Launch was yestaday, 2 "extra days" planned from beginning, EA strategy.

SinisterWarlock

Anothing person who doesn't know what launch means. I'm tired of hearing this posted over and over. So let me help you.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/launch

launch

1    [lawnch, lahnch] Show IPA

verb (used with object)

to set (a boat or ship) in the water.

to float (a newly constructed boat or ship) usually by allowing to slide down inclined ways into the water.

to send forth, catapult, or release, as a self-propelled vehicle or weapon: Rockets were launched midway in the battle. The submarine launched its torpedoes and dived rapidly.

to start (a person) on a course, career, etc.

to set going; initiate: to launch a scheme.

to throw; hurl: to launch a spear.

to start (a new venture) or promote (a new product): They launched a new breakfast cereal.

Computers . to start (a software program).

I guess you don't know what the word launch means!!! *SNAP*

Game has launched. Just because they didn't wait until the copies were in hand doesn't mean this not a launch.

Would you feel better if they delayed launch to, say, January 31st? Or would you be mad because you expected to play on Dec. 20th?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Which part of "I have already paid" do people not get? I paid directly with a direct debit card. The pre-order fee is subtracted from my account as well as the entire amount for the game itself. It stands to reason then I didn't put down a down-payment, doesn't it?

If you were charged $65, then you were probably had.

Grammar; stopped at the first letter not capitalized. Also saw you were one of many to copy my witty post style. Thank you for the compliment, but I am not interested :o

Iam sorry, i admit i wasnt paying attention to the overwhelming issue of a non capitalized letter at the beginning of my post, maybe it was simply my rage and emotions, over utter senselessness, taking over my mind once i finished reading the OP

Edited by IvamAkorahil

I paid to play the game on launch.

It is launch.

I am not playing.

I win with logic.

Flawless victory.

Yes, flawless logic... so you go ahead and sue BW for a refund for every beta and EGA day you havent been allowed to play.

Yes, EGA was planned like this.

But when you ordered BW told you that and BW told you about the staggering of waves.

BW made the EGA a gift (as in something you do not pay for) instead of going a for taking money from the getgo and without most people being able to play, due to login queque und server crashes, even though everyone gets charged for their starring at the queque screens fun time.

If you do not like the EGA and feel cheated out off your free to play extra week, go ahead and cancel your pre-order. Please do so.

Also folks stated that it takes a day to make lvl50... by that logic, getting in 3 days late only means making 3 less lvl50 alts to be on the same page as first wavers.

Launch was not yesterday, that's just when early access started. Can you get your hands on a copy of the game, if you go to you're local gaming store will they have it sitting on the shelves? No? That's because the actual release/launch isn't until the 20th.

The launch for people that pre ordered the game was 13th dec! the game that realeses in shops starts 20th dec.

so its launched!

When are people going to understand that ?

Yes, flawless logic... so you go ahead and sue BW for a refund for every beta and EGA day you havent been allowed to play.

Yes, EGA was planned like this.

But when you ordered BW told you that and BW told you about the staggering of waves.

BW made the EGA a gift (as in something you do not pay for) instead of going a for taking money from the getgo and without most people being able to play, due to login queque und server crashes, even though everyone gets charged for their starring at the queque screens fun time.

If you do not like the EGA and feel cheated out off your free to play extra week, go ahead and cancel your pre-order. Please do so.

Also folks stated that it takes a day to make lvl50... by that logic, getting in 3 days late only means making 3 less lvl50 alts to be on the same page as first wavers.

The serious is strong with this one.

My my.

This is getting ridiculous.

The release date of Star Wars The Old Republic is 12/20/11.

I can't go to the Best Buy I work at and purchase SWTOR, because all of the copies are still boxed up within the shrine I made for them in the warehouse, where they will remain until 12/20/11.

The dedication of the people that pre ordered before everyone else is rewarded with EGA. First come first serve.

On a side note, if you're worried about someone being a higher level than you in an mmo, you should just cancel your pre order now.

Seriously guys, chill the hell out. This is nothing to get that upset about. Go read a book or take a walk or something.

UP TO FIVE DAYS, not 5 days.

" The length directly depends on when you redeed your preorder code" It has been there since pre-order opened. Heck you even get two exta days now, just to make sure everyone gets respectable time with the FREE EGA.

You're not paying until the 20th, until you redeem product key and set up payment method. And even then you get 30 days out of the box. What the heck is wrong with you?

If you wanted to play so much, you would have taken every opportunity and you'd have played up to 15 day free.( 2 open beta weekend + 7 days for the Bioware fanboys, who were dying to play)

As far as i'm concerned, Bioware was more than generous, giving me a whole 8 days to playtest a virtually smooth experience and another 7 for placing some fate in them(duh) after all these year and preordering.

AGAIN OFFICIAL LAUNCH IS on 20th, because you get billed after it starts/////

I complained a month ago. But first in JULY it was 7 dyas then cut to 5 some time in AUG and then back to 7 The other day. On top of all of this the 2 extra day lodgic is wrong.

And yet another person who doesn't know what the word launch means. I'm tired of hearing this posted over and over. So let me help you.

launch

verb (used with object)

to float (a newly constructed boat or ship) usually by allowing to slide down inclined ways into the water.

to send forth, catapult, or release, as a self-propelled vehicle or weapon: Rockets were launched midway in the battle. The submarine launched its torpedoes and dived rapidly.

to start (a new venture) or promote (a new product): They launched a new breakfast cereal.

Game has launched. Just because they didn't wait until the copies were in hand doesn't mean this not a launch.

TO START Has the servers started? YES!

Have they STARTED to let people in? YES! (If someoe is in line for a new rollercoaster and someone is on the ride and going up the first hill has the rollercoaster STARTED? YES!)

So YES SWTOR has launched!!! OMG!

SAD! SAD! SAD!

Iam sorry, i admit i wasnt paying attention to the overwhelming issue of a non capitalized letter at the beginning of my post, maybe it was simply my rage and emotions, over utter senselessness, taking over my mind once i finished reading the OP

They have a pill for that.

I mean, this IS America, land of the over diagnosed, or is that obese?

Probs both.

Which part of "I have already paid" do people not get? I paid directly with a direct debit card. The pre-order fee is subtracted from my account as well as the entire amount for the game itself. It stands to reason then I didn't put down a down-payment, doesn't it?

I pre-ordered from Origin, paid with a direct debit card. It authorized the full payment (55 euros) but after about 48 hours, 50 euros were deposited back into my account. I'll be billed for that on December 16.

The full game costs 55 euros for those who buy it on December 20 or after. It also cost me 55 euros. I will get Early Access, they won't.

I got charged $85 for the regular edition, including pre-order fee through Origin. Money is already gone from my account ;)

In Origin? How? It took a temporary hold and then it was supposed to return the hold and only take a total of $5.00.

That's what happened with my wife's order. When the rest comes out we'll be billed 75 dollars.

Normal price is 80 for the DDE, so it evens out.

We preordered within 3 hours of the announcement, because we wanted day 1 minute 1 access and they said it was first come first serve for early access then.

We always knew it would be in waves. You can't call them liars for that.

Hell, they have to do it in waves, to avoid the epic server crashes they'd get otherwise. (or rift-like 8 hour queues. Which I still anticipate coming on some servers :D We are talking about 2 million people trying to get in)

Too bad my epic post warning everyone to brace for queues and server crashes died with the old forums. The kind of demand this game is going to have over the next week is going to be staggering. *badum pssh*

It cant be the launch day of the game as it concerns only those who have preordered the game. All others, all, cant be in. And in fact as we speak now, even those how have preordered, a huge % of them, arent even in... but it's another matter.

See it as a kind of "inner-launch", "close-launch".

The public launch is still on december the 20th.

No I'm not.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=swtor+worse+launch+ever

Here you go buddy.. you'll find dozens of article saying the exact same thing. I don't feel like picking em up 1 by 1 for you so ill let you instruct yourself.

I did search, the only results were forum posts, article/reddit comments... like yours.

Granted I've been away from academia for a few months, but I do remember reading up on finding valid sources... forum posts were not included.

The launch for people that pre ordered the game was 13th dec! the game that realeses in shops starts 20th dec.

so its launched!

When are people going to understand that ?

It's still not the actual launch since you can't get ahold of the game in stores, you can't escape that fact.

This is indeed early access and BW have always stated that on'es early access is will be determined by when the pre-order code was entered. BW have said you can get up to 5 days of early game access, they extended it. it has always been known that everyone wouldn't get in at the same time. I don't see what's so new and shocking about this revelation.

Edited by Runeshard

The game was launched the minute the Dr.'s stated it was launched. It doesn't matter what Reid or Ohlen or anyone else says. When the founders of Bioware declare the game launched, it is launched.

The only ones sticking to the "It's not launch yet!" spiel are the same fanbois who said "It's only beta!!" and will soon be saying "It's only 1-2-6 months since launch!!".

Read the good Dr's statement again, he said it's "launching" not "it is launched", as in it's building its way to being launched, and that launch process involves giving everyone free game time that they don't have to pay for, and can even cancel their orders during of using that play time linked to their account so pretty much are given a free trial without any restrictions from the time they get access.

This is getting ridiculous.

The release date of Star Wars The Old Republic is 12/20/11.

I can't go to the Best Buy I work at and purchase SWTOR, because all of the copies are still boxed up within the shrine I made for them in the warehouse, where they will remain until 12/20/11.

The dedication of the people that pre ordered before everyone else is rewarded with EGA. First come first serve.

On a side note, if you're worried about someone being a higher level than you in an mmo, you should just cancel your pre order now.

Seriously guys, chill the hell out. This is nothing to get that upset about. Go read a book or take a walk or something.

*Wispers* You have something on your nose. No offense Just wanted to point out how your post comes off. It would be hard word man, if they had not planned the 7days from the beginning. The facts it's nothing more the a QUE!

The game has launched. And in order to promote this game they have done a lot of open BETA and a Early Access. But the game has paunched in order to save money of servers they might not need to use if they wave this out. That's why they didn't even start all the servers yesterday. You know they could have started up all the servers they had and let a lot bigger waves in. But they didn't... Why? I mean the servers all ready held up to the BETA stress testing. Is so the FAN BOYS who pre-ordered on the first day could get the names they wanted and a little head start on everyone else.

It pre-ordered on AUG 1st because I wanted the CE and didn't have $25 bucks like that for the CE pre-order. I did have 5 bucks and I'm sure if I didn't I could have taken back my bottles and looked in the couch cushions to have gotten it. But I'm still not playing and I preordered on AUG 1st. They haven't even got 12 days in yet. LOL

Why did they stop the waves at until today? And why are they saying they would let even more people in today then yesterday? To keep all the FAN BOYS happy. So they could have 24 hours to get the names like Luke and Liea and Vader and stuff. That wat all the people that promote the game can be totally happy and promote the game more. Who cares about the people that didn't preorder on day one. They pre-ordered and now lets get more people to play so we can knock off WOW, Like they tried to do with Call of Duty. Epic Fail! Go EA........ HA HA HA HA ROLF

Edited by masterjedishane

I complained a month ago. But first in JULY it was 7 dyas then cut to 5 some time in AUG and then back to 7 The other day. On top of all of this the 2 extra day lodgic is wrong.

And yet another person who doesn't know what the word launch means. I'm tired of hearing this posted over and over. So let me help you.

launch

verb (used with object)

TO START Has the servers started? YES!

Have they STARTED to let people in? YES! (If someoe is in line for a new rollercoaster and someone is on the ride and going up the first hill has the rollercoaster STARTED? YES!)

So YES SWTOR has launched!!! OMG!

SAD! SAD! SAD!

Has your free 30 days started yet...? When is it going to start...? If you're not in by December 20th you have every right to spout your definition nonsense, but the game time hence the "official" launch does not go into effect til December 20th.

Edited by Logisitcs

Be great full you guys get to play on the 20th. I'll be happy if i get 1 day of EGA. I live in Australia so i had to order mine from over seas, as we don't have a date for release down here. Which is completely ********.

The majority of people are pissed off (as am i) mainly because if you check the server lists, they are not passed light or so. I think have seen ONE heavy server only.

I knew what I was getting into with EGA. I knew I wasn't getting up to 5 days. I just wanted to play at least once so I didn't have to wait another 2-3 weeks before getting it.