take the ******** off the front page

Puppets

I think a big part of the confusion was in thinking that "up to 5 days early" actually meant:

"You can play up to 5 days early ONCE SERVERS ARE READY FOR EVERYBODY..."

In other words... People like me are not mad about the wait... we're mad that we weren't informed that there would be people with even EARLIER ACCESS than our supposed "EARLY ACCESS"!!!

In other words... my so-called "early" access is... in fact... "LATE"!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the advertisement says "preorder now you will get at least 1 day's early access" then there would be nothing wrong with it.

However, saying you will get "up to five days" when that is a blatant lie is misleading advertising.

This.

There is no way that someone who pre-orders today will play 5 days early. They could write 'up to 100 days early' and it would mean the same thing.

This.

There is no way that someone who pre-orders today will play 5 days early. They could write 'up to 100 days early' and it would mean the same thing.

Exactly. But, this is what EA/BioWare is best at nowadays, and they sure dont give a flying **** what the community thinks about it.

This.

exactly is it illegal nope unthethical yes, and a shoddy business practice. Its why EA is beginign to stick biowares name on things like Command and Conquor now, but if Bioware doesnt get its act toghether there going to have the same crap rep.

exactly is it illegal nope unthethical yes, and a shoddy business practice. Its why EA is beginign to stick biowares name on things like Command and Conquor now, but if Bioware doesnt get its act toghether there going to have the same crap rep.

Isnt that what they are already building right now? BioWare should'nt have gone to EA. EVER. Quality and people in charge like EA don't mix and match, B-dubz.

It still amazes me how people think they are being mature by degrading other people based on their personal opinions.

So hilarious.

It's the Internet. It makes a lot of people think they're special because they for once in their life gets a chance to answer back at someone without facing consequences.

attack of the december 2011 trolls. wouldn't be surprised if people just slapped down 5 bucks to have some fun

Oooh! Somebody disagrees with my opinion, must be a troll :(

Seriously, ever lived in a democratic society? It IS nice, I must say.

attack of the december 2011 trolls. wouldn't be surprised if people just slapped down 5 bucks to have some fun

I don't understand.

Are you saying that people who signed up in December are trolls because they signed up in December?

But wait, that logic makes you a troll.

Interesting?

Edited by Sarah_Kerrigan

No it's not. UP TO 5 days is totally true. You can have up to that, no where does it say that you will get that. You could have 5 minutes of early access and the statement of UP TO 5 days will still be true.

The fact that reading comprehension is failing a good portion of the community doesn't mean that EA/Bioware is in the wrong.

Oooh! Somebody disagrees with my opinion, must be a troll :(

Seriously, ever lived in a democratic society? It IS nice, I must say.

Also, SWTOR forums are not a democratic society. It is a totalitarian despotic regime.

Edited by Mkvenner

what mess? That it's a first come first served line like they promised? I knew what i signed up for, that was the deal i chose to made, only a person with no ethics would expect bioware to break that deal at the last minute.

The only mess i see are illiterate and/or lazy people that didn't read the early access faq.

+1 :)

If the advertisement says "preorder now you will get at least 1 day's early access" then there would be nothing wrong with it.

However, saying you will get "up to five days" when that is a blatant lie is misleading advertising.

If it said you will get at least 1 day, You know people would buy it last week and be complaining that they weren't inthe day they bought it. You know they would, cmon, you know

No it's not. UP TO 5 days is totally true. You can have up to that, no where does it say that you will get that. You could have 5 minutes of early access and the statement of UP TO 5 days will still be true.

The fact that reading comprehension is failing a good portion of the community doesn't mean that EA/Bioware is in the wrong.

Problem is... No where in that big ad does it mention the staggered opening...

People like me assumed they were going to let everyone in "up to 5 days early... WHEN THE SERVERS ARE READY... for EVERYONE AT THE SAME TIME"

Errr. Saying something like that while catering to the masses is bound to **** up. BioWare brought this on themselves, customers like CLARITY, not vague wording and non-existant customer service, as in; "Well let you know when we know"

No it's not. UP TO 3 days is totally true (if you purchase the game today!). You can have up to that, no where does it say that you will get that. You could have 24 hours of early access and the statement of UP TO 3 days will still be true.

There, corrected you a bit. ;)

I had no problems with the stress test...

Bioware never said it would take 7 days for a smooth launch. Where are you getting your info from?

Though they DID say it would be staggered and that the sooner you redeem your pre-order code, the sooner you would get in.

True to their word thus far.

If it said you will get at least 1 day, You know people would buy it last week and be complaining that they weren't inthe day they bought it. You know they would, cmon, you know

Attention; for the last time, we're not talking about people who pre-ordered 1 month ago. We're talking about people who pre-order the game TODAY.

Pay attention

The sales pitch says up to five days and the reality is "at least one day". That is the definition of false advertising. It is inequitable as hell.

The sales pitch says up to five days and the reality is "at least one day". That is the definition of false advertising. It is inequitable as hell.

In his defense, we all know what UP TO 5 DAYS means, the question is if it's morally acceptable to say that while infact they KNOW you get probably one day tops.

And u wont even get a full day at that seeing how server's will come down multipul hour's before midnight on the 19th

Good thing you'll have your CD Key ( you did order Origin, right? ) to input, so you can keep playing on the 20th.

Because, you know, if you don't get to play before launch, it will ruin your life.

Forever.

Problem is... No where in that big ad does it mention the staggered opening...

People like me assumed they were going to let everyone in "up to 5 days early... WHEN THE SERVERS ARE READY... for EVERYONE AT THE SAME TIME"

First lesson of real life, never assume anything.

Carry on.