star wars on the return visits so many years ago and have loved it ever since.)

GL guys i wish you all the best and hope you get what you are looking for.

General Discussion -> Email invite waves for today, 12/14 (and an update for tomorrow)

A quick update on today's invites, and a little preview of tomorrow.

Today, we invited people who had pre-ordered up to the very beginning of October (roughly). Tomorrow, we're going to be inviting the same number of people again; that will take us up to the last week or so of November. On Friday, we'll be inviting even more, and we'll give you an update on that tomorrow.

You'll see more servers coming online tomorrow, and almost certainly there will be some queuing. That was always expected. As a reminder, our plan here is to maintain healthy server populations post launch, and during the excitement of launch that will mean queues. That said, we'll be working hard to keep those queues reasonable.

From Dev Tracker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.