Launch was yestaday, 2 "extra days" planned from beginning, EA strategy.

SinisterWarlock

Anyone who ever in the slightest thinks that any company would "give" something for free share the same level of brainpower as a rock.

Try this then:

Get your EGA time, cancel pre-order immediately. Play and see what happens. Were you charged for the time you played? Report back with results.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say I'm missing your point. I bought the game knowing I could get up to 5 days of EGA, and now it's actually up to 7. Should I... complain? Feel angry?

I understand anger if you paid for something (you haven't paid yet but let's ignore that) and then did not have your goals met. But having your goals surpassed...?

I paid $168 ( $149.99 + tax/shipping ) there, Chuckles.

Sure I can cancel the order, but until if/when I do, I PAID in full.

The game was launched the minute the Dr.'s stated it was launched. It doesn't matter what Reid or Ohlen or anyone else says. When the founders of Bioware declare the game launched, it is launched.

The only ones sticking to the "It's not launch yet!" spiel are the same fanbois who said "It's only beta!!" and will soon be saying "It's only 1-2-6 months since launch!!".

The retail launch of the game is not until the 20th.

No amount of semantics can change that.

the problem is that ppl that preordered after octomber will get about 1 day maximum 2 and that is ******** really cause we all PAID 5 bucks to get early access and believe me 1 day before when all the others will be 50 lvl is stupid really.:mad:

I paid $168 ( $149.99 + tax/shipping ) there, Chuckles.

Sure I can cancel the order, but until if/when I do, I PAID in full.

Were the funds deducted from your account? Because in my country, that would be against quite a lot of rules.

But you still didn't answer my question, if you bought the game under a certain agreement, and the company surpassed your expectations, what are you supposed to feel?

Well 1 thing is 100 % sure... We can already tell that this launch is way behind the Rift standard.

Not being let into the game at the same time as everyone else is by far worse than login queues and server crashes.

And for those of you saying EGA is not a right. Well I beg to differ because it was one of their selling points for the preoder and I'm pretty sure a lot of people preordered for that reason alone.

Other games had crappy launches before and still succeeded so we will have to wait and see. Might not be the worse launch I've seen but it sure is close.

Then those people were idiots and did not read the term that clearly stated that the start of your early access would be determined by the date you redeemed your pre-order code. It's not Bioware's fault that some people cannot read.

You pre-order a game in order to be certain to play it on release day. RELEASE DAY which is December 20. Early Access was a bonus, its terms clearly outlined on swtor.com and origin.com as well. Even my e-mail from Origin warns me that Early Access depends on code redemption date.

You will be let in, you will get Early Access but not as much as other people. Exactly as Bioware said it would happen.

Well 1 thing is 100 % sure... We can already tell that this launch is way behind the Rift standard.

Not being let into the game at the same time as everyone else is by far worse than login queues and server crashes.

And for those of you saying EGA is not a right. Well I beg to differ because it was one of their selling points for the preoder and I'm pretty sure a lot of people preordered for that reason alone.

Other games had crappy launches before and still succeeded so we will have to wait and see. Might not be the worse launch I've seen but it sure is close.

Secord your opinion!!!

Excuse me, how much EGA time did they promise you? Have they broken that promise? Did they not tell you about the early bird special?

I pre-ordered knowing I probably not get much EGA time. I don't know why you people are expecting all 7 days.

And no, I don't feel bad because other people got some free playing time before me. That would be quite immature.

Were the funds deducted from your account? Because in my country, that would be against quite a lot of rules.

But you still didn't answer my question, if you bought the game under a certain agreement, and the company surpassed your expectations, what are you supposed to feel?

They were deducted. Wal-Mart requires full payment when you pre-order online. And it's perfectly legal.

Company has surpassed your expectations, they have not surpassed mine. Nor have they surpassed a large number of other customers expectations. So asking me how you should feel is kind of irrelevant.

That's no excuse. They knew exactly how many preorders they had. All they had to do is plan hardware and staff accordingly.

1.75 million people flooding into any amount of servers is not the same as 500k flooding into any amount of servers.

Even if you created a lot of servers for that many people, you have no clue how populated one is going to become. Regardless of how well you "plan your hardware", servers can only take so much. You can't hold Bioware to the same standard as other MMO launches, because no MMO launch has had this many people trying to participate.

Edited by Jaku

so I can go to Wallmart and buy a copy of the game right now ?...... oh I can't.... then I guess it didn't launch yet did it.

I'm tired of hearing this posted over and over. So let me help you.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/launch

launch

1    [lawnch, lahnch] Show IPA

verb (used with object)

to set (a boat or ship) in the water.

to float (a newly constructed boat or ship) usually by allowing to slide down inclined ways into the water.

to send forth, catapult, or release, as a self-propelled vehicle or weapon: Rockets were launched midway in the battle. The submarine launched its torpedoes and dived rapidly.

to start (a person) on a course, career, etc.

to set going; initiate: to launch a scheme.

to throw; hurl: to launch a spear.

to start (a new venture) or promote (a new product): They launched a new breakfast cereal.

Computers . to start (a software program).

I guess you don't know what the word launch means!!! *SNAP*

Game has launched. Just because they didn't wait until the copies were in hand doesn't mean this not a launch.

Edited by masterjedishane

Fact of the matter is, Origin charged me the same amount of money for the "up to 5 days" as everyone else, should it not stand to reason that I would be allowed the same game time as others? Granted, it was about $8 including VAT (so about half a months sub).

Now, I was well aware that the launch would be staggered, but it is a bit disconcerting seeing how they are doing this spread. At this rate I will have paid an unreasonable amount of money for very little EGA.

Before anyone says I get the money refunded, I won't. I paid directly. I'll still play regardless of whether I get in on the 15th or the 19th, it just galls me a bit that I pay as much as everyone else for less.

1.75 million people flooding into any amount of servers is not the same as 500k flooding into any amount of servers.

Even if you created a lot of servers for that many people, you have no clue how populated one is going to become. Regardless of how well you "plan your hardware", servers can only take so much.

It is the exact same thing on a bigger scale.

They were deducted. Wal-Mart requires full payment when you pre-order online. And it's perfectly legal.

Company has surpassed your expectations, they have not surpassed mine. Nor have they surpassed a large number of other customers expectations. So asking me how you should feel is kind of irrelevant.

You pre-ordered from Walmart? Woooooow.

Regardless, you can get your money back. The door is that way. Of course, if you like to mention which exact expectation was not surpassed here, that would be helpful. Did you expect to enter the game circa Dec. 12? Did you expect not to have staggered entry?

Fact of the matter is, Origin charged me the same amount of money for the "up to 5 days" as everyone else, should it not stand to reason that I would be allowed the same game time as others? Granted, it was about $8 including VAT (so about half a months sub).

Now, I was well aware that the launch would be staggered, but it is a bit disconcerting seeing how they are doing this spread. At this rate I will have paid an unreasonable amount of money for very little EGA.

Before anyone says I get the money refunded, I won't. I paid directly. I'll still play regardless of whether I get in on the 15th or the 19th, it just galls me a bit that I pay as much as everyone else for less.

You haven't paid any money for Early Access. You will have paid exactly the same amount as someone who picks this game up on the 21st.

The concept of a "down payment" is beyond the intelligence of most people here it seems.

That money should be deducted from your full purchase on the 20th. That's usually how preorders work.

Should people who buy the game post-launch get the extra 7 days like everybody else? They paid the same price, only that they bought it at a different time... the exact same thing that separates you from the people in EAG.

The excuse is that you were promised UP TO 5 days. And you're getting exactly that. That should be enough.

Ohh and I don't refute that. All I'm saying is that their decision of making a staggered launch (and don't be fooled EGA and launch are the same thing with different names) is going to make mmo history as one of the worse decisions made for a mmo launch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.