Launch was yestaday, 2 "extra days" planned from beginning, EA strategy.

SinisterWarlock

"Remember, these are TWO extra extra days so everyone's a winner in the end!"

This poor sap actually believes that they decided to out of the goodness of their hearts to give us two "extra" days. Do you? If you're that gullible then I have beach-front property to sell you in Arizona.

This was all planned from the get-go. Under-promise and over-deliver. All (good) design firms (architectural, engineering, graphics, games, etc.) operate under this model.

Make no mistake, folks. This is launch day disguised under the marketing ploy of being "early access." That's the only way they could get around the inevitable backlash that would result from them doing this without the marketing speak cover.

"This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

A huge team of talented, passionate people at BioWare, Electronic Arts, Lucas Arts as well as many other partners all over the world poured their hearts and souls into this game. We want to thank every single one of them for being part of the team that developed this game; it’s a monumental accomplishment.

Another group of people that we depended upon was you, the players. We had hundreds of thousands of players spend millions upon millions of hours beta testing this game. Without you we never would have been able to build it; thank you for your contribution. This game is yours just as much as it is ours.

And finally we want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, but it’s not done; it will probably never be done as we’re committed to working on Star Wars: The Old Republic in order to keep improving it and delivering exemplary service to you, the customer. It’s going to be a great ride.

Finally, we can only think of one appropriate way to sign off on this auspicious occasion:

May the Force be With You!

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

Co-Founders, BioWare"

Imagine if any other game launched but didn't allow everyone who purchased the game to log in on day one. People would be raging and gaming media would be all over it. That's exactly what is happening here, except many gamers and media outlets are buying it hook, line, and sinker because they've used marketing lingo to cover up what they're really doing.

Think critically. We're being played.

Edited by SinisterWarlock

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was launched the minute the Dr.'s stated it was launched. It doesn't matter what Reid or Ohlen or anyone else says. When the founders of Bioware declare the game launched, it is launched.

The only ones sticking to the "It's not launch yet!" spiel are the same fanbois who said "It's only beta!!" and will soon be saying "It's only 1-2-6 months since launch!!".

Edited by Zorvan

The game was launched the minute the Dr.'s stated it was launched. It doesn't matter what Reid or Ohlen or anyone else says. When the founders of Bioware declare the game launched, it is launched.

The only ones sticking to the "It's not launch yet!" spiel are the same fanbois who said "It's only beta!!" and will soon be saying "It's only 2 months since launch!!".

By 2 months from launch they'll be saying "so what if all servers are low pop, at least the kids are gone". By kids they mean the majority of subscribers.

Did you pay for the game based on the assumption that you'll get to play on Dec. 13th or something (well, you couldn't have possibly paid for the game yet as they don't charge you until the 20th, but let's ignore that for now)?

Is every day starting from Dec. 13th getting deducted from your 30-day playing time?

Edited by WaveRaider

Did you pay for the game based on the assumption that you'll get to play on Dec. 13th or something (well, you couldn't have possibly paid for the game yet as they don't charge you until the 20th, but let's ignore that for now)?

Is every day starting from Dec. 13th getting deducted from your 30-day playing time?

I paid to play the game on launch.

It is launch.

I am not playing.

I win with logic.

Flawless victory.

why are all these haters even around?

I mean I get that the 'occupy' movement is trendy now, but you don't have to hang around EVERYTHING you're unhappy with =\

If everyone who is unhappy with this launch fiasco left, Bioware would take a massive hit to sales.

Regardless of that, this whole mess leaves a bitter taste in the mouth toward Bioware for many people, they've really screwed the pooch on this one.

Stop being stupid my game has been paid in full so stop your lies

In any big company, everything is planned to the slightest detail months in advance. It's not because they're cool and good strategists and like details. It's because they can afford hiring people for the sole purpose of lining out roll-out strategies.

OP is right 90%. However, they are not counting the EGA days as game time, since that would cause a backlash most likely.

However, the "UP TO" fine print was only intended to make a scam look legit all along. They knew very well from Oct/Nov onwards that those people were never going to get 5 days of early access but they kept the "UP TO 5 days" line out there. Even now they are having it. Instead of being honest, changing the line to "UP TO 2-3 days" early access. It's still something, after all you're paying the same regardless if it's before or after the "official" launch day of 20th.

I paid to play the game on launch.

It is launch.

I am not playing.

I win with logic.

Flawless victory.

You bought a game that said it would launch is next week

You are not playing

I win with logic

Flawless Victory

Edited by John-Gerald

If everyone who is unhappy with this launch fiasco left, Bioware would take a massive hit to sales.

Regardless of that, this whole mess leaves a bitter taste in the mouth toward Bioware for many people, they've really screwed the pooch on this one.

Yeah, upwards of 25 losers would go away. I bet they are wetting themselves in fear. I have no more faith in the word of businesses anywhere than I do with the word of individuals. In my experience almost everybody on the planet is untrustworthy, and no change here.

I paid for the game under the reasonable assumption that I would get to start along with everyone else. I made this assumption because that is how its been done in every other MMO ever made. I like to compete for first to max level and be among the first to complete top end instances before they are fully explored, cataloged and farmed.

Instead, I get to sit on the forum and read drivel from shirt-chewers like you.

Edited by DunsparrowSolo

Game was available for pre order; i preordered and therefore I got in yesterday.

Nice bonus for ordering ages ago, but no automatic entitlement beyond what i signed up for.

People these days just have a too developed sense of entitlement and don't 'appreciate'.

Post modernity sucks for that...

But its not launch its EGA ( early game access) when the game is "launched" then any one with a code/game can log in. Since its "EGA" they can pick who they want to let in could be worse they could make every one wait till the 20th really but they did a nice thing to let ppl in early they just didnt do it a nice manner.

Other games I've played have made ppl wait till launch day to get in with exceptions to testers getting maybe 2-3 days early not almost a week

You bought a game that said it would launch is next week

You are not playing

I win with logic

Flawless Victory

Game launched yesterday. You really should read the stickies.

Game launched.

He's not playing.

His logic wins.

Decapitation.

I paid for the game under the reasonable assumption that I would get to start along with everyone else. I like to compete for first to max level and be among the first to complete top end instances before they are fully explored, cataloged and farmed.

Instead, I get to sit on the forum and read drivel from shirt-chewers like you.

Then you are stupid and you did not bother reading the information. Don't go anywhere further than your mirror to see where blame lies.