Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

When and how will Juggernauts get buffed?

GGTeMpLaR

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not changed on the PTS. Our fixes probably won't come for months. By this time most of the Juggernaut population will have quit the game from lack of invites to FPs and OPs invites. A select few will say "I stuck with Juggernaut while it was the worst class" even though in actuality they're saying "I was one of the stubborn few who would not admit Juggernaut is the lowest DPS class in the game."

It wont be in the minor bug/exploit patches we get each week. Rather the first big content patch will contain fixes for probably every class. Until we see that coming on the PTR, dont expect anything. Since I imagine the first big patch is months away... thats a rough timeline.

All just a guess...

AFAIK, there was a vague dev statement some weeks ago that they are not quite satisfied with warrior either and that they would probably be the first to get changed somehow. Then there was that recent outlook on the future of pvp and stuff where nothing like this was mentioned so I guess we'll have to wait and see. I woudn't get my hopes up for the near future though :/

I'd really like to see some info because I'm currently rolling up a juggernaut instead of the marauder I started with and I already fear I'll hit 50 just as soon as Marauders get buffed way ahead of juggs.

It wont be in the minor bug/exploit patches we get each week. Rather the first big content patch will contain fixes for probably every class. Until we see that coming on the PTR, dont expect anything. Since I imagine the first big patch is months away... thats a rough timeline.

All just a guess...

First big patch is due out this month. There was a dev blog talking about it. Dev blog was done in December and states

Next month we're going to be releasing a new Flashpoint and an expanded Operation.

Whether it will be out this month or not that points to a big patch that is not months down the line.

We are not changed on the PTS. Our fixes probably won't come for months. By this time most of the Juggernaut population will have quit the game from lack of invites to FPs and OPs invites. A select few will say "I stuck with Juggernaut while it was the worst class" even though in actuality they're saying "I was one of the stubborn few who would not admit Juggernaut is the lowest DPS class in the game."

Please, don't tease me. I cant wait for the fanbois to drop the class. The good players know how to utilize the strengths and mitigate the weaknesses of the class. If you're juggernaut for straight dps, you're probably not part of this group.

Please, don't tease me. I cant wait for the fanbois to drop the class. The good players know how to utilize the strengths and mitigate the weaknesses of the class. If you're juggernaut for straight dps, you're probably not part of this group.

So you're saying you recognize Jugg dps is awful and the only semi-decent tree we have is immortal? Yeah, I've known that for a long time, too.

reroll assassin like me. I've shelved my Juggs until it gets some luv

I have rolled a sin also, but i hope the fix it, i still do daily's for cash and help out my guild when needed

hehe my sin is lvl 12 and full inventory slot, 2 bays, and 150k right now :)

Edited by OriginalBold

Last I checked BioWare stated EVERY SINGLE CLASS WOULD HAVE COMPARABLE DPS.

They do not.

I'm a tank though, thanks for your assumptions.

I rolled for just DPS and I was pretty disappointed until I discovered rage spec. I am quite effective in PvP but I am an above average player. I know from experience with playing as other classes though that we are not in the same ballpark as others, especially ranged DPS.

I can't speak for end game PvE, but I am sure we really struggle there. Rage would be no good for that and I suspect vengeance is ok but nowhere near what the ranged classes can pull.

Immortal juggs are practically that...immortal. We should not be holed into that though because that is not what was advertised. Even when I ran a hybrid spec I was pretty ridiculously hard to kill. But, "everyone" says jugg tanking is a challenge for end game because of aggro management and the ranged tanks have a big advantage. No experience there, so can't make a statement first hand.

What seems to be clear to me though, is there is a massive ranged advantage in this game from all aspects. Probably moreso than any other MMO I have played. That gap needs to be closed a bit.

Not sure why you all cry about damage, i seem to do absolutely fine damage.

Im not re-rolling anytime soon.

You've clearly never PvP'd or played another class if you think Juggernaut DPS is fine.

Her let me fill you in on what 'fine' DPS looks like.

lol! same thing i was thinking reading the post.

People dont realize the potential. I dont say we need need some tweaking , every class does (small nerf, small buff) but nothing dramatic , im doing everything i want just fine. I got a maxed out jugg and a 44 merc and now im leveling a jedi knight. Im really please with my jugg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.