Does Bioware support griefing on PvP servers?

Mapache

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my guild joined a PvP server to PvP, yes, that's established. But we did so in good faith since Bioware assured us that they would implement measures to prevent griefing even on PvP servers... so where are these preventions? PvP server rulesets actually promote griefing on PvP servers.

Level 50's can go to Nar Shaddaa, Hoth, Alderaan, and Tatooine to just name a few and go INSIDE quest hubs, wait for questers to get off taxis, then slaughter them, they respawn there at the base, they kill them again, corpse camp, and repeat until they get some kind of help, map, or log out. Really Bioware? Just about every day I log on there are 50's inside Aurek base on Hoth waiting for people (usually lvl 40's) to come out of the spaceport, then they gank them. Seriously? There is no chance for a couple 40's to fight a group of 50's in this game, especially with the accuracy differential. PvP servers should not promote griefing. Enemy factions should NOT be able to go INSIDE enemy quest hubs/taxi locations. I'm really still scratching my head on this one.

Where are the level 50 one-shot turrets around factioned quest hubs to prevent this like in other MMO's? Why can't low-levels actually HIT level 50's in pvp? Why is there such a huge accuracy differential in PvP, I can understand it being there for PvE, but PvP too? Lower level players 10+ have absolutely no chance to defend themselves against players 10 or more levels higher, even in large groups, one 50 with high defense can take out a party of 30's. And what's worse, they can't even escape on their speeders due to 50's having a 20% faster speeder. Do I like PvP? Yes, but I don't like griefing and ya'll said there would be things in the game to prevent griefing... what things?

Here are my ideas for fixing PvP on PvP servers, and I think there'd be a lot more happy players if you implemented these ideas.

• Remove the accuracy debuff on lower-level players so they can actually defend themselves against 50's. Accuracy should be based on stats, not level. They will probably die anyways, but at least 10 level 20's will actually stand a chance against 1 50.
  • Add level 50 Champion one-shot turrets and stealth detection fields to all Taxi Locations to prevent taxi/spawn camping
  • Give players the ability to buy some kind of "Treaty Badge" on PvP servers that prevents players from attacking or being attacked in open world PvP for 24 hrs but it does not work in Warzones or Ilum. Alternatively, this badge could be a permanent open-world protection from attack from enemy players 8 or more levels higher.

breaking news: pvp on a pvp server.

deal with it.

Although I can understand your frustration, you have yourself to blame; you made the choice to roll on a PVP server. As a direct result of posting this daft thread, you may have very well made your existence on 'said' server a whole lot worse.

Enjoy the teabagging good Sir :D

It absolutely IS PVP. Keeping the other side from leveling efficiently is absolutely 100% part of what guilds should be doing on PVP servers.

Would be careful with that. If a group of say 7 individuals is preventing several hundred (not at the same time mind you) from leveling...guess which 7 will be met with a login error and an email detailing their ban.

One thing to remember is the rules can change at a drop of a hat. If Bioware's GM Team deam your group to be a profit-loss; say good bye.

Blizzard has been known to hand out 72hr suspensions to groups of people (small raid sized), who "excessively disrupted the gameplay of others"; on pvp servers.

Bioware may not share the same spelling, but they do share the same desire to "please", or at least pretend to, the majority of the payees.

Would be careful with that. If a group of say 7 individuals is preventing several hundred (not at the same time mind you) from leveling...guess which 7 will be met with a login error and an email detailing their ban.

One thing to remember is the rules can change at a drop of a hat. If Bioware's GM Team deam your group to be a profit-loss; say good bye.

Blizzard has been known to hand out 72hr suspensions to groups of people (small raid sized), who "excessively disrupted the gameplay of others"; on pvp servers.

Bioware may not share the same spelling, but they do share the same desire to "please", or at least pretend to, the majority of the payees.

sorry but i'm pretty sure you cant get baned for pvping.

Every time i have seen 50's camping a quest hub it always leads to some kick *** world pvp...and lets face it that why ppl (maby not you) role on a pvp server

an hour?? wow your being nice

Well yes an hour i mean it takes about that long to skill up and lose new player status on ultima online....after that prepare to be camped ***** pillaged and basically QQing until you manage to get some good gear and start dealing death to everyone so i dont get what this kid is whining about

Edited by Phadian_gess

you cant blame bw because of those lowbie gankers. if they have fun while ganking little ones, let them do it. ie me and my friend(lvl 38&41) had a fight in a quest area(i guess questing was primary objective for both sides, atleast for us) at hoth. we beated siths several time but then 5-6 high levelled came and zerged us. we just laughed because there are actually some people who bother with travelling whole map to zerg few lowbies. but this open world pvp, take it or leave it.

lol i farmed a trooper at shrine of healing for over an hour that was 2 levels higher trying to kill and afk bh and after 8 kills here comes a rep zergball and rolls the place and the more imps come in retaliation. Its what the pvp server is at atm gank or be ganked make a choice and make it fast! Edited by hargrave

I know of a religious figure and a modern day Christian who never quit.......thats right Christ and TIM TEBOW. Think you should take a page out of their books and stop crying. Why would you ever join a pvp server to complain about pvp? Thats the single most stupid thing ive ever heard.

Plus you have literally not only given yourself but evry member of your guild a target on their back. Way to make everyone you play with the laughing stock of your server.

We all know the real problem is that your guild cantlevel fast enuff has nothing to do with griefing its simply ur mad cause u cant do it yet. Take ur beating like a man. Level. Come back and hopefully take your manhood back.

Edited by Masturomenos

sorry but i'm pretty sure you cant get baned for pvping.

Every time i have seen 50's camping a quest hub it always leads to some kick *** world pvp...and lets face it that why ppl (maby not you) role on a pvp server

I don't know man at this point I don't think Bioware knows what the hell they're doing. It's not too much a stretch that someone would get banned for PvPing - as someone got banned for Slicing nodes.

Didn't read the whole thread, so I don't know if it was mentioned, but you can't "grief" someone in a game that has no death penalty. So no, Bioware does not support griefing, and goes out of their way to make it mechanically impossible.

I know of a religious figure and a modern day Christian who never quit.......thats right Christ and TIM TEBOW. Think you should take a page out of their books and stop crying. Why would you ever join a pvp server to complain about pvp? Thats the single most stupid thing ive ever heard.

Plus you have literally not only given yourself but evry member of your guild a target on their back. Way to make everyone you play with the laughing stock of your server.

We all know the real problem is that your guild cantlevel fast enuff has nothing to do with griefing its simply ur mad cause u cant do it yet. Take ur beating like a man. Level. Come back and hopefully take your manhood back.

I agree with the whole post cept for the tim tebow part because if your really a christian you should not be comparing any man to the son of god regardless of his witness etc etc

Well, when you rolled a PvP server, you got a warning saying "Anything that can be resolved through PvP will NOT be considered griefing, and will NOT be punished as so" or something very similarly along those lines.

Any form of camping can be resolved through PvP. And the best part is, if you just play an alt for 10 minutes or go make something to eat/drink, when you come back, the person/people killing you will probably be gone.

The even BETTER part is, if you get a chance, you can just switch to the other instance of whatever planet you're on, and they won't find you again.