How's bioware morale?

Creepsauce

George seems to find all our moaning hilarious.

George has been laughing his way to the bank since the late 70's

Star Wars is BioWare: Austin, which is mostly the failed rejects that botched up the Warhammer MMO and now are botching up the Star Wars MMO. The BioWare name sells games, whereas the Mythic name is just dead in the water. Different brand, same fail.

Everybody is wondering why BioWare had to go and buy the Hero Engine for this game. Ordinarily, they probably wouldn't, but because it's not BioWare proper that's working on it... it's BioWare Austin, they had to.

I wouldn't be worried about their morale now. I'd be worried about their morale when GWII and TSW get released and PvP is still a mess, end game is still pointless, and their only major selling point is still their storylines that everyone has gotten sick of.

OK, Debbie Downer, how about those starving kids in Somalia....WAHH WAHHH WAHHH

Edited by rakadisaprin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so Bioware just entered the MMO arena. Like a virgin trying to please all those capricious players.

Wondering how BW guys are handling all that crying and ranting and yelling and swearing, which are so so so overwhelming in any MMO forum?

Blizzard guys with their 7 or so years of experience are tough enough and know how to ignore QQ and/or when to take it seriously. I'm worried about Bioware which, as an MMO-newb, lack confidence for the moment and can get too touchy or panic for this flow of tears and rant.

In any case, my personnal cheers to BW guys out there. I think they made an awesome job.

Now, as a fellow MMO player, let my QQ begin.

QQQQQQQQ FIX THE FPS ISSUE QQQQQQQQQQQQ

im sure its fine rhey just made crap ton of money in sales. They entered into a very onsided agreement with EA and LA. Right now i think rhey are deciding if its worth it to try and stop the bleeding or let their big dream gade off into obscurity. I like the game but i dont rhink the core of the mmo population will find this game to have longevity. Its too theme parkwith very little social features. The mechanics are very static and world deaign is about as good as nwn 1 was

I'm sure they're quite proud of what they've created, and they should be.

The majority of devs are probably just lol'ing at the forums like the rest of us, except when their bosses see how whiny we are over stupid issues (grace period anyone?) and force them to put stuff in to appease the mob.

An over-arching plot doesn't have to be epic.

The over-arching plot WAS the Champion.

Some stories are event based.

Some are setting based.

Some are character based.

For example, ME2 was a character based story. It was about your companions and their lives and motivations more than it was about your character or what was going on in the universe.

Uhh no. The story was about investigating and stopping the Reapers/Collectors.

Edited by youwillburn

My guess is they are ignoring all the herpa derp morons on these forums and going about doing the work their superiors are outlining for them to do so they can reach their next development milestone.

Alternatively, I hope they get a few hours off a day to laugh at the sheer amount of stupidity that has infected these forums.

I know I do :D .

I'm afraid they underestimated running an MMO. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the near future, BW will be sold to a more experienced company to fix everything.

lol, no.

Yes, swtor isn't perfect and could use a few fixes.. but you make it sound as if there are many game breaking bugs.. which there isn't. At all.

I'm afraid they underestimated running an MMO. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the near future, BW will be sold to a more experienced company to fix everything.

Wait what? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yes, the creaters of Mass Effect are going to be sold to another company.......I mean, at the worst they close down the austin studio (SWTOR).

BioWare is much bigger than this game. They have an ace franchise (mass effect) and a possibly ace franchise (Dragon Age if they can make a comeback from 2) with a new RTS studio (C&C Generals 2)

Also, didn't EA just buy them a few years ago for a cool 700million USD?

LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Edited by CrazyTexan

Go out and read the business articles on the game and what the execs think. They know they made mistakes and made some poor judgements in developing the game.

Nice to know they took some time off from counting the beans.... :jawa_angel:

They're still thinking they're all that and a bag of chips after initial box sales. Ask this same question a month from now.

Don't get me wrong, I think the game has potential and hope I'm subbing for awhile. Unfortunately it doesn't look like BW is going to give mmo gamers some of the things they're asking for, which means mass exodus in a couple of weeks.

To coin a phrase from a TV show ""All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."

I've never worked in software development but I know enough about computers, programming and the design/testing process to roll my eyes at most of the **** I see posted as a 'complaint' on these forums.

I'm sure BioWire is shrugging 99% of these things off, same as when you get someone vehemently screaming and spraying you with their spittle as they try and defend the earth being flat or some****.

Alright so Bioware just entered the MMO arena. Like a virgin trying to please all those capricious players.

Wondering how BW guys are handling all that crying and ranting and yelling and swearing, which are so so so overwhelming in any MMO forum?

Blizzard guys with their 7 or so years of experience are tough enough and know how to ignore QQ and/or when to take it seriously. I'm worried about Bioware which, as an MMO-newb, lack confidence for the moment and can get too touchy or panic for this flow of tears and rant.

In any case, my personnal cheers to BW guys out there. I think they made an awesome job.

They made a excellent game (though they lose marks for a few boneheaded design choices)

They delivered and support of the game how ever has been very lacking and leaves much to be desired.

Game = 8/10

Bussiness side of things = 2/10

What the subs look like after this first month will really set a tone for the future IMO.

yeah thats not even remotely true

What the subs look like after 6 - 12 months will be the real indication of the future for this game.

First few months are always big impact, big fall out for a MMORPG.

Its how well they sit after the impulse buyers and delusional buyers (those that still convinced themselves this was SWG2.0 for example) are done and gone.

They made a excellent game (though they lose marks for a few boneheaded design choices)

They delivered and support of the game how ever has been very lacking and leaves much to be desired.

Game = 8/10

Bussiness side of things = 2/10

I agree, Mate of mine has had a support ticket open for almost 2 weeks now.

Game is fantastic, but support does need to get a grip on things.

I'd hope their ignoring the majority of it.

99% of the complaints on these forums are baseless.

Yeah right. Because you are the man, you have proper insight we, the stupid majority suffering delays, annoying bugs and whatnot, are not able to see because we are blinded by hate, right?

yeah thats not even remotely true

What the subs look like after 6 - 12 months will be the real indication of the future for this game.

First few months are always big impact, big fall out for a MMORPG.

Its how well they sit after the impulse buyers and delusional buyers (those that still convinced themselves this was SWG2.0 for example) are done and gone.

This counts for the average MMO, not a wannabe WoW killer. Sry pal.

lol, no.

Yes, swtor isn't perfect and could use a few fixes.. but you make it sound as if there are many game breaking bugs.. which there isn't. At all.

Agreed, I do think Support needs to work out there kinks and get back to people in a reasonable amount of time.

As for the game, I have not seen or come across any game breaking bugs, just a few tweaking issues.

Considering they had somewhere between 3-4 million preorders between the US and EU and are getting favorable reviews, I'd say their moral would be pretty high. Especially since the studio already has 2 other smash hit franchises in ME and DA and are backed by huge studios like EA and Lucas Arts.

If their moral isn't high with the roll they're on there's something wrong.

BioWare Austin is headed by Rich Vogel and Gordon Walton. Both of these guys cut their teeth on Ultima Online and then SWG. So they aren't really MMO newbs.